Weight loss soups are becoming popular by the day. No wonder the diet cabbage soup for weight loss hit the limelight in no time. So, I’ve done quite a lot of reading and research on this weight loss topic, and I really want to share it with you.
Going through a lot of reviews and success stories, I found out that a lot of skinny mommas got their stunning shape using this diet.
Just like I am so eager, I guess you can’t wait to make your mannequin shape come true with just bowls of cabbage soup.
So, what is the diet called? It is a 7-day diet Cabbage soup plan that works excellently for weight loss and general body detoxification. As the name suggests, you consume cabbage soup for seven days.
Don’t be scared you might get bored of taking cabbage soup. It is going to be a week of fun-eating because you will also have fruits and vegetables, beef, chicken, brown rice, and more at your disposal.
Yes! This almost skipped my mind! The diet cabbage group is not only good for weight loss, but it also has some other benefits you wouldn’t mind knowing.
Let’s have a look at some of these amazing benefits first before running through the meal plan.
Benefits of the Diet Cabbage Soup
1. Weight Loss
The cabbage soup is a weight loss diet plan that aids successful body fat drop in one week. Proponents of the diet say it can help you lose up to 10 lbs in one week.
So, is it magic? No, it is not a magical soup. Rather, it is absolute logic. You lose weight when on a diet cabbage soup because the diet limits your calorie intake drastically.
Restricting your diet to just cabbage soup with a few fruits, vegetables, and other low-calorie foods will bring down your caloric intake, helping you drop weight quickly. And I mean total weight loss. Not only fat, but you may also lose some water and muscle too.
2. Fiber-Rich Diet
Do you know the impact of a high-fiber diet on weight loss? Fiber fills you up and keeps you satiated. This will help you curb hunger and unnecessary cravings.
Your cabbage soup contains cabbage, brown rice, fruits, and vegetables that will dish you some dose of fiber.
Fiber food sources are also very good for digestion. Apart from its weight loss and digestion benefits, fiber-rich foods are responsible for improved health conditions such as better blood sugar control and lower cholesterol levels.
3. The Diet Cabbage Soup is Highly Nutritious
Cabbage is a nutrient-dense food that you should consider adding to your diet.
This cruciferous vegetable is rich in antioxidants and some other micronutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, and folate.
These nutrients offer the body tons of benefits and keep you healthy.
In a recent study conducted on cruciferous veggies, it was established that these veggies may be associated with a lower risk of cancer, less inflammation and even a decreased risk of death from heart disease.
4. Body Cleansing & Detoxification
Cabbage and detox? Does that really work? Of course, it does! Cabbage, just like other cruciferous vegetables, contain glucosinolate, a compound that can help stimulate the production of enzymes in the liver that aid in detoxification.
Hence, increased consumption of intake amounts to the glucosinolates rise, which will ensure proper detoxification and improved liver function.
Also, for carb detox, this diet soup works amazingly. When on this diet, your body steers clear of junks, carbs, and sugar that you consume regularly.
As your one-week diet is strictly cabbage soup with some other few food sources, your body flushes out accumulated crap.
You see, there is more goodness inherent in a bowl of delicious cabbage soup. And the good news is that getting on this diet is super cheap.
So, don’t think that the cost could be a constraint. No, it is not going to be an issue. Let me also add that cabbage soups are really easy to prepare. Simple and straightforward!
So, let’s see how to prepare cabbage soup. Be the judge now and conclude on the simplicity yourself.
The Weight Loss Diet Cabbage Soup Recipe
Here are what you need and the steps to prepare your cabbage soup.
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Large Can Diced Tomatoes
- 6 Stalks Celery
- 1 Large Onion – Chopped
- 1-2 Cubes of Bouillon (optional)
- 1 head cabbage. A nice, big green one.
- 48 oz. of V-8 Juice (low sodium works best)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
How to Prepare
- Wash all the veggies properly, and they chop them into bite-size pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the chopped onions in it for a couple of minutes
- Then, add your celery and pepper and also sauté with the onion for another 4 to 5 minutes
- Cover the veggies with water and V-8 Juice. Then add the bouillon cube, hot sauce, and tomatoes
- Boil for few minutes and then reduce the heat and leave to simmer till the veggies become soft
- Finally, shred your cabbage and add it to the soup and cook your soup for another 10 minutes. Adding the cabbage at the last stage helps to restore and preserve its nutritional value.
7 Day Diet Cabbage Soup Plan for Weight Loss
Throughout the 7 days, you are free to take some other zero-calorie foods with your cabbage soup. But, you must be careful of whatever you include in your diet.
Try to stick to water, weight loss drinks, rather than the sweetened version. Below is what a 7-day diet plan for taking cabbage soup looks like.
Day 1: Fruit Day
Eat only cabbage soup and fruits except for bananas throughout the day.
Day 2: Vegetable Day
On the second day, take vegetables (raw or cooked) and cabbage soup. Only take leafy green veggies or root veggies. Try to avoid peas and corn. For dinner on this day, you may have one baked potato served with oil or butter.
Day 3: Fruit & Vegetable Day
Eat unlimited cabbage soup, fruits (for bananas) and green vegetables (excluding potatoes) all day. Do not eat any starchy veggies, such as beets, yams, carrots, corn, and peas.
Day 4: Finally! Banana Day
Eat cabbage soup, bananas and skim milk to cut down sugar cravings
Day 5: Protein and Tomatoes Can Come In
On this 5th day, you have to eat your cabbage soup at least twice. And also, you can have some proteins grass-fed beef or broiled skinless chicken served with tomatoes. Drink six to eight glasses of water to stay hydrated as well.
Day 6: More Protein & Veggies
Eat your soup at least once on the sixth day and add protein (like beef) and vegetables (except for potatoes) to your diet.
Guess what today’s order is like! Unsweetened fruit juices, vegetables, and brown rice. And don’t forget, your cabbage soup too.
Useful Tips While on The Diet Cabbage Soup Plan
- Keep the intake of cabbage soup in check. Two cups of soup per serving would be fine.
- Additional foods like protein, fruits, and vegetables should also be taken in moderate quantities. The standard serving size for meats, for example, is around 3-4 ounces, and 1/2 cup of brown rice is considered a single portion.
- Drink a lot of water to keep hydrated
- Do not go hungry. Eat when you’re hungry and stop eating when you feel satiated
- It is advisable to discontinue the diet after seven days. But you can kick off again after taking the rest of about two weeks in-between.
- Do not add salt to any of your meals. It may increase the sodium content
- Apart from water, be mindful of drinks high in calories. You can take coffee but just the black one without milk or sugar.
Some Drawbacks of The Cabbage Soup Diet
Do not go thinking that this weight loss soup diet plan is all PERFECT! There are a few things you should have at the back of your mind before diving into it.
- This diet doesn’t guarantee long-term weight loss. It makes you lose weight in a short while. However, the moment you stop the diet and return to your regular meals, you might see the weight bouncing back.
- The cabbage soup diet is extremely restricted and can actually cause health problems and nutritional deficiencies if you keep up with it for a long time.
- Don’t expect to have the sweet, tasty, and super delicious meals on this diet. The Cabbage Soup is very bland by nature, which you might probably get tired of over a week. Many people consider this diet boring and a little bit hard to keep up with. This may lead to them quitting or taking some cheat foods that won’t make them get the anticipated results.
- It is possible for you to get easily fatigued occasionally while on this diet. This is you’re not getting proper nutrition.
Don’t feel discouraged because of the drawbacks highlighted above. People actually have a quick and drastic bodyweight reduction in these 7 days ( Very short while!).
This rapid drop is a sort of motivation for them to pick up a long-term and more sustainable. And don’t forget that there are moments when the very speedy weight loss plan is all you want.
As inconvenient as this cabbage soup diet could be, it might be your only option to lose as much as 10 pounds in just one week.
All you’ve got to do is to brace up and continually remind yourself all week long that: ‘IT’S ALMOST OVER.’