Have you ever considered yoga for weight loss? Yoga is not a religion; it’s a lifestyle you are going to adopt- for life. It improves your mental and physical immunity, remarkably changing the way you lead your life. These best yoga exercises for fast weight loss will give you the results that you want in no time!
Further Reading: Workouts to Lose 10 Pounds in 30 Days
Benefits of Yoga
As we all know, yoga is a series of a physical, mental and spiritual activity which increases your flexibility, strengthens your muscles, and centers your thought and helps you cope with the effect of stress.
Aside from all these, yoga can lessen chronic pain, lower your blood pressure, reduce insomnia and prepare you mentally for all daily activities. Though, this post is not centered on the benefits of yoga. It is about using yoga poses for weight loss especially in the belly region of the body.
A step by step guide will be provided on how to use yoga poses for weight loss and burning belly fat.
Can Yoga Help You Lose Belly Fat?
Yoga offers hundreds of asanas (postures) contained within a countless number of flows or sequences. All postures deliver a variety of physical benefits.
Additionally, almost every pose addresses detoxification on some level.
5 Best Yoga Exercises For Fast Weight Loss
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for Yoga Exercises. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
1. VIRABHADRASANA 2
Also Known As – Warrior 2 Pose
Warrior Pose II is one of the most effective exercises for tummy and thighs that opens up the hips strengthens and tones the thighs, works the abdominal muscles and organs and aids in enhancing stamina and concentration.
It also helps in energizing the strained limbs and the answer to the question of how to get rid of upper arm flab.
The Warrior 2 Pose is a revitalizing pose that helps you build stamina while stretching all the muscles below your hips. It is the second level of the Warrior Pose that comes with a lot of benefits apart from just toning and strengthening your legs. It relieves sciatica like magic.
How It Works:
- Stand with your legs placed away from one another. Now move your right foot to the right side and bend your right knee so that your right thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Start your hands to two sides keeping them parallel to the floor and look to your right.
- Count for 30 seconds to 1 minute and return to the starting position. Repeat the same on the other side.
- Do the exercise 2 to 3 times on both sides.
- By doing this, the abdominal muscles are stretched. So, try this pose which will be very effective for fat elimination.
Nb: Avoid this asana if you have chronic knee pain, arthritis, high blood pressure or diarrhea.
Also Known As – Boat Pose
This is one of the power-packed mat exercises for abs toning. This pose will help to attack belly fat near the waist while strengthening the muscles in the legs and back. To perform this pose.
Think of a see-saw or a boat when you think of this asana. It works in the same way, and the midriff becomes the base for balancing the body. If you have trouble losing that stubborn belly fat, here is something that will give you visible results. With a little practice, you are well on your way to achieve toned abs.
How It Works:
- Lie on your back with your legs stretched out but together, and your arms at your sides.
- Inhale and begin to raise your legs, keeping them straight.
- Stretch your feet and toes and raise your legs as high as you can without bending your knees.
- The spine should be straight, and your body should make a V shape.
- Raise your arms to the shoulder level.
This pose will increase your stamina and also cut down tummy fat. It will increase your lower and upper body strength.
Lift your arms to reach your toes and create a 45-degree angle with your body. Keep breathing normally and hold this pose for 15 seconds. Release and exhale.
Repeat this pose 5 times with a rest time of 15 seconds in between each pose.
Nb: Do not do this asana if you are suffering from insomnia, hernia or spinal injuries.
Read Also: Proven Exercises to Burn Lower Belly Fat
3. BUDDHA KONASANA
Also Known As – Cobbler Pose
It is simple and easy to perform yoga exercise for weight loss that can be done perfectly by newbies as well. This asana tones the lower part of the body by stimulating the abdominal muscles and organs and stretching the inner thighs, knees, and groin. It also helps in treating infertility, asthma, depression, and anxiety.
The cobbler’s pose is one of the easiest and helpful poses of yoga. The Cobbler Pose works on the inner and outer thighs.
How It Works:
You need to sit down with your spine straight. Your knees should be bent, and the soles of your feet should be facing each other. You should press the soles together and hold this pose for at least a minute.
An interesting variation of this pose is to flutter the legs like a butterfly – a reason why it is also called the Butterfly Pose. It is easy, straightforward, and relaxes your lower body.
Nb: Avoid doing this if you are menstruating or have knee injuries.
Also Known As – Cobra Pose
A pivotal pose in the Surya Namaskar, this is an elegant asana that works on your upper body. It gives the abdominal muscles a rooted stretch and acts as a catalyst for burning unwanted belly fat.
It is one of the most effective stretches, to provide a deep stretch to the shoulders, chest and also the abdominals; this is one of the best poses to get rid of the stiffness off your lower back.
It strengthens the arms and shoulders, also ups your flexibility quotient. The pose is also a great mood elevator as well. It tones up your entire body and invigorates your heart.
How It Works:
- Lie on your stomach. Rest your hands on the side and ensure that your toes touch each other; this increases the difficulty level of the pose.
- Then slowly but surely, move your hands to the front, ensure they are at the shoulder level and place your palms on the floor.
- Now, after placing your body’s weight on your palms, take a deep breath in and raise your head and torso.
- Bend at your elbows at this stage.
- Arch your neck backward in an attempt to impersonate the cobra pose with the raised hood.
- Keep your shoulder blades firm, and your shoulders are away from your ears.
Press your hips, thighs, and feet onto the floor.
- Hold the pose for about 15 to 30 seconds while continuing to breathe normally.
- Feel your stomach pressed against the floor.
- To release the pose, slowly bring back your hands to the sides.
- Rest your head on the floor.
This pose can strengthen the ab muscles to reduce belly fat. It will also help to strengthen the upper body by creating a strong and flexible spine. To perform this pose:
Nb: If you are pregnant, have an ulcer, hernia or back injury, do not attempt this pose.
Read More: Using Apple Cider for Weight Loss
Also Known As – Eagle Pose
It is a great exercise for getting stronger arms, legs, knees, and ankles. It provides circulation to all the joints; opens up shoulder joints and creates space between the shoulder blades.
This pose also helps improve your concentration powers and focus.
The Eagle Pose is a convoluted pose that engages your thighs, legs, and arms while pushing the torso outside the body. The balancing act helps you find stability and, in the process, strengthens your core and hip muscles.
How It Works:
- Stand straight then gently bend your right knee, and bring your left leg around your right in such a way that the knees are stacked over each other.
- Your left foot should touch your right shin. Lift your arms and bring them closer to the shoulder height and wrap your right hand around your left.
- Make sure that your elbows are bent at 90-degree angles and are next to each other.
- Try to strike a balance in the pose as you gently bring down your hips.
- Move your knees towards the midline instead of leaning to one side. Hold the pose for another few seconds.
- Practice mindful breathing. Focus on your third eye, and feel your negative emotions dissipating away.
- Release the pose, switch to the limbs, and repeat the pose.
Nb: Avoid this asana if you have knee, shoulder or ankle pain. Also, consult your doctor if you are pregnant.
With all the yoga pose for weight loss mentioned above; if practiced well and regularly, they will yield a result in no time and you have that dream body you have been craving for.