Best Leg Workouts – It is not unpopular to hear women complain about their legs or the shape of it. And although most women complain about their legs, it is not impossible to get the legs you desire.
This article contains leg workouts at home that women can do with or without weights. These exercises will transform the shape of your legs and give you beautifully sculpted legs that are lean and strong.
If you are looking to get a more long-term change, we recommend pairing these workouts with a healthy diet that contains delicious yet nutritious meals. Also, doing these exercises consistently and with a lot of doggedness is guaranteed to get you better results on a long-term basis.
With each of these workout moves, you can reach your leg goals so you can walk with confidence and poise while wearing your favorite shorts or bikini and enjoying good health at the same time.
This article contains seven best leg workouts at home for women to lose fat and tone their legs. The combination of proper exercise and a good diet not only gives you well-shaped legs, but you also gain other benefits like feeling healthy, gaining confidence, feeling and looking great.
7 Best Leg Workouts At Home for Women to Lose Fat
Leg workouts at home can be done anyone and at any time. With these moves, you get killer legs that help you look amazing without having to use the gym. They target your entire lower body focusing on the legs.
If you are ready to lose fat deposits in your legs, these moves are for you.
There is no doubt that squats are a critical addition to lower body exercise. They are highly effective for burning fat deposits anywhere in the lower body because you work every muscle there while making the squat move.
They even work the muscles of your core. Squats are good for toning the thighs, legs, and carving well-shaped and rounded butts. They leave your body firmer, slimmer, and stronger at the end of every squat session.
- Get into a standing position with your feet placed at a hip-width distance apart. If you desire to use weight while doing this move, select one that is a bit challenging but leaves your body in good form.
- Keep your upper body straight with your core tightened and then bend at the knee while pushing your butt back and squatting as if you want to sit on a chair.
- Continue lowering your butt till your body is at a 90-degree angle to the floor or as far as you can go.
- Stay in this squat for 10 seconds before returning to start position to finish one rep.
- Do three sets of 10-15 reps.
2. Side Lunge
The traditional lunge comes in several variations, and the side lunge is one of such. In performing leg workouts at home, this is a move that must be on your list of moves to do because it is beneficial for working your leg muscles and defining them.
- To do the side lunge, start by sitting up with your legs spread wider than hip-width.
- Then, with your right leg, take one step to the side as far as you can and lower your body to the ground.
- Here, your left leg should be bent at the knee in order to support the weight of your body while it lowers to the floor.
- One way to know if you are doing the move right is that your leg is stretched straight. When you can’t lower your body any further, push up on your right leg to go back to start position.
- Change legs and repeat the move to finish one rep. Do 2 sets of 10 reps.
3. Squat Jumps
Squat jumps are a variation of the traditional squat move as explained in 1 above. It adds more intensity to the usual squat move helping you gain a well-toned, cellulite-free thigh and legs in the process. This move also works to improve your body stamina and stability.
- Start by standing with your feet placed slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Then, with your feet firmly pressed into the ground, push your hips forward and lower your butts into a squat. Bend till your thighs are close to the floor.
- From this pose, jump into the air as high as you can and straighten your legs out while still in the air. Swing your arms by your side for stability but keep your back straight and chest raised.
- Make sure you do not lock your knees in the hair and land back on the floor with soft knees.
- Directly go into performing a squat move to complete one rep.
- Do 2 sets of 10-15 reps and take 10 seconds to take a break in between sets.
4. Bridge Move
The bridge move is an excellent way to work your hamstring and butt while also helping to tone your core. This move has an added advantage of stimulating abdominal organs and thyroid glands; aiding digestion and regulating metabolism.
Also, it stretches the shoulders and revitalizes the legs. It is great for those who spend a lot of time sitting or driving.
- To start, lie on your back on the floor and place your feet at a hip-width distance apart.
- Raise your knees and place your heels on the floor close to your butts. If you want more resistance, place a heavyweight on your lower ab area.
- Now, while pushing off with your heels, raise your hips slowly as high as you can.
- Hold the pose for 4 seconds before releasing your body to go back to the floor.
- Stop with your butt hips some distance from the floor. If you can’t, lower your hips till they rest on the floor.
- Keep doing the move for 60 seconds before taking a 10 seconds rest.
- Repeat the 60-seconds session at least three times.
- For an advanced move, do the bridge pose with one leg raised in the air for the entire 60 seconds session. You can alternate between legs with each session you perform.
5. Forward and Backward Lunges
This is a variation of the traditional lunge move. Although many people are only aware of the traditional lunge, the forward and backward lunge move will help you burn fat quickly. This works to sculpt your legs and ultimately get rid of fat accrued in your legs.
The move is also good to add to your workout routine if you are looking to switch up your workout session and add more intensity.
- Begin by assuming a straight position with your knees bent slightly.
- Then, take a step back to get into the normal lunge position with your right leg pushed to the front in a forward lunge position.
- Next, push backward to do a reverse lunge with your left leg pushed forward and your right going backward. This completes one rep.
- Repeat the exercise move by going back and forth. Do 2 sets of 10-15 reps.
6. Single-Leg Deadlift
The single-leg deadlift is another leg workout at home that you can do with or without weight. It works your butt and entire leg while working to tighten your core because it needs stability to perform.
You can either do it without weights or you can hold medium-weight to heavyweight tools to perform it.
- Start by standing with your feet at a hip-width distance apart while your knees are slightly bent.
- Place your hands or weight or choice in front of your thighs and slowly bend forward at the waist.
- Keep your chest and back straight while your butt sticks out and your head remains aligned with your back as you bend to a ninety-degree angle. If you can’t achieve a 90-degree angle, do something close to it.
- As you bend, extend one leg to the back and raise your self up again.
- Repeat the up and down motion with a single leg for a minute before switching legs.
Note: Beginners can try this move with both legs firmly placed on the floor. After mastering it, try to do the single-leg deadlift.
Another effective leg workout you can perform at home is cardio. Performing cardio exercise is one of the best things you can do for your body. Whether your goal is to burn fat, lose weight, sculpt your legs, or improve your general health, cardio helps you to achieve them.
Add fifteen to twenty minutes of cardio to your exercise routine 3-4 times weekly for well-toned legs. Also, cardio can be performed before or after your main leg workout exercise routine. Here is a list of cardio workouts that you can do at home and without weight:
Walking is easy to perform. To start, walk easy for about three minutes before going into a brisk walk for another minute. After the minute is up, run for another minute. You can alternate between both walking and running till the end of your session. Then, cool down by doing two minutes of easy walking.
- Brisk Walking
It is true that you can lose weight by walking. However, you need to get your heart beating and heart rate up to do this and mere strolling does not cut it. Start this session by walking easy for two to three minutes before moving into a brisk walk for as long as you can go. Cool down by walking easy for another two minutes.
This requires a bike and resistance band. Begin with a 5 minutes warm-up session before doing 45 seconds of a fast cycle with moderate resistance from the resistance band. Follow it up with 15 seconds of easy cycling. Repeat the process ten times and then cool down for another five minutes. If you are at a gym, you may try joining a cycle class.
Legs are a very important part of a woman’s body. This is because how the legs look determines if you look outstanding or not.
However, without proper leg workouts at home and a healthy diet, you cannot get well-toned and sculpted legs. This is often due to the accumulation of fat on the leg which distorts the feminine and beauty layout of the female body.
This article showed you 7 best exercises to achieve the beauty that well-sculpted legs are. To get the best of these exercises, you will need consistency and dedication. Also, you should motivate yourself on your fitness journey so you can achieve a cellulite-free leg in no time.