CrossFit is a training program that targets your strength and endurance, such that it makes you go extreme with your workouts. CrossFit workout routine, when done every day, will help you push harder and will make you lose weight in no time.
This workout routine does not deal with “one part of the body at a time”; instead, it deals with your overall body to give you that nicely toned and built body frame.
Before you start, it is to be noted that the CrossFit workout program is a flexible one, and it can be altered to suit everyone’s needs- the skill and stamina. Hence, you need not worry about being a novice in the whole workout thing.
The following is a list of people who are fit to start a CrossFit program without thinking of backing off:
- A group of people in the community- Apart from being a gym member, you should also belong to a community. This community only should consist of people with a desire for this type of workout. And to make everything fun and exciting, you need a fitness instructor that understands and can help you scale through.
- A Newbie to the world of weight and fitness training- if you are a person that has never engaged in any form of weight training, start with CrossFit. Also, to make the journey simple, get yourself an excellent instructor that motivates and encourages you.
- People who can endure the pain that comes with CrossFit exercises. This is because CrossFit exercises are not easy, and to go through all the moves and reps can be a stressful thing to do.
- Fitness Die-Hards – if you are one person that feels incomplete when you have not done your workout for the day, you can add CrossFit to your routine. The general workout rule for CrossFit is three days on and a day rest, but as a fitness freak, you can do CrossFit every day.
8 Killer Crossfit Workout Routine to Blast Fat Away
1. Jumping Squats
This workout is somewhat similar to the air squats. The only difference between this and the air squats is that this exercise requires a lot more power and force.
- Get in a squat position- with your feet slightly wider than your hip-width apart.
- Suck in your belly button and tighten your core, keep all your weight on your heels.
- Gently lower your glutes back and down as you raise your arms behind you.
- As soon as you get to the bottom of your squat, raise your arms and jump into the air with force.
- Make sure you land gently with your knees bent.
- Redo this process for as long as you can.
Note: While you are doing this workout, do not let your knees buckle in- keep them out!
2. Barbell Thruster
For this exercise, you will be putting every muscle group in your body to work.
It is a workout that targets the whole body, and it helps to cut body fat. Such that the entire body is fully conditioned, and fat is burnt due to the amount of energy used. Also, this exercise helps to sculpt the abdominal area, thereby making your flat tummy goal achievable.
- Using any weight fit for you, clean the bar up to the front rack position. This should be on your shoulders and chest.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, and your toes pointed out about 10 to 30 degrees.
- Make sure your elbows are up-high and squat down below parallel.
- While you front squat through to the start position, press the bar above the head using force.
- Do not stop when you get to the start position before you repeat the process.
Note: This exercise should be repeated without taking any break. Don’t slow down!
3. Pistol Squats
This CrossFit workout is an advanced type of the regular squat just that it is done on one leg.
- With your weight on your left heel, raise your leg slowly up in the air.
- Balance yourself well by holding your right foot.
- When that’s done, move down slowly while driving your butt back and down.
- You can repeat this workout as many times as your body can go.
It is among the most dreaded but also one of the most effective exercises. It can torch a massive number of calories and can have you dripping with sweat.
Burpees work most of your muscles and are quite an intense workout in itself. Do this exercise together with a healthy diet, and you will be fit in no time.
- Begin in a starting position and get down into a squat position with your hands on the floor.
- Kick your feet back until you get to a push-up position.
- Return your feet quickly to the start then jump up in an attempt to catch 6 to 12 inches of air.
- Bring your hands over your head while you jump and land gently on your feet.
- Repeat the process immediately as much as your body can take.
5. Annie Workout
This CrossFit workout routine is named after and dedicated to Annie Sakamoto. This is because she was one of the pioneers of CrossFit at Greg Glassman’s gym back then at Santa Cruz. Many other workouts are named after women and men both.
- 50 double unders
- 50 sit ups
- 40 double unders
- 40 sit ups
- 30 double unders
- 30 sit ups
- 20 double unders
- 20 sit ups
- 10 double unders
- 10 sit ups
6. Overhead Kettlebell
This kettlebell swing is the perfect exercise to do if you want to lose weight and want to work your glutes and hamstrings.
- Start with a kettlebell of about 35 to 54 pounds almost 12 inches in front of you- should be on the ground.
- Lean forward as though you are trying to perform a deadlift and hold onto the bell by the horns.
- Swing the kettlebell between your legs while keeping it high and tight.
- Push your hips with force to push the ball forward and above your head.
- Make sure your arm is in a perpendicular position to the floor.
- Do not squeeze your abdominals or glutes, as this will make your lower back hurt.
- Take the kettlebell far behind your head for the rep to be complete.
- Return the kettlebell to between your legs while maintaining your balance and repeat.
- Repeat 3 to 4 sets of 12 to 15 reps.
7. Box Jumps
This box jump is another of the CrossFit workout routine you can try out. Its movement is one that puts the central nervous system to work, thereby improving the neural output during the training session. This exercise is one that helps to improve your form, posture, and balance. You can either decide to perform this exercise with weights or without.
- Choose a plyometric box with the perfect height for you. You can also use any surface 12 to 36 inches high.
- But for a start, use a box or any safe surface from 12 inches, and you can increase as you progress.
- Assume an athletic stance and move forward while you bring your arms behind you.
- Move your hips and swing your arms forward as you jump onto the box.
- Land on two feet gently in a squat position with your knees just above parallel.
- Before you jump back down, stand up tall, and repeat the reps.
- Do at least three sets of five reps before you start using weights.
8. Fight Gone Bad
This exercise is an excellent weight loss workout as its stipulated time is one minute per exercise. This one minute of total effort allows you to work at your highest capacity, not minding your ability. For the first four exercises, you will count and sum up your reps then add the calorie count on the rowing machine to it. This will give you your score!
- wall balls- at 20 pounds with a 10-foot target
- Sumo deadlift- high pull at 75 pounds
- 20-inch box jumps
- Push press- 75 pounds
- Rowing machine
Note: Perform three sets, one minute for each exercise, and have one-minute rest between sets.
There you have eight different CrossFit workout routines you can do, which will help you burn fat and stay trim and healthy. However, you need to know hat the best way to get the most of these exercises is not to overdo it. Do any selected workout at your pace and for the stipulated repetitions.
That being said, I do hope you found this article helpful. And if you have other CrossFit exercises you do, kindly let us know in the comments. Stay trim!