Ab Workouts for Women- Most women dream of getting sexy flat abs and strong core muscles. Most people have packed a lot of calories in this season, and with the holidays coming to an end, it’s time to start getting back into shape.
You might have read a lot of articles and posts on how to tone your midsection. However, you must be aware that not all workouts are suitable for your body.
You must adopt a highly effective and efficient workout routine that can help you tone your abs and burn a lot of belly fat.
To help you achieve this, we have compiled ten best ab workouts for women to help you tone your stomach. These exercises work your obliques, lower abs, and upper abs. Follow this exercise routine and the directions religiously to get six-pack abs and strong core muscles.
- How To Lose Lower Belly Fat: 15-Minutes Lower Belly Pooch Workouts
- 8 Best Exercises to Burn Upper Belly Fat
10 Ab Workouts For Women At Home
Truthfully, you cannot get your desired six-pack abs without working your ab muscles. With these ten ab workouts for women, you can burn fat and sculpt your abs in one go and in no time.
Sit-ups are like crunches in that they work your rectus abdominus and external obliques. This move is an ideal way to achieve six-packs in a woman. Find the instruction on how to perform the step below:
How To Do Sit-Ups:
- On an exercise mat, lie down on your back and flex your knees at a 90-degree angle while keeping your feet flat on the mat
- Then, cross your hand over your chest such that your palms are placed lightly on opposite shoulders
- With your feet still flat on the ground, keep your abdomen engaged
- Now, lift your head first and your shoulder next
- Hold this position for a second, before slowly moving back to the start position
- That is one rep; do two or three sets of 10 reps.
As an alternative, leave your palms on your thighs and your arms straight to make this move. Then, allow your palms slide up to your knees as you go up and slide down while returning to start position.
2. Hanging Ab Curl
Hanging Ab Curl is a fun way to sculpt your abs. This move works on your lower ab muscles, your inner abs, and transverse abs. You can also use two stable chairs instead of a pull-up bar to do this exercise.
How To Do The Hanging Ab Curl:
- Grasp a pull-up bar and while ensuring your legs are straight, allow them to dangle
- Exhale and then bend your knees and pull your leg towards your chest
- Then, inhale and slowly lower your legs, bringing them to start position
- Perform two sets of 10 reps.
3. Opposite Arm and Leg Raise
This move is one of the best and easiest ab workout move that women can do at home. The opposite arm and leg raise can even be used as a warm-up routine for your daily workout move.
It is perfect for making you feel balanced and to help you last longer during your workout session. The best part is that you do not need any equipment to perform this routine.
How To Do Opposite Arm and Leg Raise:
- Start by getting on all fours on an exercise mat, ensure your knees are directly under your hips and your hands under your shoulders
- Now, lift your left arm to your shoulder height and bring your right leg to your hip height simultaneously
- Stay in this position for 2-3 seconds before returning to start position
- Repeat the move on the other side with your right arm and your left arm
- This completes one rep, do 15-20 reps for the best result.
The superwomen move effectively and extremely fun! It tones your hip flexors, upper abs, lower abs, quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings. Keep reading for instructions on how to do the move.
How To Do Superwoman:
- Lie down on an exercise mat with your face down, your legs extended, and your toes pointing out
- Ensure that your palms are face down with your legs still extended
- Now, lift your legs and hands as if you are flying
- Stay in this pose for 5 seconds and release to go back to start position
- Do two sets of 10 reps for optimal calorie burn.
5. The Cobra
The cobra move is one of the easiest ab workouts for women. It helps to stretch abdominal muscles while strengthening your lower back. You do not need any equipment to perform this move.
How To Do the Cobra Move:
- To start, lie down on the floor with your face down and your palms placed near your chest
- Then, lift your head, shoulder, and chest off the floor while pulling on your shoulder blades at the same time
- Stay in this position for 2-3 seconds, then go back to the starting position
- Do 8-10 reps more.
Next on our list of best ab workouts for women is the classic plank move. This move strengthens your core, improves your posture, and reduces back pain.
It also works on the rectus abdominis, transverse abdominis, back, and hip muscles, internal and external obliques, and reduces stomach bulge.
How To Do Plank:
- Kneel on the floor or an exercise mat with your palms in front of you and arms straight
- Now, bend and place your forearms on the mat
- Straighten your legs behind, keeping them straight, and your toes flexed
- Stay in this pose for 20 seconds or more until you can feel your shoulders, core, and quads burn
- Release the pose to complete one rep
- Do three more reps.
Also, you can attempt a side plank. This is done by lying down on your side and then raising your body by supporting it with your forearm and feet.
7. The Climb Up
This move will work your ab muscles and help you get the flat and sexy abs you desire with the added benefit of strong core muscles. To perform this move, you will need a towel or scarf.
How To Do The Climb Up:
- Start by lying with your back on the ground with a 3-foot-long towel wrapped around the ball of your right foot
- Keep your knees bent and your left foot off the floor
- Then, use both hands to hold the towel and extend your right leg while ensuring your foot is flexed
- With care, move your hand up the towel and simultaneously lift your head and shoulders off the floor
- Stay in this pose for two seconds before bringing yourself back to start position by slowly moving your hands down the towel
- Perform the move on your second side with your left leg
- Do two sets of 8-10 reps of this move on both sides.
8. Lying Leg Raise
Lying leg raise is a bit tough to pull off. This is notably worse for those who are overweight in their lower body region. This move is one of the recommended ab workouts for women who are willing to lose weight from their belly region and sculpt their abs.
How To Do The Lying Leg Raise:
- Lie down on an exercise mat and place your hands on either side with your palms facing down
- Now, point out your toes and raise both legs until they are at a 90-degree angle with the floor
- Slowly bring your legs to the floor and bring them back to start position
- Do 2-3 sets of 10 reps.
You can also try the alternate leg raise move, which helps to strengthen and shape your inner thighs.
9. Abdominal Hold
The abdominal hold is an easy exercise, even though it looks tough. This is one of the ab workouts for women move that helps to tone your abs and with daily practice, can give you the six-packs you want. You will need a chair to pull this off.
How To Do The Abdominal Hold:
- Start by sitting upright on the edge of a chair, make sure the chair is sturdy
- Place your hands on the edge of the chair with your fingers pointing towards your knees
- Now, tighten your abs and ensure your feet are about three inches off the floor
- Then, lift your butt off the chair
- Stay in this position for as long as you can; preferably from five to ten minutes
- Lower yourself back to the starting point and repeat this move
- Repeat this move for about 1-2 minutes every day.
Crunches are one of the most effective ab workouts for women, hence their popularity. This move works in the mid-section of your abdominal area, also called the rectus abdominis muscle.
It is a great exercise to start your ab workout session and to strengthen your core.
How To Do Crunches:
- On an exercise mat, lie down on your back and flex your back while keeping your feet flat on the ground
- Then, place your hands on either side of your head to support its weight without pulling on it
- Curl up at a 30-degree angle and exhale
- Taking a deep breath, return to starting position
- Do two-three sets of 10 reps.
There goes our selection of the best ten ab workouts for women that can help you achieve your desired six-packs ab.
With these moves, you will look toned and fit with your core strength increasing. They are easy and can be performed at home, and if followed religiously, you are sure to get a flat, sexy ab, and waistline.