This Post details the best Workouts to Lose 10 Pounds in 30 Days. If you have been diagnosed with obesity or if you are just concerned about your weight, you may be interested in losing ten pounds in a month. By doing some basic exercises, you can shed this weight in no time at all!
In fact, the best workouts for weight loss combine cardio and strength training. Cardio accelerates your heart rate so you burn calories and fat. The higher your heart rate, the more energy your body uses, therefore, the more fat you burn to lose 10 pounds in 30 days.
Strength training, however, builds lean muscle. Muscle tissue burns more calories throughout the day than other kinds of tissue, such as fat stores. Therefore, when you build muscle you increase the calories you burn while at rest, making your weight loss long-term.
Before going into the exercises, it is important that we learn how weight loss actually works. In one pound of fat, there are 3500 calories. Thus, in order to lose one pound of fat per week, you must cut out at least 500 calories from your diet each day. That implies to lose 10 pounds in 30 days, one needs to eliminate 35,000 calories in various ways in 30 days!
While you might typically use a combination of diet and exercise to achieve this deficit, it can be done with exercise alone. However, be aware that you may have to spend a significant amount of time performing the exercises in order to achieve optimal results.
Read Also: Yoga for Flat Belly
Best Workouts To Lose 10 Pounds in 30 Days
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for this workout. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
Walking is one of the best exercises to help you lose 10 pounds in 30 days. And it does not cost anything at all. On average, a 150-pound person can typically lose around 600 calories per hour just by walking.
This means that if you want to lose 2 pounds per week (or roughly 10 pounds in a month), you will have to walk around two hours each day.
If you don’t have enough time for such a large chunk of exercise at one time, don’t fret. Research has found that breaking your exercise up into smaller sections is just as effective when you are trying to lose weight.
Therefore, instead of doing one 120-minute chunk of exercise in a stretch, try getting in four 30-minute blocks.
2. Single-Leg Balance
- Balance on right leg, left leg bent with foot slightly off the floor in front of you.
- With hands on hips or extended in front of you for balance, lower into a squat on right leg, keeping right knee aligned with toes
- Maintaining squat throughout, extend left leg out to left, toes facing forward and foot flexed; lower left leg.
- Do 10 reps, then switch sides and repeat.
Doing this workout rigorously will help in your goal to lose 10 Pounds in 30 days.
3. Spider-man Crawl
- Get in full push-up position on the floor, extend your arms with your wrists under your shoulders, your body thus forming a straight line from head to heels.
- Step right foot forward to bring right knee toward right elbow as you reach forward with your left hand.
- Switch sides, bringing left knee toward left elbow as you reach forward with right hand.
- Remaining in crouched position throughout, continue crawling forward for 30 seconds and then reverse movement to return to start.
4. Lunge to Push-Up
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, hands on hips. Step forward with right leg and lower into a lunge, both knees bent 90 degrees.
- Lean forward over right thigh and place hands on the floor on either side of right foot.
- Step right foot back so that you’re in full push-up position and then bend elbows, lowering chest toward floor.
Make It Easier:
- Simply hold the push-up position for 1 count without lowering.
- Press up, bring right foot forward again, rise up into a lunge, and step back to return to start.
- Switch legs and repeat.
- Do 10 reps, alternating sides.
- Another exercise that can help you achieve your goal of losing 10 pounds in 30 days is squats.
- Squats are a type of strength-training exercise.
- It’s a great type of exercise if you are trying to lose weight because it increases your muscle mass.
- The more muscle mass you have, the faster your metabolism will be, and the faster you will, therefore, burn calories.
- Squats are ideal if you are trying to lose weight because they produce increases in muscle mass in almost all of the muscles of the lower body.
- In order to achieve optimal results, be sure to do at least 3 sets of 15 repetitions of the squats each day.
6. Crab-Walk Combo
- Sit on the floor with hands behind your hips, knees bent and feet flat.
- Lift hips into a tabletop position that ankles are aligned under knees and wrists are aligned under shoulders, fingers pointing forward or slightly out to sides.
- Walk forward 4 steps, then stop and extend right leg up as you reach left hand toward right toes.
- Switch sides and repeat, then continue walking forward another 4 steps.
Continue for 30 seconds to a minute, then reverse the direction to return to start.
Trainer’s Tip: Look slightly forward or up as you walk, whichever is most comfortable for your neck.
7. Circuit Training
Circuit training is a combination of all the exercises that are described above. However, rather than you performing the same exercise for a particular period of time, you would do a number of different exercises for a shorter period of time.
For example, a typical circuit training program could be composed of five minutes of walking, followed by one minute of jump roping, and then 2 sets of 15 repetitions of squats, etc.
The circuit may then be repeated as many times as possible. This method allows you to get a complete workout done in a short time, thereby making it a great choice if you do not have a lot of time on your hands.
Further Reading: How To Lose Back fat at Home
7 WEIGHT LOSS DIET TIPS
2) It is advisable to avoid alcohol because of its high sugar content. If you must however partake, only 1 (4 ounces) glass of red wine per week is recommended.
3) Eat More Fiber
4) Reduce your intake of Carbohydrates
5) Drink a cup of water 30 minutes before each meal
6) Eat breakfast without fail
7) Don’t stop, keep on with the exercises after the 30 days. Write down your long-term goals.