Best lower Ab Workouts to reduce belly pooch- Just like some moms would, I have my own story of the belly pooch worries after childbirth. I used to be less bothered about my protruding lower abdomen.
My lazy thoughts keep telling me that belly pooch mothers have is normal and natural. Guess what happened 2 months ago when I went shopping with my two kids!
I bumped into an old college friend. Yes! That was good, right? But while basking in the euphoria of meeting a long-time friend, I could not stop to admire the gorgeous shape in front of me. She equally came shopping with three kids. Yes! Three!
But you know what, she has a super flat and sexy tummy. In a crop top and nice jeans, she looked stunning. That was my challenge! I got back home with a lot of questions in my head.
Do I have to be fat because I am a mom? Can I still get back my old sexy shape? How on earth did Pat do that with three kids?
So many questions came rolling in. But you know what? After then, a few weeks have passed, and I can boast of a flat-tummy in the making already.
Though it has not been rosy, I am constantly on the goal with my weight loss and flat tummy plan when the shape of Pat flashes through. All I keep saying is: If she can do that with three kids, I could too. In reality, everyone can lose weight and have a flat tummy if they wish.
I don’t just want to share my success story. You should know about the best lower ab workouts I have been doing in my home every morning.
8 Best Lower Ab Workouts to Reduce Belly Pooch
It can’t be all about exercises, you know? Getting a sexy shape and a flat tummy requires a lot more. First, your diet! You have to clean up your diet, eat fewer carbs, cut calorie intake, and place yourself on a weight loss diet.
That done, there is a need to change some lifestyle and habits that may hinder weight loss. In this post, get some best lower ab workouts you need to compliment your change diet and lifestyle.
The crunch exercise is one of the most popular abdominal exercises. This belly workouts tones the rectus abdominis muscle and also works the obliques. Losing your belly pooch with exercises never gets boring when you have quite a variety of crunches.
You can have your twist crunch, side crunch, reverse crunch, butterfly crunch, and so on. But to start with, here is how to do the basic crunch. Sure! It is one of the best lower ab workouts you need.
How To Do
- Lie down flat on a mat with your back
- Bend your knees bent and place your feet on the ground firmly
- Place your hands behind your head.
- Inhale and bring up your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
- Then get back to the mat, breathing in and exhale as you rise.
- Do this for 10 times as a beginner.
- Repeat another two to three sets.
2. Bicycle Exercise
When making a list of best abs workouts to reduce belly pooch, the bicycle exercise will surely make the first 10. This exercise is one of the most effective core exercises to build abdominal strength.
You can shape, sculpt, and tone your bulging belly if you do this exercise the right way. It is all about cycling an imaginary bicycle in the air with your legs while you have your back to the ground.
How To Do
- Lie on the floor, pressing your lower back against the ground.
- Put both hands behind your head
- Raise both legs off the ground and make a bend at the knees
- Twist to make the right knee touch the left elbow
- Turn to the other side to make the left knee touch the right elbow
- Slowly continue in this bicycle motion till you do 10 – 15 reps.
3. Russian Twist
Adding the Russian twist exercise to your arsenal isn’t a bad idea. You know why? It is also superb for a flat belly. The twisting motion works in an amazing way to work on your abdominal muscles. Many people do this exercise using weights, but you may decide not to use one.
How to Do
- Lying on your back, raise and bend your knees at 45° with feet off the floor
- Clutch your hands together in front of you or hold weight.
- Tighten your abs and raise the upper body to a 45° angle with the floor.
- Then, slowly twist your torso to the right side, keeping your arms straight and raised.
- Pause and then reverse the twist to repeat on the left side. That’s one rep.
- Do 10 – 20 reps.
4. Reverse Crunches
When you have a super control and balance of your basic crunch exercises, you might love to try the reverse style one day. Everything is about switching things up for the best result.
Reverse crunches, though a variety of crunch, puts more pressure on the abdominal muscle to help reduce belly fat. See a step by step instruction for this move here.
5. Plank Exercise
An exercise that can help get rid of belly pooch is a plank. Plank tone and support the muscles of the abdominal region and support the spine. You can also have variations of planks too, but you can start with this one:
- Get into a press-up position, balancing your weight on the forearms while bending your elbows.
- Then, try to form a straight line through your body from shoulders to ankle, suck your belly button into the spine.
- Stay in that position for some time and relax.
- Repeat the same five-six times.
6. Bending Side To Side
Just as the name goes, you will bend from one side to another. This exercise gives enough stretch to the muscles of the stomach. It is also another one of the best lower ab workouts to reduce belly pooch.
How To Do
- Stand upright, placing your feet together and your hands at the sides.
- Place the right hand on the right hip and raise up the left hand.
- Maintaining a firm balance on your legs, bend your body to the right as much as possible until you feel a strain on your left waist.
- Stay in the position for 15 seconds.
- Return to the starting position.
- Then, bend to the left, and retain the position for another 15 seconds.
When trying to get rid of stomach fat, it is best to make perfect choices of exercises. All your choices may be awesome, but without the sit-up, you have to add it up.
It is one of the best lower ab workouts any fitness trainer would ask you to do to reduce belly pooch. It is not a complicated move at all. Sit-ups are simple yet effective exercises to have a flat belly.
How To Do
- Lie flat on a floor mat, face up.
- Cross your arms in front of your trunk or torso.
- Now, make your lower body stiff and move your upper body towards your knees.
- Take a deep breath and exhale as you go up. Inhale as you bring your body back to the mat. Use the abdominal muscles to move up and down.
- Do this 10-15 times.
8. Cardio Exercises
For the fat that spot reduction is impossible, it is important to do exercises that will lead to total body fat loss. Your abdominal workouts will help to tone and sculpt the belly region where you have shed some weight.
Cardio exercises also count when you want to get rid of a belly pooch. Resume your early morning fast walk, running, or jogging. Then go cycling and swimming in the evening to relax, stretch some muscles and at the same time burn some calories.
Follow these effective and simple exercises to get rid of a belly pooch. These exercises can be quickly done at home without the help of any personal trainer. All that is needed is determination and a lot of stamina.
Apart from these best lower ab workouts, there are more ways to get a flat tummy. Tidy up your diet! Eat Clean! Eat Healthily! And live a good life!
As a woman, taking off belly pooch is a herculean task that can be achieved only by the determined. Make up your mind at this moment. Accept the challenge and fire on.
If I can do it, you definitely would do better!