Losing weight requires discipline, determination, and some self-control. It is no magic. For everyone that has shed pounds, it took some effort on their part. However, some herbs, fruits, oils, and spices can help you to achieve your goal. For this reason, I would be sharing with you in this post, how to use cinnamon and ginger for weight loss. These two recipes you will take in order to lose weight naturally and quickly.
According to Majid Ezzati, a senior Professor at the School of Public Health at Imperial College London, UK, Over the past 40 years, the world has changed from one in which underweight was prevalent. He claims that then, people underweight were more than double of those obese. But now, more people are obese than underweight.
“If present trends continue, not only will the world not meet the obesity target of halting the rise in the prevalence of obesity at its 2010 level by 2025, but more women will be severely obese than underweight by 2025.”
He also explains that “To avoid an epidemic of severe obesity, new policies that can slow down and stop the worldwide increase in body weight must be implemented quickly and rigorously evaluated.” He also adds that healthy food policies and improved health-care training should be looked into.
Thus, if we would achieve a desired healthy weight we have to carefully select what we eat. In eating healthy, medicinal foods such as cinnamon and ginger being a part of our diet would not be a bad idea. It would, in fact, help us get started on the road to healthy eating.
Cinnamon is one of the most prized spices in the world. Commonly used as a flavoring agent in different cuisines, the appetizing oriental smell of cinnamon can attract the foodies from all corners of the world. Did you know this amazing spice not only provides warmth and relief on cold wintery days but can also assist in weight loss?
The outer bark of the cinnamon tree is the source of this delightfully exotic spice. The tree is native to India and Sri Lanka but is grown in many tropical countries as a spice and medicine. Cinnamon is also used in Asia and America to treat various ailments like stomach upset, respiratory problems and diarrhea.
Cinnamon is commonly available in stick, oil, powder, and extracts from. Just 2 teaspoons of cinnamon offer 2.5 grams of fiber. It contains minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, and manganese.
There are several varieties of cinnamon, but only 4 are used for commercial purposes. The four major types of cinnamon are:
1. Cassia cinnamon
2. Saigon cinnamon
3. Ceylon cinnamon
4. Indonesian cinnamon
Among these, the Ceylon cinnamon is referred to as “true cinnamon”, while cassia cinnamon is called “Chinese cinnamon”. Although the plants are related, they differ in their coumarin content. If you’d like to try it out, you can purchase original Ceylon cinnamon here
Other Health Benefits of Cinnamon
1. Insulin levels
4. Digestive Benefits
Things to note before taking Cinnamon for weight loss:
- Cinnamon is a non-toxic spice and is completely safe to consume. However, there are some safety measures that you need to follow while taking cinnamon.
- Lactating mothers should not consume cinnamon in high quantities as the flavor can pass through the breast milk, which might not please the baby.
- Cinnamon for weight loss is not recommended during pregnancy, but you can mix it with other dishes.
- It is a warming spice and should not be consumed when suffering from fever.
- Cinnamon can raise the blood pressure if consumed in high quantities. Consult your doctor before taking cinnamon, especially if you have a history of cardiac issues.
- People who are allergic to herbs should avoid consuming cinnamon.
- People suffering from ulcer should not take cinnamon tea. It can also irritate mucous membranes in some people.
- Cinnamon oil is highly toxic and is not recommended for consumption.
- Eating this spice on an empty stomach can lead to nausea and vomiting.
- Cassia cinnamon contains high levels of coumarins, a naturally occurring ingredient that can be harmful to some people.
Health Benefits of Ginger
It is true that the combination of cinnamon and ginger for weight loss works wonderfully. But Ginger in itself has several health benefits. Ginger is commonly known all over the world for its wonderful health benefits especially when we talk of anti-inflammation and gastric properties that can aid the digestive system.
Ginger root is used in weight loss recipes because of its ability to reduce weight and boost metabolism. It is an effective antioxidant because of its vitamin C content and enhances waste ejection in the body.
Weight loss benefits of Ginger
1. Aids digestion
2. Steroid regulator
3. Control cholesterol level
4. Eating ginger can have a huge control on high levels cholesterol levels that are often linked to obesity.
Cinnamon and ginger for weight loss: Weight loss Recipes
The wonderful thing about using cinnamon and ginger for weight loss is that they are common spices; even grandmas know that every household has them and can be mixed with so many foods.
- Heat a cup of water and remove it from heat once it is boiling.
- Then add a small slice of ginger and leave it steep for 5-7 minutes, covered.
- Uncover it, then start drinking it.
- You can also add to it lemon and drink.
- It’s best to drink this on empty stomach before breakfast.
Here are cinnamon and ginger for weight loss ideas that you can add to your daily meal:
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of powder ginger and cinnamon on your oatmeal or breakfast cereal
- Add them to your regular tea or coffee
- Mix into butter, yogurt or cheese spreads to enhance the flavor
- Mix cinnamon, ginger, and honey into hot water to make a tea-like concoction
- Add fruit juices and salad or ciders
- Mix them into a protein shake
- Mix cinnamon and ginger to your rice side dishes by sprinkling and grated ginger
- Combine ginger, cinnamon, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic to make a yummy a salad dressing.
Cinnamon and ginger for weight loss: Blend recipes
- 3 tea bags (black tea)
- 50 ml yogurt
- 500 ml water
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Half Tsp honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat the water and allow it to boil,
- Add all the ingredient except yogurt
- Mix them thoroughly
- As the water begins to cool down, strain the mixture and then add your yogurt
- Mix all of the ingredients together and drink it
- Drink this for dinner
- It is also important that you do not eat anything after taking this. But you can drink water
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 180 ml milk
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 80 ml water
- 1 teaspoon of curry or 3-inch piece of sliced turmeric root
- Mix the turmeric powder with ginger and cinnamon in boiling water,
- Then add the milk and mix everything until it dissolves and become a fine mixture
- Drink it before bedtime.
Another recipe you can try is;
It’s an effective cinnamon and ginger tea recipe that’s equally good for weight loss
- 3 cups of water
- Half cup chopped apple fruits
- An inch long cinnamon stick
- Minced ginger root
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- Half teaspoon of tea powder
- Little drops of Honey for better taste
- Heat your water and allow it to boil
- Add everything except chopped apple pieces and honey to it.
- Take it off the stove and add chopped apple pieces to it.
- Cover it again and leave for 5 minutes.
- Strain it and add honey. Enjoy your drink.
Cinnamon Tea Benefits
- It’s essential formula for weight loss
- Cinnamon tea has antibacterial properties.
- It reduces premenstrual cramps.
- It is good for your heart.
- Also, it has anti-clotting properties and it also rich in, calcium, iron, and manganese to help keep you healthy.
If you truly want to use cinnamon and ginger for weight loss, you also need to follow a healthy diet. It is really important that you develop a healthy eating habit. Avoid eating junk foods as much as possible. Cinnamon and ginger for weight loss will not work unless you watch the food you eat.
You should also avoid alcohol, pop or soda, sugar, fats, sodium etc. All of these things contribute immensely to weight gain. By avoiding them as much as possible, the cinnamon and ginger diet will have more room to function effectively and you will see the results much faster.
You definitely need to also try out some workouts to lose weight. It could be at home or in the gym. All of these things work hand in hand to bring about faster results.
You should also drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water a day. Water can greatly help in weight loss. You can also try out detox water for weight loss.
Leading this lifestyle, you will discover that in a short while, you would have lost a significant amount of weight.