A lot of people have tried using homemade DIY body wraps for weight loss, detox, and cellulite removal. It is no news that making body wraps at home is a lot cheaper than booking a session at the spa.
Using DIY body wraps for weight loss can prove to be more efficient than some pricey treatments that are available today.
A significant benefit of using DIY body wraps for weight loss, detox, and cellulite removal is that you can target specific body parts with it.
Also, you can use a body wrap around your thighs or butts if you would like to tighten the skin covering that area.
The DIY body wrap recipe uses natural ingredients that nourish the skin, draw out impurities, and tightens the skin. For instance, coconut oil body wraps help to moisten the skin, keeping it nourished and moistened.
All of these, while also containing antimicrobial properties that help the skin.
Other ingredients used to make body wraps include salt, ginger, Epson salt, cayenne pepper, and natural oils that detox the skin and remove cellulite to give you tighter and brighter skin.
This article contains answers to questions on how to use DIY body wraps for weight loss, detox, and cellulite removal.
Also, you will find recipes for making body wraps, and what to expect from using DIY body wraps.
Do DIY Body Wraps For Weight Loss Work
One of the most common reasons why people use the DIY body wrap method at home is that they are trying to lose weight quickly.
The question of whether there are pieces of evidence to support this is therefore inevitable.
According to the Journal Integrative Medicine Research, some pieces of evidence prove that using DIY body wraps for weight loss is effective.
A study surveyed abdominal fat in women who used clay body wraps in addition to aerobic exercise to lose weight, and the results were compared with other women who only used aerobic exercises for weight loss.
In the end, the study showed the group that used clay body wraps had less subcutaneous fat (the fat that is stored directly under the skin) after five weeks than those who did not.
Even though the body wrap was used along with aerobic exercises, the body wraps were found to improve rapid weight loss.
They also assisted in losing more inches along the waistline. When used twice weekly, the body wraps were also found to aid in losing abdominal fat.
However, dermatologist Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi cautions that usually, the weight-loss effect of body wraps is only temporary.
But you will look visibly thinner for a few days after a using a body wrap.
How to Use a Homemade Body Wrap Effectively
To get efficient results from a body wrap, you need to adhere to some necessary steps. One of such actions is that you must use natural ingredients in the process of making your homemade body wraps.
These are preferable, more effective, and cheaper than organic ones.
Another step is that you need to exfoliate your skin before application of the DIY body wrap for weight loss, detox, and cellulite removal.
This means that you should always get rid of dead skin cells before making use of a body wrap either for weight loss, detox, or getting rid of cellulite.
Exfoliation makes the body wrap work better and also improves the appearance of your skin. It aids the renewal of the skin cells and regenerates the skin.
There are a dozen great natural homemade scrubs you can use for exfoliating your skin. An example of these scrubs is the sugar and coconut oil scrub.
Sugar and Coconut oil Scrub Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 cup of organic sugar cane
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- Ten drops of orange essential oil
- 1/4 cup of sweet almond oil.
- Ten drops of lime
- Ten drops of lemon
- Start by mixing sugarcane and coconut
- Then, add the drops of lime, essential oil and lemon into the mixture and mix well
- Store in an airtight container.
How to Use the Scrub:
- Dampen affected body areas with warm water
- Then apply body scrub and scrub gently making circular movements
- Put the scrub on your skin for 10 minutes before rinsing off with water
- Afterward, use a clean towel to dry your skin
- For best results, exfoliate your skin with this scrub once or twice weekly before applying DIY body wraps for weight loss
How To Apply The DIY Body Wrap
Here are five steps to follow to apply a DIY body wrap correctly. With the details contained here, you are sure to get your expected results in no time.
1. Get Your Self Ready
Do this by choosing a calm and clean part of your house where you can apply the body wrap without distraction.
Once you have done this, spread a sheet on the floor because applying can get messy. If you like, you can also apply the dressing while in the shower because it is easier to clean.
2. Use The Homemade Solution
Now, spread the prepared solution on any body part of your choice or all over your body. You can start from your ankles and then work your way up to your stomach and other upper body parts.
You will require a person on standby to help with the wrapping as you cannot do it all by yourself. After applying, the mixture should feel a bit warm to your skin but not too hot.
You can reheat it before using it if necessary. This is to ensure that the thermal effect happens.
3. Wrap The Intended Area
Here, you should wrap the body parts you wish to work on with plastic wraps. Afterward, use a bandage to hold the wraps together, or if you like, tighten the dressing with metal clips to keep it together.
Allow the DIY body wrap to sit for about 40 to 60 minutes. During which you should ensure that you keep your body warm by moving around a little or performing low impact exercise moves.
You can also cover yourself using a blanket to retain your body warmth.
5. Rinse It Off
After an hour, rinse the wrap off by taking a shower. Then, gently rub and massage the skin.
DIY Body Wraps For Weight Loss, Detox, And Cellulite Removal
Here, we will be talking about different homemade body wraps for cellulite removal, detox, and weight loss.
These body wraps are easy to make and are very affordable, allowing you to save some money.
1. DIY Body Wraps For Weight Loss
For this recipe, the most important ingredients are Green tea and Bentonite clay. Some studies show that when combined with belly fat removing exercises, bentonite clay can help to reduce body fat drastically.
Also, green tea helps to detoxify the skin and improve elasticity while reducing inflammation.
- 1 cup of Bentonite clay
- 2 cups of green tea powder
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- Pour and mix all ingredients into a bowl using a plastic or wooden spoon to form a paste lotion, do not use a metal spoon because it will react with the bentonite
- Now, apply the mix to affected body parts and use plastic to wrap it tightly
- Use wrap twice weekly to lose weight.
2. DIY Body Wrap For Detox
A combination of bentonite clay, apple cider vinegar, essential oils is needed for making a DIY body wrap for detoxifying the body.
There is various evidence online that supports the use of DIY body wraps to get toxins out of your body. Doctors from WebMD recommend that plastic body wraps are an effective way to detoxify the body.
Although there are no proofs of the wrap’s effect on the kidney and liver, it still works to detoxify the body.
- Enough drops of water to make the paste
- 1 cup of bentonite clay
- 1 cup of raw apple cider vinegar
- 8 drops of Lavender essential oil
- Pour all the ingredients except water into a plastic or wooden bowl and mix
- Now, add water to the mix till it forms a thick paste
- Apply the paste to your skin and then wrap tightly with plastic wraps to help detoxify the skin
- Apply twice weekly until you achieve the desired effect.
3. DIY Body Wraps for Cellulite
To get rid of cellulite affecting your skin, this DIY body wrap uses seaweed powder, which contains anti-aging properties. A study finds that applying seaweed powder topically boosts skin elasticity and improves your look.
Dr. Melissa Conrad Stöppler advises that
DIY body wraps for cellulite can help to reduce the retention of fluid in your body and repair the appearance of the parts of your skin formerly affected by cellulite.
- 2 cups of warm coffee
- 1 cup of Seaweed powder
- 3 tablespoons of almond oil
- Pour all ingredients into a glass or wooden bowl and mix till it forms a paste
- Then apply the paste to your thighs and buttocks
- Using plastic wraps, wrap the body parts tightly and wait for an hour to sweat it out
- Wash off by taking a shower
- Use this method twice weekly for one month to improve your skin.
Remember always to follow your instinct when it comes to your health, beauty, and overall well-being. Listen to what your body is telling you before, during, and after applying the DIY body wrap.
Then improve your recipe with every new application.
Don’t forget to share your experience with others in the comment section below. Sharing this beauty secret is also really appreciated.