To get rid of saddlebags for women is possible. For clarity sake, saddlebags and normal fat builds are two different things often mistaken, one for the other. Saddlebags build up on sides of your upper tights, thereby allowing broadness of the pelvic region.
If ignored at first, these continue to grow and tighten like any other muscle in the body.
It later gets tough and changes the physical appearance of the body. However, with constant and consistent exercises, it is possible to get rid of the saddlebags.
It is also noteworthy that to get rid of saddlebags for women is not magic. It is not expected to vanish without any cause or effort. Consistent exercise will pay off, and in no time, the saddlebags will be gotten rid of.
What are saddlebags on body
Saddlebags are extra fat that appears on the thighs. Most people mistake them for the extra curve on the hips but they are not curves. This fat is as a result of aging and lack of activity that changes the shape of the body. Be sure to pair regular exercise with a nutritious and clean diet to blast saddlebags for good!
Simple Exercises To Get Rid Of Saddlebags
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for this workout. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat or a yoga mat to lay on the floor. If you’d like to get these workout gears, you can purchase from Amazon.
1. Side Kicks:
Inspired by traditional martial art moves, Side-kicks help to prevent your hips and glutes from becoming wide. It also helps to get rid of saddlebags that want to prove stubborn.
How To :
- Get down on all fours ensuring the hands and shoulders and knees and hips are in straight line.
- With the thigh straight, lift your right knee out on the side and kick on the side.
- The target is to get the leg parallel to the floor. Hold in position and count
- Bring it back in position by first folding the leg at the knee and pull it inside.
- Repeat the process at least 15 times with right leg before switching to the left one. This completes one routine.
At least 3 of such routines need to be done with an interval of 3 minutes. Challenges may be added to the routine by attaching weights to the legs or using tension elastics on your ankles.
2. Donkey Kick:
Donkey kick is the right exercise for any saggy part of your body that has been there for a while and has proven tough to get rid of. It is one great exercise that is easy to perform and works to get rid of saddlebags fast.
N.B: This exercise should be performed on a yoga mat to avoid excessive strain on the knees.
- Get down on all fours, maintaining a straight back.
- Starting with the left leg: keep it bent while you extend it backward.
- The target is to have your foot parallel to the ceiling.
- Hold in position and count to ten before bringing it back to initial position.
- Repeat with the right leg for about 15 times before performing with an equal number of times with the other leg.
This method of exercise ensures that visible results are achieved when proper posture is maintained. Always take your time when increasing the stretching capacity to avoid muscle tear. Don’t overstretch.
3. Hip Dip on Side Plank:
This involves side planks combined with hip dips. To improve on the saddlebags, the simple but not-too-easy for-beginners exercise helps a lot.
- Lie on your side. Taking support of the elbow (keeping the hips on the floor), raise your upper body at about 30 degrees off the floor.
- Now slowly, with the support of the elbow and feet, lift the hips off the floor.
- Make sure the entire body is in line at 30 degrees.
- Hold for 5 seconds before bringing the hips down. Repeat.
Perform the routine on the other side as well. Do this regime for 4-6 weeks regularly and change will be evident. This also strengthens the limbs and tones thigh muscles.
4. Jump Squats
One of the advantages of jump squats is that it helps burn calories and tones lower body simultaneously.
- Start with a squat position with the upper body bent a little at the front and hands straight at the side, angled towards the back.
- Now with full force, jump with the aim of touching the ceiling with the hands high up.
- Land back – maintaining the squat position.
- Do at least 30 such jumps to start with. Increase the number and pace after 2-3 weeks.
As stated earlier, this method is not totally safe for those with major back issues. To avoid any health damage, special care should be given to the initial and final position while performing. Since the heart rate increases with jumping, it can be a good cardio work out too.
5. Step Ups
Here is one of the most common methods of all times to put lower parts of the body back in shape. Through this method of exercise, knees, thigh, and butts are benefitted along with a direct attack on saddlebags.
- Look for a heavy stool or block of such height that when you keep a foot on it, the calf and thigh is perpendicular.
- To begin, stand with your back straight with both feet on the floor.
- Carefully take a step up with your right foot and join the other one, standing tall on the block.
- Now, put your right foot down first; left follows, bringing you back to initial position.
Repeat the series at least -30 times. Variations can be added once the routine is continued for at least 2 weeks. Make sure of wearing shoes to prevent injury on the toes while performing the exercise.
6. Superman Posture:
I guess this should be familiar. Superman posture is a perfect exercise to tone your lower body and strengthen the shoulder simultaneously. One advantage of this posture is that abdomen toning occurs naturally as you lie on the tummy.
- On a yoga mat lie flat on your belly with hands raised straight over your head.
- Make sure that knees are not bent and the toes are pointed.
- Now at the count of three, take a deep breath in and lift your hands and legs simultaneously, maintaining the straightness.
- Hold this pose and count to ten. Now breathe out and return to the normal lying position.
Note: counting to 10 might be difficult at the early stage. It is advisable to start with 5 and increase the count with time. You can also increase the level of difficulty with more challenging variations once you get your basic Superman pose right.
7. Sumo Squats:
This exercise major on the butt and thighs. Knee and ankle joints are also strengthened in the process. It is however not a good idea for those with major back issues.
- Stand straight with legs shoulder-length apart, toes slight outward and back straight.
- Bend knees and ankles until they are in a straight line, parallel to the ground.
- Try making a 90 degree on the insides of the knees with your thighs and calf.
- Hold the position for 5- seconds before standing back. This completes a single round.
- Minimum 20 rounds need to be performed to make a routine. And three routines should be done with a -3-minute gap.
Sumo squats are effective for those looking for a lower body exercise. It is a complete package for shapely legs and butt. With this exercise, issues such as chronic leg pain and knee joint problems vanish in no time.
8. Booty Kick:
Saddlebags are but a few exercises away from getting back into fitness. Booty kicks aim at butt shaping and fat reduction at the lower abdomen.
- With hands on your hips, stand with your feet shoulder length apart.
- Balancing with all the strength on the left leg, kick the right leg back without bending your knees.
- The target is to stretch the leg backward as much as you can without bending too much at front.
- Now bring the leg back to the start position, but without touching the ground, hit backward again.
- Repeat at least 10-15 times before switching the leg. This will complete one set.
Minimum 4 sets need to be completed at 2 minutes interval. Increase the numbers with time.
As these exercises are delicate to the region of the lower body, it should be carefully done to avoid injuries. This is achieved by starting with the exercises that are basic and then moving to more challenging ones.
Do not forget that what you eat also contributes immensely to keeping a healthy body and to get rid of saddlebags.
Consistency is very important when it comes to working out and getting results. Therefore, ensure you remain consistent and eat right. Therefore it is essential to these exercises with a healthy diet plan.
Which of the exercises for saddlebags fat you are going to try first? Let’s know in the comment section below.