Do you even know that there are foods that will help you lose weight naturally? It can be considered the case of “eat more, lose more”. One of the major problems of people when it comes to healthy foods and dieting is fear.
They feel that losing weight with healthy food means they have to starve themselves or stick to sour foods. Well, it doesn’t have to be! There are delicious foods that will help you lose weight.
Another problem I have come to realize with people trying to lose weight is that they focus on the numbers too much. Therefore, when losing weight, the focus should not be on just the numbers alone.
The first thing should be living a healthy life. And eating should not primarily be to reduce weight only (this is why most people starve themselves). It should be to give the body enough nutrient that will help it function correctly.
It’s not that the number of calories doesn’t matter. Of course, it does. The problem is that when you focus on only the calories, you forget about the other important parts of eating healthy. Here are some questions you should ask yourself:
- How will my body feel after eating them?
- What nutrients are in these foods?
- How will my body feel 5 hours after eating them?
- How full will they make me?
- Will they give me more cravings?
The point is, being healthy is not just a game of numbers where the big winner is the one that eats the fewest calories and as a result, lose the most pounds.
If this is so, then it completely ignores the fact that the higher the quality of the food you consume, the lower the quantity of food your body feels the need to consume.
It’s the person who can get the most nutrient dense foods in and still remain within a certain calorie range who will lose weight.
Benefits of Healthy Foods for Weight Loss
These foods that will help you lose weight, offer the following benefits:
1. Natural weight loss
2. Increased energy
3. Vibrant, healthy skin
4. Better mood
5. A better outlook on “dieting” and less compulsive counting. All of these make the process of weight loss simpler and easier.
Also, when looking for foods that will help you lose weight fast, there are 3 rules you want to follow:
1. Eat foods that have lots of fiber. The reason is that these foods are some of the most fillings.
2. Eat foods that are high in protein. These foods are also much more filling than other foods.
3. Avoid carbs, and eat more fats. Now, you should never stop eating carbohydrates, but they will slow your weight loss progress (especially in the beginning of any diet regimen). Instead, focus on consuming lots of high-quality fats.
Delicious Foods That Will Help You Lose Weight Fast
1. Broccoli & Feta Omelet with Toast
1 cup chopped broccoli
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
2 slices rye bread, toasted
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add broccoli, and cook 3 minutes.
- Combine egg, feta, and dill in a small bowl.
- Add egg mixture to pan. Cook 3 to 4 minutes; flip the omelet and cook 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with toast.
2. White Bean & Herb Hummus with Crudites
1/4 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
Assorted raw vegetables, such as chopped broccoli florets, sliced green and red peppers, and baby carrots
Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Combine beans, chives, lemon juice, and oil in a small bowl.
- Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Serve with 1/2 cup raw vegetables, such as cucumbers, carrots, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, broccoli, and grape tomatoes.
3. Middle Eastern Rice Salad
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes or until onion begins to brown.
- Remove from heat, and stir in chickpeas, cumin, and salt.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine rice, onion-chickpea mixture, dates, mint, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Toss well until thoroughly combined.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
4. Chocolate-Dipped Banana Bites
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
1 small banana, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Place chocolate chips in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag or small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts.
- Dip banana pieces in chocolate.
5. Curried Egg Salad Sandwich
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons plain Greek-style low-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 slices rye bread, toasted
1/2 cup fresh spinach
- Combine eggs, yogurt, bell pepper, curry powder, salt, and pepper, in a small bowl; stir well.
- Place spinach on rye bread, top with egg salad, and serve the orange on the side.
6. Energy-Revving Quinoa
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 small tomato, chopped
1/3 cup canned low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1 scallion, sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, gently toss all ingredients to combine.
7. Salmon Noodle Bowl
4 ounces soba buckwheat noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
5 ounces asparagus, cut into thirds
1 (6-oz) salmon fillet, skin off, cut into 8 pieces
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Zest and juice of 1-2 limes (3 TBSP juice)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
4 ounces cucumber, skin on, cut into medium pieces
1/2 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes for soba, 8 for spaghetti). Transfer with tongs to a strainer.
- Add asparagus to same boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes); rinse under cold water.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook the salmon until cooked through, turning pieces (about 2-3 minutes per side). Reserve.
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sesame oil, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the noodles, asparagus, and vinaigrette in a medium serving bowl.
- Add the cucumber and avocado; toss to coat. Just before serving, add salmon.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, or make up to 4 hours ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
8. Egg and Rice Salad
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup cooked green beans, roughly chopped (3 oz)
1 ripe plum, thinly sliced (3 oz)
2 tablespoons (1/2 oz) chopped walnuts
1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine rice, beans, plum, walnuts, and egg in a portable container.
- Drizzle with sesame oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
If these foods that will help you lose weight are consumed, it would surprise you that while weight loss goal is achieved, the body will also be stronger and healthier.