Detox teas for weight loss are also popularly known as skinny tea or cleansing tea. A detox tea recipe consists of hot water steeped in herbs or other plant materials such as roots. Many doctors and nutritionists praise detox drinks as one of the easiest ways to rid your body of toxins, flush your liver, boost your energy, give your digestive system a break, and improve your overall health.
For a person who wants to shed some pounds, you can use detox teas for weight loss.
In a 2011 survey of 196 naturopathic doctors, 92% of the doctors reported using clinical detoxification therapy to treat a range of conditions from environmental exposures, general cleansing, digestive disorders, and autoimmune diseases. Some alternative medicine practitioners believe these detox teas nourish the liver, an organ that aids in the elimination of toxins from your body.
What is a Detox Drink?
A detox drink is a drink recipe (which includes detox tea, detox water, detox juice, detox smoothie, etc.) that helps your body rid itself of toxins, promote weight loss, boost energy, cleanse the liver, or any combination of these.
They’re also known as the detox cleanse drinks or cleansing drinks. They usually contain some combination of water with fruit, vegetables, herbs or other natural ingredients that boost your body’s ability to eliminate toxins from your system.
The world is full of pollutants – from the air, we breathe to the food we eat and the water we drink. All around us, there are things that we ingest that our bodies can’t use or worse, do harm to our system.
When you detox, you’re giving your body, especially your liver, a chance rid itself of these toxins and get some recovery time in. If you constantly keep eating, drinking, and breathing these toxic substances without flushing them from your system, they build up over time and you risk health issues including cancer, reproductive, metabolic, and mental health effects.
Other health benefits of detox drinks include:
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps weight loss
- Improves skin health
- Boosts energy and alertness
Detox Tea Cleanse for Weight Loss
Detox Teas For Weight Loss Recipes has been a popular topic due to its popularity with celebrities. Beyonce reportedly lost 20 pounds in two weeks on a cleanse before her role in the film Dreamgirls, and E! News host Giuliana Rancic is said to have used them to slim down her already fit physique for her 2007 wedding.
Perhaps that’s part of the reason for the boom; these teas can help you lose that last few pounds, or jump-start a major weight loss journey. They help people in all stages of their weight loss trim a few pounds, making it a great option for just about everyone.
So what is the best detox teas for weight loss? It’s not just the tea, but a well-rounded diet supplemented with these metabolism increasing teas. Many teas have shown results, so what it comes down to is decide which you enjoy, which ones you can afford and consistently see results from. When we tested the teas, I lost 3 pounds in 2 days, with just two cups of tea a day along with a healthy diet.
Yogi Detox teas for weight loss, popular with many consumers, have lots of flavors to choose from, can be found in many grocery and health food stores and have a reputable, 30+ year history with consumers.
Best Detox Teas for Weight Loss
1. Pukka Organic Detox:
This is just great if you are feeling bloated. It contains fennel and aniseed which will help with indigestion – and give it a crisp taste. There’s also liquorice root, a popular stress-busting remedy.
2. Bootea Daytime (14 days):
Avoid a coffee crash with Bootea. A major ingredient is Chinese Oolong, which contains small amounts of caffeine to give you the boost you need. The uplifting lemongrass aroma and zesty flavor will leave you feeling refreshed after just one sip.
3. YogiTea Detox:
This traditional Ayurvedic blend of spices like cinnamon, fennel, turmeric root and cardamom complements the notes of liquorice, while the aromatic Indian spices are warming. It comes with a snippet of spiritual wisdom for every mug you brew, too.
Yogi Teas is one of the biggest and BEST brands at providing high-quality tea to its customers. It’s a solid tea from a very well established company with over 3,000+ positive reviews on this tea alone.
4. Dr. Stuart’s Detox:
The minty flavor of Dr. Stuart’s is revitalizing. It contains spearmint, peppermint and a dash of burdock root for a sweet aftertaste. Each tea bag comes in a small envelope. That way, you can carry your favorite detox teas for weight loss around on the go without danger of getting tea leaves everywhere.
5. Flor Essence:
Flor Essence is made with a blend of eight natural herbs: red clover, kelp, blessed thistle, slippery elm, Turkish rhubarb, sheep sorrel, watercress and burdock root. They’re all organic, too, so it’s gentle on the stomach. The taste is quite bitter – you might want to add a drop of honey to sweeten. Ensure you take this drink before meals for maximum benefit.
6. Clipper Organic Detox Infusion:
This exotic infusion contains aloe vera and hibiscus and will transport you to a tropical beach with one sip (with a little imagination). Aloe vera is good for lowering cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Meanwhile, the enzymes packed into it break down fats and sugars.
7. Qi Organic Fairtrade Green Tea:
Packing a citrusy punch, Qi is a good energy-booster. This green tea will not only keep you feeling more awake but will give your system a good cleanse and keep your liver healthy as it contains milk thistle, which counters damage to the organ.
Health Boosting Herbal Teas
Health-boosting Herbal teas — much less commonly called herb teas or tisanes — and fruit teas are beverages made from the infusion or decoction of herbs, spices, fruits, or other plant material in hot water. They do not contain caffeine.
Whether you’re an avid tea drinker or not, these Tested and Proven detox tea for weight loss recipes will surely satisfy your taste buds as well as provide a healthy boost for our system. These Powerful Health Boosting Herbal Tea packs a punch and acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory, pain reliever, migraine soother, anti cold and flu agent, digestive aid and lymph system cleanser.
Herbal Tea For Weight Loss
Garlic Tea for Weight Loss
This detox teas for weight loss helps to remove the toxins from the body and cleanse the colon to remove the extra calories for weight loss. It also contains antioxidants, antibiotics like allicin and phytoncide that helps to aid weight loss by controlling the cholesterol levels.
- Take a cup of water and boil it for few minutes.
- Allow the water to boil and then turn off the heat.
- Add 2 – 3 cloves of garlic that is crushed finely in that water.
- Allow it to steep for about 5 – 10 minutes and then strain the tea to discard the garlic cloves.
- Drink this tea by adding a little of honey and lemon juice to that tea.
- Stir it well and drink this tea to get relief from the weight loss.
- I suggest taking this tea regularly for perfect slim and fit healthy physique.
Lemon Ginger Tumeric Detox Tea
Lemon, Ginger, and Tumeric act as a fat burner that helps to lose fat, gradually decreases the number of fat cells and cholesterol from your body to make you lose weight and have a slim and fit look.
This Herbal tea stimulates appetite to get your meal digest better by producing enough digestive juices and suppress it, that makes you feel full in your stomach and you eat less food to cut down your calories. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-obesity effects that allow for the healthy weight loss.
- 2-inch knob of ginger or substitute 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2-3 inch piece of turmeric root or substitute 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-2 dashes of cayenne powder (or you could juice 1/2 a habanero or jalapeño pepper)
- 4 organic lemons (3 for juicing and 1 for slicing as a garnish)
- 3 droppers vanilla stevia
- 2 quarts water
- In a juicer, juice your ginger root, turmeric, and 3 lemons
- In a large pitcher add your juice to about 2 quarts of water,
- a couple droppers of vanilla stevia to taste,
- a couple dashes of cayenne and your thinly cut lemon slices.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon and adjust flavors to taste.
Parsley Tea for Weight Loss
Parsley tea has long been taken as detox teas for weight loss due to its effective diuretic properties. Research has proven that parsley tea eliminates the excess water weight in the body and makes you lose weight and look slim. The tea is very easy to make and a great addition to your diet plan.
This health boosting herbal teas has low calories, fat, and sugar levels. Parsley tea is also a proven source of vitamins like A, C, and K and quercetin (flavonoid) that provides healthy nutrition and help with consistent and healthy weight loss.
- Take a pot of water and place it on the stove.
- Boil it for few minutes to bring it the boiling point.
- When once the water starts boiling then add 1/4 cup of fresh parsley leaves to it, but don’t use dried parsley leaves.
- Allow it to boil for about 5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Strain the water and discard the parsley leaves.
- Drink this tea to prevent the overweight and continue drinking this parsley tea 2 – 3 times a day till you reached the desired weight loss.
Fennel Tea for Weight Loss
Fennel tea has been proven to contain many health-giving benefits which have helped it rank as one of the best detox teas for weight loss. It is packed full of potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamin B and C. For weight loss; it gives double benefits as it acts as an appetite suppressant and a metabolism booster that helps a lot in cutting down the extra calories from your body.
This finally adds to your daily diet to stave off cravings and boost the metabolism and burn the calories to lose weight. It also flushes out the toxins from your body by cleansing the colon and loses the extra weight.
- Take 4 teaspoons of fennel seeds and pour this in 2 pints of boiling water on your cooker.
- Reduce the heat and simmer it for about 5 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and cover it for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Finally, strain the tea and drink this either in hot or iced for about 3 – 4 times a day.
- Regularly drink this tea to get relief from the weight loss.
- Please note that Fennel is toxic if taken in large doses, so drink the recommended dosage as prescribed by the doctor or nutritionist.
- Fennel tea will helps to lose more weight when combined with healthy diet.
- A regular exercise plan should also be adhered to produce better effective results over time.
Peppermint Tea for Weight Loss
In recent years, peppermint tea gained popularity as one of the best remedies and detox teas for weight loss. Peppermint is a natural appetite suppressant. It soothes the digestion and promotes the healthy bowel movements. It does this by relaxing the gastrointestinal organs, and this finally controls craving, increases immunity to prevent infection, relieve indigestion and promotes weight loss.
- Take a tablespoon of either fresh or dried peppermint leaf.
- Add this to a cup of boiling water and steep it for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Strain the tea and then add a little bit of honey to it.
- Stir it and sip it slowly to enjoy the taste and to lose weight.
- Drink this tea regularly to lose overweight and also to prevent indigestion problems.
Dandelion Tea for Weight Loss
Dandelion tea has diuretic properties that cause water weight loss. It has no calories, therefore is an excellent choice for weight loss.
Taking dandelion tea before meals or using in your cooking promotes fat and cholesterol breakdown, as it makes you feel full. It detoxifies the body to lower the fat content and blood cholesterol, resulting in weight loss.
Method – 1:
- Boil a glass of water and add a fresh, cleaned dandelion root.
- Let it steep for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea to discard the roots and consume this tea up to 3 times a day.
Method – 2:
- Chop 1/2- 2 teaspoons of dried dandelion root and place in a saucepan containing a quart of boiling water.
- Boil for 5 – 10 minutes before straining.
- Drink this tea regularly, once or twice a day.
- Alternatively, you can use dandelion tea bags.
Further Reading: 10 DIY Detox Water For Weight Loss and cleansing
When choosing detox teas for weight loss, go for organic ones. It’s not that much more expensive, and it’s much better for your long-term health. If you prefer the Do it yourself route, The Herbal teas recipes will help you achieve that fast weight loss you desire as well.
Then, always remember to listen to your body when you’re trying out a new detox. Everyone responds in different ways, and it’s important to pay attention to when your body is telling you that something is working or not working.