Get rid of Neck Fat and Double Chin – Isn’t it funny how our face has a way of categorizing us into forms of beauty? While many consider the thin face as their symbol of perfect beauty, others see the fat and double chin ones with a negative impression.
Double chin is often caused by loss of collagen, a type of protein found in our body that holds the whole body together. When the skin loses this protein, its elasticity tends to decrease causing the skin and neck to sag which usually starts to happen when you’re in your late 20s.
Losing weight can be a challenge on its own, let alone from a specific area of your body. Particularly, extra fat in the face is an incredibly frustrating problem to solve. A double chin is often associated with weight gain, but you don’t have to be overweight to have one.
Genetics or looser skin resulting from aging may also cause a double chin. Fortunately, there are plenty of strategies that can help increase fat burning and help slim down your face.
See Also: How To Lose Lower Belly Fat
Many have asked, “can double chin go away?” The answer is yes! There are natural ways to get rid of neck fat and double chin. All you need is to apply some simple exercise routine to it.
Before we talk of how to lose neck fat without going under the blade, let’s first get to know some of the causes of neck fat and double chin.
Causes Of Face Fat
- Genetic inheritance
- Lack of essential body nutrients
- Obesity or being overweight
- Poor diet
- Excessive intake of carbohydrates, salt, sugar, and fats
- Lack of enough sleep
- Poor Posture
Here are eight simple and effective exercises that will show you just how easy it is to get rid of neck fat and double chin fast.
How To Get Rid Of Neck Fat And Double Chin Fast Fast
Facial exercises can be used to improve facial appearance, combat aging and improve muscle strength (1). Anecdotal reports claim that adding facial exercises to your routine can also tone facial muscles, making your face appears slimmer.
1. The Big Smile
- Lie on your back without a pillow with knees bent up and feet resting on the bed.
- Open your mouth widely and then close it slowly while resisting the closing.
- Try to have a big, wide smile but don’t clench your teeth.
- While holding the smile, lift your head slightly and then put it down.
- Do this lifting seven times.
2. Stick Your Tongue Out
Sticking your tongue out several times is an easy exercise. However, unlike we all did at childhood when asked to, this will be carefully carried out to get rid of your double chin. Follow these steps.
- Go on and open your mouth wide.
- Stick your tongue out as far as you can.
- Hold it for a few seconds and then slowly return it to your mouth.
- Do this at least 10 times.
3. The Neck Roll
This exercise tones and stretches the muscles of your neck and jaw, it, therefore, helps to get rid of neck fat and double chin. It helps in releasing tension from shoulders and relieves.
- Stand straight with an erect spine.
- Take a deep breath and turn your head on one side until your chin touches your shoulder.
- Slowly, roll your head downwards till your chin touches your chest.
- Repeat the same with the other side.
- Keep your spine and shoulders straight.
4. Chin Up
This exercise is gently done around the neck. Though similar to the previous one, the difference is that this focuses on the chin itself, and it takes your relaxed self to do this.
- Stand or sit keeping your spine straight.
- Tilt your head slightly back and look towards the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips tightly as if you are trying to kiss the ceiling.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds is.
- Repeat at least 10 times.
5. Chin Slap
Chin slap is a friendly technique used in exercising your chin to get rid of neck fat and double chin. This is probably the easiest of them all and the gentlest. Feels good when stroked gently.
- Face forward and gently slap your lower jaw with the back of your hand.
- Don’t be too hard.
- Do this continuously for about 30—40 seconds.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Neck Fat and Double Chin
Below are the best home remedies to get rid of neck fat and double chin fast naturally at home. If your double chin is due to weight gain, losing weight may make it smaller or get rid of it. The best way to lose weight is to eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly.
6. Drink Sufficient Water
Fat deposits are great for making water reserves in the case of not drinking enough water, so remediating this issue will lead to reducing neck fat. Drinking eight glasses of water, at least, per day will improve the situation.
Drinking water can decrease calorie intake and temporarily increase metabolism. It may also reduce fluid retention to prevent bloating and swelling in your face. Also, drinking sufficient water will help you to lose weight, curbing your appetite and cravings.
7. Change Your Diet And Eating Habits
Unhealthy foods and a disorganized diet lead to neck fat accumulations. To get rid of neck fat and double chin deposit, take the following steps.
- Alter your diet and adopt healthier eating habits.
- Avoid processed foods such as junk food, fast food, and sugary foods, fried foods.
- Stay away from other foods that contain unhealthy fats.
- Let your diet consist of quality proteins coming from lean meat, vegetables, fruits, whole cereals, and some dairy products.
- Reduce your portions. It is better to eat often but in smaller quantities. So make sure you have three regular meals per day.
- Drink plenty of water.
8. Night Sleep
Studies have shown that high cortisol levels can increase appetite and alter metabolism, resulting in increased fat storage (3, 4). Furthermore, squeezing in more sleep may help you shed extra pounds.
It is essential to allow your body to rest properly. Many people don’t realize that losing sleep makes them gain weight and fat, although they only have one meal per day, out of the desire to lose some weight. Having enough sleep is a big part of it.
For a healthy body and efficient weight loss, you will have to sleep approximately 8 hours every night. A well-rested body will enjoy improved processes and will get rid of fat faster.
9. Watch Your Sodium Intake
Reducing your intake of sodium may help reduce fluid retention and decrease bloating and puffiness in your face. One hallmark of excess sodium intake is bloating, and it may also contribute to facial puffiness and swelling.
This is because sodium causes your body to hold extra water, resulting in fluid retention (5).
Processed foods account for an estimated 77% of sodium intake in the average diet, so cutting out convenience foods, savory snacks, and processed meats can be an easy and effective way to cut your sodium intake (8).
Consider reducing your sodium intake to make your face appear slimmer.
10. Double Chin Surgery
If your double chin is caused by genetics, tightening up the area with exercise may help. It’s unclear whether weight loss will help. In this case, your doctor may recommend an invasive procedure such as:
Lipolysis only treats fat. In most cases, a local anesthetic is all that’s needed during lipolysis to treat a double chin. It doesn’t remove excess skin or increase skin’s elasticity. Side effects of lipolysis may include:
NOTE: You may not like to opt for double chin surgical treatment because recent research has shown that all double chin surgeries are linked with the known risks of infection, bleeding, bruising, anesthesia, and scarring, along with the likelihood of a poor outcome and the expected discomfort and recovery time for the victim.
There are plenty of methods available to help you lose extra fat in your face. Maintaining a healthy weight will help keep a double chin in check. This also has added benefits because it reduces your overall risk of several ailments.
If diet and exercise don’t help your double chin, ask your doctor if an invasive procedure is an option for you.