Why buy face masks when you can have your face mask recipes? Our skin is susceptible and if exposed to harmful chemicals is always a great risk. These remedies are effective, easy to make, inexpensive and miracle act compared to expensive cosmetics that have several side effects.
Our favorite supplier of essential oils is Plant Therapy. They offer 100% pure oils, free of additives and adulterants. They offer free shipping and free returns for up to 90 days.
You can browse their extensive collection of essential oils, including all of the oils mentioned in this article, on their Official Page on Amazon.
In fact, these face mask recipes will get your face glowing in no time and revamp your melanin-like the skin of a newborn baby, soft, radiant and lovely.
8 Homemade Face Mask Recipes
1. Aloe Vera Facial mask
- 1 leaf of Aloe Vera
- 2 tablespoon of curd
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Anyone who has to fight with pimples and impure skin must not only pay attention to strict hygiene but also to give the regular skin care.
Remove a leaf from the Aloe Vera, cut the blade lengthwise and the jelly-like content is scraped out with a knife. Together with a tablespoon of curd and a teaspoon of honey, the aloe vera is poured into a thick paste in a small bowl and uses it with a cotton wool.
- Apply this mask to the face.
- After about 10 minutes, the face mask can be rinsed with lukewarm water.
The Aloe Vera moisturizes the skin; it heals the inflammation and dries the pimples out. It also prevents scarring. This face mask recipe with Aloe Vera can be applied once or twice a week. This is one of the best DIY face mask recipes which you can make at home.
2. Tea Tree Oil Face Mask with Honey
Did you know that up to today, scientists have not been able to record the nutritional profile of honey thoroughly? It contains so many enzymes and other components that make it a miracle healer for all sorts of health issues, including skin disorders like acne.
Honey is highly antimicrobial and hydrating and combined with tea tree oil, it makes a potent anti-acne treatment. Honey also has skin-lightening properties, which will help lighten acne scars, as well.
- 1 tbsp of Organic Honey
- 1 – 2 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- In a small bowl gather 1 tbsp of honey and pour in 1 – 2 drops of tea tree oil and mix them thoroughly with a small spoon.
- Then, using the back of the spoon, apply this mask to your cleansed skin and allow it to rest undisturbed for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Now if you are a first time user of honey, be warned honey can get feel itchy on your skin as it is sticky – but not to worry!
- Just massage the area that itching you and try to keep the mask on for the full 10 – 15 minutes. It will be worth it, promise!
Note: Don’t use more tea tree oil than is recommended. Remember, less is more. Too much tea tree oil can burn your skin. Always dilute essential oils with other oils/ingredients before application.
3. Coconut Oil and Lavender Mask
This is one of the face mask recipes that will leave your skin feeling silky smooth. Coconut oil is an amazing natural moisturizer. It’s also antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal which will help keep pimples at bay.
- One tablespoon of pure (not light) coconut milk
- One tablespoon oat flour (or enough to make a soft paste)
- Three drops of lavender essential oil
- Stir all the ingredients together.
- Start by gently cleansing and patting the face dry, then apply.
- Leave the mask on for 10 minutes, letting your skin drink in some serious coconut milk moisture. Oat and lavender both act to calm and soothe.
- Rinse with cool water and put on your facial moisturizer.
- Remember, for all coconut face masks, make sure your milk or oil is at room temperature before preparing.
4. Best Homemade Mask for Scar
Aloe Vera is moisturizing and soothing compounds, so it can help to soften the inflammation and increase the skin’s elasticity. It also contributes to remove dead skin quickly with an anti-inflammatory property, mitigate swelling, help repair damaged skin and improve the growth of new skin.
If you are looking for an effective natural homemade face mask recipes for scars, then aloe vera is a good idea for you. Following the home-made face mask which will surely work on the scars.++
- A cup of cooked oats
- ½ lemon
- One teaspoon honey
- Take a cup of cooked oats and add the juice of half a lemon and one teaspoon of honey, mix it well until it becomes a thick paste.
- Massage your skin with this mixture and let stand for half an hour.
- Wash with warm water afterward.
- Repeat the same process once or twice a week.
If you use the best DIY face mask, you will surely get the result in your skin.
5. Green Tea, Rice Flour And Lemon Juice Mask For Oily Skin
Rice flour is a natural ingredient that is helpful in treating blemishes, pigmentation and dark spots. Due to its exfoliating properties, it helps in absorbing the excess oil and sebum from the face. Regular use of rice flour in the face mask recipes helps in imparting a natural glow to your skin and makes it healthy.
- Brew some green tea and allow it to cool.
- Mix well three tablespoons of cool green tea solution with 3-4 tablespoons of rice flour.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon juice to it to form a smooth and spreadable paste, but not runny.
- Mix more tea if the paste is too thick.
- Wash your face with your regular cleanser and dry your face gently with a clean soft towel.
- Apply the pack over your face and keep it there for about 20 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
- Rinse the pack off your face with lots of water, rubbing the pack to exfoliate your skin.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer.
6. Yogurt Egg White Face Mask for Combination Skin
This is one of the easiest of face mask recipes. In this face mask for combination skin, you only need two ingredients: Probiotic yogurt and egg white.
Egg white is good for tightening large pores and controlling oil production. Yogurt is a superfood which fights acne, controls oil and hydrates dry skin. Let’s look at in-depth benefits of these three ingredients for combination skin:
Yogurt– Superfood that nourishes, softens, conditions and moisturizes skin. It helps fade skin discolorations and lightens skin tone and blemishes. Fights off acne-causing bacteria and germs in skin pores and surface. Hydrates dry peeling skin.
Egg White– Tightens large skin pores. Lifts up face and tightens sagging skin. Has oil control action and is effective against oily skin.
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- One egg white
- Combine the ingredients thoroughly in a small mixing bowl.
- Slather the mixture onto your face, avoiding the eye and mouth area. Sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the face mask has completely dried up, rinse off with warm water first then cool water to cool off pores. Pat dry.
- Do facial steaming beforehand to open up skin pores. This will allow the face mask nutrients to penetrate deep and work their magic.
- Always use plain, unsweetened, unflavored probiotic yogurt on your skin to prevent skin irritations and allergies.
- Apply the egg white face mask over your kitchen or bathroom sink to prevent a drippy mess on the floor.
7. Green Tea, Oats And Egg Face Mask
(i) Tear open 3 green tea bags into a glass bowl. Throw away the bags and tags. Take a small amount of moisturizer and add to the green tea in the bowl.
(ii) Mix in some granulated sugar or sea salt with the mixture. These will help to exfoliate your face. Also, add two egg yolks.
(iii) Add in a small amount of water and a little quantity of rolled oats. Mix well all the ingredients together. If required, mix in more water or oats to get a paste of desired consistency.
(iv) Remove your makeup and wash your face with a little hot water to open your skin pores. Test the water before washing to avoid burning your face.
(v) Apply the mask using your fingertips. Let it dry out. Wash your face with water and then apply your favorite moisturizer.
8. Green Tea And Honey Face Mask
If you suffer from fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet or dark spots, the honey green tea face mask is just for you. This green tea pack will add a glow to your face and at the same time moisturize it too.
(i) Cut open a green tea bag, moisten the green tea leaves and mix well with organic honey to make a smooth consistency paste. Apply this pack all over your face, leaving it there for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. This mask is full of antioxidants, so ideal for clearing redness and preventing blackheads. This mask works well for spot treatment as well.
(ii) Another method is to mix thoroughly two teaspoons of organic honey with 1-2 teaspoons of brewed green tea water (cooled) to get green tea and honey solution. Soak clean cotton balls into the solution and apply onto your face, leaving it there for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water. Use this mask twice a week to lessen the signs of aging.
With these face mask recipes, you can benefit a lot. You’ll save money, help the environment and avoid exposing your skin to hundreds of toxins found in commercial skin care products.
Where To Buy Essential Oils
As previously discussed, it is important to choose 100% pure essential oils, free of adulterants and additives. It is also advisable to opt for certified organic essential oils.
Did you ever think that back pain relief could be this comfortable? Let us know if you have used any other essential oil that is not on this list. Drop a comment in the comment section.