Best Fat Burning Workouts – If you’re reading this right now, you’re probably in the market for a heart-thumping, blood-pumping, balls-to-the-wall exercise.
And, friend, we have you covered. We’re all after helping you get sweaty in pursuit of your goals, whether that means hitting a new PR or losing weight.
But let’s be real for a moment here: The tricky thing about weight-loss workouts is that they’re kind of, sort of a myth. Don’t get me wrong—if you’re planning to lose weight, then a solid exercise regimen should be part of your weight loss plan. It just can’t be solely your plan.
Here’s the thing: Exercising isn’t solely enough to make you lose weight. There’s so much else that goes into losing weight loss and burning fat; in fact, exercise isn’t even technically necessary in many cases.
If you want to lose weight—and it’s cool if you do and cool if you don’t—adopting healthy eating habits has got to be the first step.
To get practical, you need to create a calorie deficit, which means using more calories in a day than you consume.
And the consumption part plays a much more significant role in that than burning fat in the gym, or while conveying your groceries home, or any other numerous ways you put your muscles to work each day.
Other lifestyle habits, like sleep, stress management, and health conditions (think thyroid issues, to name just one of many), also affect your weight. The point is, weight loss is a difficult and extremely personal journey that doesn’t look or work the same way for everyone.
And before we get any further, I’d be remiss not to point out another essential detail here: Weight loss isn’t for everyone. For some people, it’s much healthier to ignore your weight entirely, or never bother about calories, or think about anything.
That’s especially true if you have a history of disordered eating; if that’s you, you must speak with your doctor before going on any weight-loss plan at all. Even if you don’t have a history of disordered eating, you must speak to a doctor about healthily losing weight.
And once you’ve done all that, you also need to know about other additional things about workouts and weight loss.
Read Also: 7 Best Leg Workouts At Home for Women to Lose Fat without Weight
7 Best Fat Burning Workouts For Quick Weight Loss
First on our list of best fat burning workouts is Crunches. Crunches are famously acknowledged as the fastest exercise to burn belly fat fast. They also strengthen your abdominal core, which makes it one of the best abdominal exercises you can find.
Although there are various variations of the crunch exercise move, the essential crunch move is always a good place to start. Follow the instructions below to perform the crunch move correctly:
- Start by lying flat on a mat with your knees bent and your feet firmly placed on the ground
- Or if you can, you may also lift your legs off the floor at a 90-degree position
- Then, lift both hands and place them behind your head or keep them crossed on your chest
- Take a deep breath and lift your upper torso off the floor and breathe out again
- Breathe in again as you go back down and exhale while going back to start position
- This move can be performed in 2-3 sets of 10 reps.
There are different kinds of lunges, but the basic lunge forward is among the effective fat burning workouts you can find. This is because it works multiple muscles of the glutes, hamstrings, and quads, all at the same time for maximum calorie burn. With this move, you can now get the body shape you desire.
- Stand straight with your feet at hip-width length apart
- Then, put your hands on your hips or hold weights in both hands and take a controlled step forward with your left leg
- While keeping your spine tall, bring your body down until your front leg, and back leg are at a 90-degree angle
- Hold, and then return your right leg to start position
- Now, perform the move on your other leg by stepping forward with our left leg
- Do ten reps on each side to make a total of three sets.
Squats are one of the best fat burning workouts that help you lose weight quickly. When performed correctly, squats work your core and our entire lower body, giving you a lean and well-sculpted body in the process.
- Begin with your feet hip-width apart and arms at either side of your side or holding weights
- While keeping your weight in both heels, start to lower legs and raise your arms in front of you till they are at shoulder height
- Then lower your thighs till they are parallel to the floor while keeping a straight back
- Ensure that your knees are kept in line with your toes while making all these moves
- When you have found your balance, stand up to go back to start position with your back still tall
- Do three sets of 15 reps.
4. Goblet Squat
The goblet squat is a lower body exercise that can be performed anywhere. It is a perfect way to squat, and it increases strength in the legs while strengthening the shoulders and core.
The goblet squat is a fat-burning exercise for the thigh that can be performed using a dumbbell or a kettlebell. Keep reading for instructions on ways to do the perfect goblet squat at home.
- Stand straight with our feet shoulder-width apart
- Hold the head of the weight with both of your hands, making sure you are holding the weight vertically in front of your chest
- Still with your back straight, squat down until the crease of your hip drops below the knee
- Also, ensure that the top of your thighs is parallel to the floor
- Extend your hips and knees before going back to the starting position
- You can perform ten repetitions per minute for ten minutes.
Most fitness junkies have acknowledged burpees as the most effective exercise known to man. They are highly effective, which has led to the popularity of the move. It is an excellent exercise for burning fat and getting your body into shape.
Burpees target your core, chest, and legs at the same time. Add some burpees to your workout now to feel the fat burn away, and lean muscles are building.
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms placed by our side
- Now, push back your hips, bend your knees, and lower down into a squat
- Then, place your hand in front of you on the ground and push your weight on them before jumping back softly to land your feet in a plank position
- Jump your feet forward so that they fall just outside of your hands and reach your hand up while jumping explosively into the air
- Lower back into a squat immediately to start the next rep
- Do three sets of 8 to 12 reps.
6. Donkey Kickbacks
The donkey kickback is a useful move that will torch a lot of calories as it works your core simultaneously. Use this workout to sculpt a fit body that is free of excess fat and to build lean muscles. Follow the instructions below to perform a perfect donkey kickback move.
- To start, kneel with your hands on the floor and tuck your toes under
- After that, pull your belly in towards your spine while contracting your abs
- Lift both knees off the ground to a distance of about two inches
- Now, bring your right knee in towards your nose and kick it back straight behind you
- Squeeze your butt while keeping your lower abs contracted with your hips facing the back so that your back is protected.
7. Kettlebell Swings
Using kettlebells for quick weight loss is one of the most effective was to lose weight quickly. This is because they work the entire body, and although they are low impact, they are high in intensity, which makes it perfect for burning calories.
- Start by standing with your feet a bit wider than hip-width apart
- Then, hold a kettlebell in front of you with both hands
- Engage your core and slightly lower your hips as if you are going into a squat
- Now, press your hips forward as you stand and swing the weight upward
- Lower your arms back and return to the slight squat position to complete one rep
- Now, do 15 swings to make three sets.
Excess storage of fat in the body can be dangerous to your health. Therefore, you have to be careful to avoid foods that are high sources of calories. Combine these workouts with a healthy diet to see amazing results and to rid your body of excess weight.
Diligently follow these exercises that are designed to help you stay in shape even when you are busy. Start performing these moves at home now for total fat burning.