Exercises For Smaller Waist- With a combination of diet and exercises, it is possible to get a smaller waist, bigger hips, and a flat stomach. Although getting these three goals at the same time will take a significant level of hard work and commitment, it can be done.
If you once had a flat stomach and a smaller waist at some point but have been robbed of this, it is possible that stress and having a bad eating habit caused this.
These habits affect and change our body structure in many ways, but with the right amount of dedication, you can get your body back.
To get the dream body, 60% of this depends on what diet you are following. Whatever you do, make sure that your calorie intake is not more than 1200 calories per day.
The next 30% of your hourglass figure depends on the type of exercise you are following. You have to individually focus on every part of the body along with both aerobic, cardio and yoga exercises.
The last 10% hinges on your body getting enough rest. Ensure that you get a good long 6 – 8 hours of sleep daily.
According to WebMD,
Sleep has been proven to improve your metabolism and boost weight loss. Getting a good 6-8 hours of sleep every day can help you beat genetics to get a smaller waist.
Some other tips for a hourglass figure are:
- Avoid alcohol;
- Do not smoke too much (preferably at all);
- Count your calories (so you don’t exceed 1200 calories per day);
- Reduce salt and sugar intake.
Exercises for Smaller Waist, Bigger Hips, and Flat Stomach
Are you looking to get an hourglass figure that will turn heads in your direction? We have got you covered!
Although it is not easy battling against genetics to achieve your body goals, adequate exercises combined with lifestyle changes and dietary modifications, offer you a way to do so.
Keep reading for workout moves that target the hip/waist area and give you the body of your dreams.
How These Exercises Work
The workouts in this article use your body weight to work your abdominal muscles and torch calories during and after a workout. They trim and slim your waist so that you are left with a smaller waist.
1. Goblet Squats
This is a variation of the favorite squat move. Goblet Squat move is a strength training exercise that is great for sculpting small waist.
Apart from this, the movement helps to slim your waist and achieve fuller hips while working adequately to tone your stomach. This workout is alternatively known as the Kettlebell Squat because it requires a kettlebell to perform.
How To Do It:
- Start by standing with your legs hip-width apart.
- Then, hold a kettlebell by the horns close to your chest with both hands.
- Then, squat down until you feel your hamstrings burning in your calves. Ensure that your head and chest are kept up, and your back is straight.
- Stay in this bottom position for 15 seconds before using your elbow to push out your knees.
- Return to start position to finish one rep.
- Do 15-20 reps according to your ability.
2. Side Lunge
The side lunge is a powerful exercise that can help you achieve your hip size goal. It works the muscles of your hips and helps to activate your gluteal muscles.
While making this move, remember to keep your back and upper body straight always. Also, do not bend your knees too much while doing it.
How To Do It:
- Begin by standing upright with your toes turned out slightly and hands clasped together in front of you.
- Keep your right leg firmly placed on the ground and take a full step to your left with your left foot.
- From here, lower yourself while planting your left foot till your left foot is parallel to the ground.
- Ensure that your abs and glutes are kept tight as they will be used to push back to start position.
- Repeat the move on your other leg to finish one rep.
- Do three sets of 10 reps.
3. Parallel Reaches
Parallel reaches a powerful and effective exercise that helps you achieve a smaller waist, bigger hips, and a slimmer tummy. It also helps to work the lower abdominal and gluteal muscles and gets them sculpted.
Note: This exercise requires balance. If you can not seem to find balance, use a chair or table as support until you can perform the move by yourself.
How To Do It:
- Start by standing straight and put all your body weight on your left foot with your right foot slightly off the ground.
- Slowly bring yourself forward with your upper body while keeping your left leg parallel to the ground.
- Maintain this position for 10 seconds before raising your body while lifting your right thigh and squeezing your abs tightly.
- Go back to start position and repeat the move for as long as you can before switching legs.
4. Bicycle Crunches
Another favorite exercise for achieving your body goals is the bicycle crunch move. It is both a cardio move and an ab burning move.
The bicycle crunches move is a useful exercise that not only sculpts your lower body but also maintains your health since the torso twist and alternating knee raise gets your heart rate up and pumping faster.
Also, this move works your entire ab wall to fire up your abs and tone them, getting you in great shape.
How To Do It:
- Start by lying on your back with your face up and keep your knees and hips bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Make sure your legs are parallel to the ground and place your fingers beside your forehead.
- Now, raise your shoulders a little off the floor and hold them up.
- From this point, twist your upper body to the left and pull in your left knee as fast as possible simultaneously.
- Ensure that your left knee touches your right elbow and stretch out your right knee at the same time.
- Return to start position and repeat the move on the other side to finish one rep.
- Do three sets of 10 reps of the move.
5. Kneeling Squats
The kneeling squat is excellent for working your butt and waist. It is a variation of the popular squat exercise that is known for being effective in sculpting more full hips and bigger butts.
The kneeling squat move works your gluteal muscles, your hamstrings, and quadriceps. Since the gluteal muscles are mostly responsible for performing this move, it is a guaranteed quick way to get more full hips and bigger butts.
How To Do It:
- To start, get into a kneeling position and place your knees at shoulder-width apart with your feet straight.
- Keep your back and spine in a straight line and a neutral position and tighten your torso.
- From here, sit back towards your heels to get your gluteal muscles engaged and ensure you do not let go of your hold.
- With the same gluteal muscles, push yourself back to start position to complete one rep.
- For great results, do three sets of 10 reps.
6. Side Leg Lift
The side leg lift workout is useful for toning, working, and strengthening the muscles in your abs and the muscles around your hips.
It also helps to build hip muscles which leave your hips looking bigger and working the abdominal muscles helps to flatten your stomach and trim your waist.
How To Do It:
- Start by lying on your right side with your legs outstretched and placed on one another.
- Bend your right arm at the elbow and rest your head on the bent arm. Your elbow should be placed directly under your shoulder.
- Then, stretch your left arm and place it t rest on your left leg.
- Here, lift your leg till it is at a 45-degree angle and bring it down to the restive position it was.
- Repeat the move ten more times before taking a 10 seconds break.
- Then, switch your body position, so you are lying on your left side and repeat the move on your left leg.
7. Russian Twist
No exercise for achieving a smaller waist regimen is complete without the Russian twist exercise.
It is one of the practical exercises for getting a smaller waist, bigger hips, and flatter stomach as it slims and tones the muscles around the waist while rapidly burning fat deposited around your midsection.
This gives you the best hourglass body you have been looking for. By working on getting a smaller size, your hips look fuller and more desirable.
How To Do It:
- Start by sitting on the floor with your knees bent, and feet placed flat on the floor.
- Then, recline a little to the back till your body forms a V-shape from your thighs and torso at a 45-degree angle.
- While still bent, straighten your back and spine and clasp your fingers together tightly in front of you. Raise your legs a bit off the ground.
- Now, rotate your upper body as far as you can to the left while your leg is still off the floor.
- Maintain the position for 10 seconds before rotating your body to the right.
- Also, maintain this pose for 10 seconds to complete one rep.
- Do 15 reps of the Russian twist.
8. Lying Hip Thrusts
The hip thrust is a perfect exercise move for females. It is useful for shaping the waist and is a great exercise move for achieving a smaller waist.
The hip thrust works your glutes and lower back muscles to give them strength and shapen your glutes. It is excellent for improving curves and achieving a smaller waist.
How To Do It:
- Get into a start position by lying on your back; making sure your knees are bent and feet placed firmly on the ground.
- Relax your neck and push your lower back into the floor.
- Now, place your hands on either side of your body with your fingers pointing towards your lower body.
- From here, bring up your hips as high as you can go while still keeping your feet and shoulders on the floor.
- Keep the distance between your shoulder and knee in a straight line. Also, make sure to squeeze your butt cheeks together tightly when raising your hips.
- Lower your hips back to start position to finish one rep.
- Do 12 reps as a beginner and increase the number of reps as you get used to making a move.
Planks are a popular exercise that is the favorite of many fitness enthusiasts. They have been argued to be one of the best workouts for a trimmer waist and flat stomach.
It is well known for working on your core to help you tone your abdominal and entire core muscles. This exercise can be performed at home since it requires no equipment.
How To Do It:
- Start by lying on the ground or an exercise mat with your face down, and your legs stretched out.
- Keep your elbows bent and placed directly under your shoulders.
- Then, intertwine your fingers, so your hands are clasped, place your feet at hip-width apart, and your elbows should be shoulder-width apart.
- Tighten your abs and tuck in your toes to use it to bring your body up.
- Ensure that your forearms stay firmly on the ground with your body at a straight line from your head to heels.
- Maintain this position for 60 seconds or until you can not hold the pose anymore.
- Repeat the move five more times.
10. Cardio Exercises
Cardio exercises are a great way to lose weight fast. They are useful and are some of the best exercises for a smaller waist that you should try. Cardio moves like climbing the stairs and hill or rock climbing help to target your ab and hips while toning your leg in the process.
We advise that you do about 150 minutes of cardio exercises weekly. Apart from being a great exercise move, they are a great way to get your body going before doing significant exercises.
Cardio also boosts your hips and gives you a reduced waistline. You can start doing the cardio moves small and gradually increase the pace as the weeks go by.
With these exercises for a smaller waist, getting bigger hips, a flat stomach is possible.
When combined with diet and healthy lifestyle habits, these exercises give you the fitness goal you’ve been craving. Although achieving these goals might start hard, if you have the dedication and hard work, you are sure to get the job done.
We also advise that you follow a strict diet as this can help you get your goals faster. You can try detoxing while also following a healthy diet plan to speed up the process of losing weight and trimming your lower body the way you want it.