Apple cider vinegar drink, also called ACV is a popular weight loss drink. Apart from the potency of ACV to effect weight loss, it is a useful home remedy for several health conditions.
The ACV solution is used to treat everything from a sore throat to varicose veins. This type of vinegar, unlike the commonly used white vinegar, has numerous ways of benefiting your health. (1)
ACV contains apple juice majorly. The addition of some other ingredients aids the fermentation process to give you your acidic vinegar. You can use your ACV to cook, bake, dress a salad, and even as a preservative. Vinegar is used in cooking, baking, salad dressings, and as a preservative.
As you can see, this detox drink has more benefits than what you could ever imagine. It is a must-have for your home. Most people purchase their apple cider vinegar drink in stores. But I am not an advocate of processed ACV, so, I make mine at home.
It is straightforward to make and guess what? You get your 100% undiluted apple weight loss drink when you make it yourself. It also costs you less.
Here is a list of ingredients and procedures you’ll need to use to get your DIY apple cider vinegar drink.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink Recipe For Fat Burning
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss and Benefits
- 13 Weight Loss Tricks To Lose Weight Fast
How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar Drink at Home
For those who purchase processed apple vinegar in stores or online, you might probably think it could be quite impossible to make yours at home. With the well-decorated bottles and beautifully designed wrappers, it may seem like something you cannot make in your home. NO, that’s not true.
Apple cider vinegar is very straightforward to make at home. And the truth is that homemade ACV solutions are of more quality than the ones you buy. Do you know why? It is original and undiluted.
And also, you can make your vinegar in small quantities that will serve you for some time till you make another. However, some jars of ACV you buy have been on store shelves for as long as you don’t even know.
Ingredients needed to make your apple weight loss vinegar are cheap and easy to get. So, don’t think scarce ingredients will hold you back. There is no restriction to the time of the year you can make your ACV.
All through the year, your recipes are readily available. While the fermentation process of this detox drink is faster during hot weather, it doesn’t mean you can not make your ACV in cold weather. It’ll just take more time for fermentation to take place.
Now, let’s have a look at the necessary ingredients and procedures that will make you have your weight loss drink done effortlessly at home. I also chipped in some of the processes that your body undergoes when you consume ACV to lose weight.
What you’ll need:
- Two glass jars: the quantity of the apple cider vinegar drink you want to make will determine the size of the jar you’ll use.
- Organic apples or apple scraps: Some people make their ACV drinks using apple scraps. You could use apple peels and cores for ACV especially when you need your apple pulp to make applesauce or pie. You need apples that are enough to fill your jar 3/4 of the way full.
- Sugar: you’ll need a tablespoon of sugar for each cup of water you’ll use.
- Cheesecloth or coffee filter: You’ll use this to filter the apple cider vinegar drink from the apple pieces after fermentation.
- Rubber-band: to hold the cheesecloth in place.
- A plate or weight to use to keep the apples from floating and the jar covered
Steps to Follow for DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Clean the glass jar you want to use. Sterilize this jar and ensure it is completely dry.
Wash 10 organically grown apples thoroughly
Cut the apples into quarters using a kitchen knife
Allow the apples to rest at room temperature until they turn brown. Then put the brown apples into the sterilized glass jar.
Add one tablespoon of sugar to a cup of water. Mix the sugar with the water until it is completely dissolved.
Pour the water-sugar solution over the apples. You’ll need enough water to cover the apples. If your first cup of water and sugar isn’t enough, continually mix a tablespoon of sugar in each glass of water you add.
Cover the jar with cheesecloth. Allow it to rest lightly on top, without securing. This will let more oxygen into the mixture.
Place the covered jar in a warm, dark place. The perfect location in your house could be your pantry, a hot water closet works, an attic, or a well house. The glass will have stay there for 2 to 3 weeks.
You will have to stir the liquid periodically, using a spoon made out of wood or plastic that was formerly cleaned. It is not recommended using metal tools as they may contaminate your vinegar.
After 3 weeks, retrieve the jar after fermentation has taken place. There will be a layer of scum or bubbles on top of the liquid. This forms from normal bacteria as alcohol turns to vinegar.
Filter the liquid slowly into another wide-mouth glass jar. You have to get rid of all apple pieces till the liquid is clean.
Cover it again, with a piece of paper or the cheesecloth, and leave it in a warm and dark place for 4 to 6 more weeks. From the 4th week, you can taste the vinegar to confirm its acidity. The more you leave it, the more the acidity increases.
When you are satisfied with the taste, transfer your fully-fermented Apple Cider Vinegar into a bottle with a lid. You can store in the refrigerator to preserve freshness.
How Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Works for Weight Loss
The principal content of the ACV drink that works for weight loss is acetic acid. Acetic acid is a fatty acid that dissolves into acetate and hydrogen in the body. According to researchers, the acetic acid contributes to weight loss in numerous ways.
First, it lowers blood sugar levels. Acetic acid improves the ability of the liver and muscles to take up sugar from the blood. And as you know, a high level of sugar in the blood makes you gain more weight.
With apple cider vinegar, your organs absorb so much of the sugar away from your blood. The acetic acid content in the weight loss drink also decreases insulin levels, and this favors fat burning.
The regular use of apple cider vinegar leads to a significant multiplication of fat-burning genes in the body. And as a result of this, there is a reduction in the rate of fat build-up in the body.
Finally, ACV keeps you from overeating. This is because it suppresses your appetite making you full all day long. This will also reduce the number of calories you take in daily.
Apple cider vinegar does work for weight loss. But, you have to be careful in the making process and also in your consumption. Below are a few precautions you should take with your apple vinegar.
- Do not put your Apple Cider Vinegar in metal containers. This is because it contains high acid that will corrode the metal. It is desirable to use glass containers.
- Do not leave your ACV drink open in the process of making to keep away dust and germs.
- Make sure your glass jars are properly sterilized and free of germs.
- The consumption of too much ACV drink can cause hypokalemia. This means that your body is low in potassium, and this can lead to osteoporosis. It may also affect bone health by reducing bone density. People suffering from osteoporosis are advised to stay away from ACV.
- Always mix ACV with water before consumption. It has a high acidic content and combining it with other liquids could cause damage to the enamel on your teeth.
- The quantity of ACV you should use varies from person to person. Consult your doctor or dietitian to see what works for you.
- If you consume the undiluted vinegar, it can upset stomach, nausea, indigestion, and heartburn.
Do you see? It isn’t a complicated process, is it? Choosing your homemade apple cider vinegar drink over the processed versions will save you a lot of money. Plus, you get the best natural, undiluted quality of your vinegar?
What are you waiting for? Get your glass jars ready now and stuff them with your chopped apples. And voila! In a few months, your weight loss drink is ready. I would advise that you start the process of making a new one when you’re running out of some.