You do not like your nose? Your eyes? Your lips? The acne on your face? You may not love everything on your face but that should not stop you from looking pretty all the time.
There are beauty hacks to make all your beauty short-comings turn into a real beauty.
There is nothing that makes a girl happier and more confident than looking in the mirror and falling in love.
No matter the compliments she receives in a day, if she did not hear those beautiful words from her own inner voice, those words coming from outsiders will never be enough.
If you are the girl that keeps looking down on herself because you think every other girl in the block is prettier than you, read this article to the end and find out 22 genius beauty hacks that will change your life.
You will be more than grateful and so proud of yourself, when you discover a few months from now, how these beauty hacks worked for you.
With these beauty hacks, no office will be too big for you to walk into and nobody will be too fine for you to walk up to them and speak your mind freely. Even if you are very beautiful and you want a little more with less stress, you will find these hacks helpful as well.
You will learn from these hacks how to save costs by getting more from what you already have at your disposal. Are you willing to become the most beautiful girl you could possibly be? Yes? Then let us get started!
Read Also: 8 Comfy Products That Help Make Wearing High Heels Actually Bearable
#1 Beauty Hack – Make your hair look as pretty as ever!
Ever heard the statement, the beauty of a woman is her hair? Yes, your hair certainly adds a great deal to your overall beauty and appearance. The following hacks will help you make your hair look as pretty as ever:
- Make some braids and press your hair straightener on them. When you loosen the braids, you will have long-lasting waves. So pretty!
- Then if you need your blowout to last longer than a day, just before bedtime, wrap your hair around your hand to create a looped bun. Use bobby pins to secure it and go to sleep. When you wake up, loosen the bun and you are good to go.
- And if your hair is too dirty and you are sure there is no way you can get it washed in the morning; apply baby powder on your hair roots before bedtime. It will soak up all the grease in your hair and the white color will wear off before morning. You are set for the day!
- So you were able to get your hair washed but you do not have the energy to blow it dry, just twist it into a bun, secure it with bobby pins and go about your day. When the hair is dry, loosen the pins, untwist the hair and move on.
- Now a simple hack to curl your hair: tie your hair in a loose braid before bedtime for mermaid waves in the morning. If your hair is thin, you do not need to tie it, just make the loose braids and you will have beautiful soft curls by morning.
#2 Beauty Hack – Feed your hair so it will be healthy!
Who said your hair does not need food? The food you eat for your general well being is not enough for your hair. It needs its own food. And what better food can you give your hair other than the magnificent coconut oil.
The next time you want to wash your hair, first massage the scalp with coconut oil and leave it for three minutes. All the ironing and curling can damage your hair but this coconut oil hack will leave your hair healthier and shiny.
#3 Beauty Hack – Amplify your mascara to create the most beautiful eyes!
We have all had our share of the disappointment from the mascara not making our eyes look as black and full as we want and as shiny. Well, here is the way out:
- Apply one coat of mascara on your lashes. Dap the cotton swab of the mascara in baby powder and apply it on your lashes. Now apply a second coat of mascara on the lashes. How do you see it? Beautiful right? I know!
- Another trick is to sweep your mascara towards your nose. Your lashes will appear fuller and your eyes bigger more than when you sweep the mascara upwards.
- To prevent your mascara from staining your upper eyelids, place the circular path of a spoon on your eyelid while applying the mascara. Any excess mascara stains the spoon and not the eyelids. You are welcome!
More beauty hacks for pretty eyes…
- Usually when you wake in the morning or after long hours of sleep during the day; your eyes will appear red and bloated. Apply a white shadow or white eye pencil at the corner of your eye and directly under the eyebrow. This will give your eyes a clearer and more beautiful look.
- If you are having trouble applying eyelash glue, try putting the glue on a bobby pin. Then apply the glue on the eyelash using the tip of the bobby pin. You can thank me later!
- Are you having difficulty with your eyeliner? Too peppery for you to leave your eyes open during application? Make it more fun by turning the eyeliner pencil into the gel. Simply place the tip over a flame for a second. Let it cool for 15 seconds and then apply.
#4 Beauty Hack – Use Vaseline to create the perfect shape for your eyebrow.
One good way to have the most perfect look is by shaping your eyebrows to look superb. Apply Vaseline on your eyebrows and then brush them with a brow brush. You will be amazed at your new look.
#5 Beauty Hack – Make your eye shadow more elegant!
This is a beauty hack that you can use to make your eye shadow color pop and have more elegant eyes. Apply a white eyeliner over your eyelid and then put on your favorite eye shadow. How do you see it?
#6 Beauty Hack – Bid those dark circles goodbye
Nobody loves dark circles and truth be told, they make you look older. Annoyingly, they prove stubborn to get rid of. Well, today is your lucky day because these beauty hacks will send those dark circles away:
- Mix dry coffee powder with honey and warm water. Apply it on those dark circles and let it sit for 15 minutes before you wash it off. Repeat this daily till you cannot find the dark circles any longer.
- Another trick is to place two spoons in the freezer and leave them for five minutes. Then you gently place them on the dark circles for as long as you can. Do this daily till you see positive outcomes.
#7 Beauty Hack – Get rid of those ugly blackheads
Having blackheads on the nose is totally unacceptable. So use these hacks to get rid of them:
- You can use a food wrap. Simply cut the size that will cover your nose properly and place it on your nose. Press it in and leave it for 15 minutes then pull it out. All clear!
- You could also apply egg white on paper towels and place them on your nose. Leave it for five minutes and then remove them.
#8 Beauty Hack – Create the lips you have always wanted!
Sometimes your lipstick does not last as long as you want them to. Some other times, your lips are so cracked that no lip color seems to fit. Check out these beauty hacks on how to create the pretty lips you love:
- Use your dry toothbrush to mildly peel your lips and then put on some lip balm. You can now apply your lipstick.
- Another trick is to use a mix of lemon juice, coconut oil and sugar to peel the lips till they are smooth (hmm…tasty). Wear a lip balm and then the lipstick.
- Try using tapes to get rid of dry lip flakes. Simply wrap the tape around the tip of your forefinger, with the sticky side facing out. Now press your lips with it until all the flakes stick to the tape. Then apply a lip balm and your lips are ready for the lipstick.
- Another trick is to hold a tissue over your lips after you have applied lipstick. Then dust the tissue with translucent powder, leave for few seconds and remove it. This will make your lipstick last longer.
- And if you are applying lip gloss and want it to last longer, add some peppermint oil in your lip gloss. This will also produce a shinier and softer look.
- There is more! Using pale frosted eye shadow to stamp your lips after applying your lip color will give you a fuller, 3D, plump lips.
- You can also use your lip liner to draw an X on your upper lip. Using the X as a guide to applying your lipstick will give you a perfect pout.
#9 Beauty Hack – Keep your teeth sparkling!
Yes, your teeth can look whiter and shine more. You can also prevent that lipstick from staining your teeth. These beauty hacks will give you the answers you need:
- When applying your lipstick or after applying the lipstick, put your index finger in your mouth and tighten your lips.
- Pull out your finger and find all the excess lipstick on it. You can then laugh as loud as you want when you are out. No stain at all will be on your teeth.
- Now to whiten your teeth when you have spare time at home, take a piece of the inside of a banana peel and rub on your teeth for two minutes
- Your teeth will absorb the potassium, magnesium, and manganese inside the peels to become whiter and shiny.
#10 Beauty Hack – Keep the germs out of your face
If you are used to bathing with hot water all the time, you need to make a little adjustment for your face. I recommend that you wash your face with cold water once daily.
While hot water opens the pores on your face, exposing them to germs and bacteria; cold water can help you prevent that.
#11 Beauty Hack – Contouring made easy!
If you have difficulty making the perfect contour on your face, here is a beauty hack that you can use to get the prettiest look: use a dark-colored gel eyebrow pencil to mark out areas to contour.
Now smudge it and blend it for perfect contouring. Apply an all-over cream highlighter on the cheekbones, forehead center and Cupid’s bow for finishing.
#12 Beauty Hack – Give your underarm an appealing look
Having trouble keeping your underarm light and nice? These hacks can rescue you:
- Use lemon – Cut a medium-sized lemon into equal halves. Rub the lemon slices on your underarms and leave it for 5 minutes, then rinse it off. Do this for 15 days to see positive results.
- Combine lemon juice with baking soda – Make a paste with lemon juice and baking soda. Apply it on your underarms and leave it for 5 minutes before rinsing it off. Repeat this four times in a week until your underarm becomes light.
- You can also use milk. Applying milk on your underarms daily and leaving it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off can help lighten your underarms
Pick the option that suits you best and follow the instructions. Give your underarms 15 days tops and you can wear your favorite sleeveless tops out. You will be able to raise your arms in public without hesitation. Cheers!
#13 Beauty Hack – Deal with nail polish trouble!
You can produce your nail polish remover yourself when you are out of supply and it is important that you clean your nails. You can also remove it through other means. See the following beauty hacks to find out how:
- Mix lemon juice and vinegar and you have produced a perfect nail polish remover. Use it to clean your painted nails. You have worn that color for too long anyway.
- And if it is a glitter nail polish, there is also an easy hack out. Next time you want to paint your nails, do not use a base coat but a white glue; preferably Elmer’s. Then add on the coats of the glitter polish. When the time comes to remove the polish; it will peel off. Just like that!
#14 Beauty Hack – Your nail polish can turn out better
Bored of the usual nail polish style? Try this beauty hack to make it look more interesting:
- Get some patches.
- Paint your nails with the color of the nail polish you want
- Now cut out the hollow part of the patches without wadding and stick them to your nails.
- Next, you coat them lightly with a different color
- Wait till they are dry and remove the patches. Beautiful!
- And to make your nail color stand out more, use a coat of white nail polish rather than a base coat. So pretty! Plus your nails are safe from being stained by colored polishes.
#15 Beauty Hack – Smell nice the whole day!
Worried that your fragrance wears off early in the day? The following beauty hacks will help:
- Apply your perfume immediately after the shower. The idea is that the humidity of your body at that moment will help absorb the perfume and cause the fragrance to stay longer.
- After you are all dressed up, rather than spray the perfume all over your clothes (this will wear off fast); apply the perfume to your pulse points. Your pulse points are: behind your ear, the base of your throat, inside your elbow, inside your wrists, and behind your knees.
#16 Beauty Hack – You cannot leave those feet cracked
You can smoothen your cracked heels and walk confidently again in any footwear. These beauty hacks can help you with that:
- Apply a healing foot oil or lotion and wear socks before sleeping off at night. While you are dreaming, the lotion will be working to give you soft, smooth and sandal-ready feet by morning.
- Try dipping your feet into a bucket of warm water mixed with raw stone salt, lemon juice, glycerin, and rose water. Leave it for 15 minutes and then scrub off the flaked skin with a pumice stone. How does it look?
- If you really want to keep the cracked skin off then regularly massage your feet with olive oil or almond oil or the fruit foot pack (fruit foot pack is a combination of coconut oil, avocado, and banana in a thick paste).
- Producing a natural exfoliating scrub that will be readily available for your feet is also a great choice. Simply mix honey, apple cider vinegar, and coarse rice flour powder into a coarse paste and store. Whenever you want to use it, first soak your feet in a bucket of warm water for 20 minutes.
So pick from the list above the option that works best for you and do what it says. After a while, you should be able to visit any places you want to without your feet stopping you. You will do well to avoid tight footwears to prevent the recurrence of cracked feet.
#17 Beauty Hack – Do not underestimate the power of Green Tea
Green tea is one beauty hack that you can employ to have a prettier look. Using green tea on your face will help you get rid of redness, swollen face and dark circles.
To do this, rub used green tea bags on your face whenever you are at home and get set for numerous compliments when you step out.
#18 Beauty Hack – Almond Oil for beauty
I love this beauty hack a lot. I mean, who would have taught that almond oil can serve as make-up remover? It works very well. So you can just dab cotton pads in almond oil and wipe off your make-up with them.
Plus, almond oil is a great fighter against pimples. Using the almond oil on your face is like using a stone to kill two birds.
#19 Beauty Hack – Clean up your make-up brushes
After using our make-up brushes for a while, they become stained with different make-up colors that we cannot use them without spoiling our make-up.
The easy solution to this problem is washing the brushes with a mixture of anti-bacterial soap and hair conditioners. Let them dry and you will have your make-up brushes clean and ready for more work.
#20 Beauty Hack – Your make-ups are not finished yet, why discard the containers?
Do not be in a hurry to discard your make-up containers. Yes, you can remoisturize your mascara and you can get more from your tubed make-ups. Follow this beauty hacks to get more out of your make-up containers:
- Add a few drops of saline solution or contact lens fluid or eye drops into your mascara bottle and shake. Heat it up for 30 seconds and it will be as good as new.
- For your mineral make-up, use a penny to remove the bottom of the container and you will find there is more make-up underneath that container for that you can use.
- And just when you think make-ups in the tubes are finished, just cut the tubes into two and scoop the make-up into pots. Save your money for the meantime and use what you have.
#21 Beauty hack – Get a smoother skin
Are you feeling roughness on any part of your skin? This beauty hack has come to your remedy.
Take a spoon of Vaseline and mix it with egg white. Whisk the mix until the ingredients are well combined. Then use it to message your rough skin. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wipe it with paper towels! And you have your skin back, smooth, soft and shiny!
#22 Beauty Hack – Look expensive!
There is no need telling everyone on the street that you are not that rich. Follow these beauty hacks to boost your appearance and command all the attention you need:
- Wear a pair of sunglasses, preferably those with large frames. They do not only hide your face when you are having a bad day; they also make you look classy even when your hair is messy. A pair of sunglasses can improve your entire appearance.
- Add a leather jacket to your wardrobe. Wearing a leather jacket no matter the length or color makes you look glamorous. The cropped leather jackets most especially, give you that sophisticated look no matter the hour of the day you wear them. Plus, they go with almost anything be it a flowered dress or tight jeans.
- Wear a scarf. There is a scarf that is suitable for every season. They are not expensive but they make you look expensive.
- Dress in all black. Black outfits do not only make you look slimmer but they make you look elegant and rich. And as you know, black fits every skin tone. So go rock it, black from head to toe, and just smile as winks follow your every move.
- Wear pointed shoes. Whether they are flats or heels, if they are pointed then they are perfect!
- Rather than go for clothing made of inexpensive fabrics like rayon, acrylic, polyester, and nylon, go for clothing made of luxe fabrics like suede, linen, and cotton. They fit perfectly without lauding your curved areas. And do not worry about cost, you can get them from your favorite stores at affordable prices. They also last long despite several washes.
- Wear a bold lipstick. Coral, pink and red-colored lipsticks are the top on the list.
- Go for simple and beautiful jewelry, it does not have to be expensive. Just simple and nice.
- If you have the time and skill, make your own clothes. This way, you will save money and sow the best designs of your choice.
There you have them, the 22 beauty hacks that will change your life. Now you can look prettier and work more confident.
Which beauty hack intrigued you the most? Tell me about it in the comments section. Do you have some beauty hacks that work for you that were not mentioned above? If you do not mind, also share them in the comments section. You may be saving a girl’s life.
Cheers to the prettier you at little cost!