Exercises To Get Rid Of Cellulite On Buttocks and Thighs – If you want to get rid of cellulite, it is highly crucial for you to have solid knowledge about it. There are a ton of reasons why cellulite appears on the body, some of such are poor diet and lifestyle choices, genetic predisposition, hormonal reasons, age and so on.
In fact, I particularly wrote this article to enlighten women on the several exercises to get rid of cellulite Women will also learn other ways to get rid of cellulite to keep their skin beautiful and always glowing.
The appearance of cellulite on the body is as a result of several causes. Before going on, let us first consider what cellulite actually is.
Best Exercises to Get Rid of Cellulite on Buttocks and Thighs Fast
What is cellulite? Cellulite is a fat deposit that appears just below the skin, typically in the lower pelvic region and the abdomen. Most women experience cellulite on their buttocks because it is a part of the body where a big portion of fat lies.
This is why a lot of them have to do the cover-up while wearing swimsuits or bikinis. While men experience this unpleasant situation, it is more prevalent with the female folk.
In fact, according to a recent paper from Cornell University, up to 98% of women have to a certain degree some amount of cellulite.
The sad news is that it doesn’t matter if you are carrying some extra pounds or if you are skinny.
Learn how to lose extra pounds fast here.
- Diet- too much of carbohydrate and fat
- Hereditary- slow metabolism or poor circulation
- Lifestyle – People that do not like exercise
- Hormone-like thyroid, estrogen, and prolactin
The good news, however, is that it can be not just reduced but gotten rid of. And you may not have to pay to get it removed. With these simple exercises, you can get rid of unwanted cellulite. On the other hand, your body also becomes firmer and leaner.
There are plenty of exercises that treat this issue, however, we offer you some simple exercises to get rid of cellulite on buttocks and thighs.
Read More: How to Lose Thigh fat at Home
Exercises To Get Rid Of Cellulite On Buttocks And Thighs
Using exercises to get rid of cellulite is one of the oldest tricks in the book (don’t ask me which). If you are overweight, regular exercising helps you to lose weight and in turn cellulite.
There are so many exercises to get rid of cellulite. These cellulite workouts target the cellulite-prone regions( thigh, back of bum, and leg) of the body.
They help to get rid of cellulite on buttocks and thighs fast. If done well and combined with a healthy lifestyle, they are very effective in getting rid of cellulite.
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for this workout. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
1. Single-Leg Dead Lift
What You’ll Need: Dumbells, A light workout gear, A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding one lighter weight in the left hand with your palms turned toward your body and weights resting on thighs.
- Then, lift left your leg a couple of inches off the floor to start. Hinge forward from hips, lowering torso toward the floor and extending weights down close to legs as you extend straight right leg behind you until your body forms a ‘T-Shape’.
- Gently return to start. Do 15 reps.
2. Plie Squat Into Sidekick
- Stand with your feet a little wider than hip-width apart and turn your toes out.
- Lower into a squat, placing your hands on your hips.
- Lower into a squat, placing your hands on your hips.
- Stand up, shifting the weight into your left leg, and lift your right leg off the floor.
- Kick your right leg out to the side, trying to get it parallel to the floor.
Bring your leg back in and down, returning to the squat position. That’s one rep. Do as many as you can in 30 seconds, then repeat with your left leg.
3. Simple Squats
What You’ll Need: dumbbells, A light workout gear, A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
- Nothing helps you get rid of cellulite and fat burning more than a few of these every day.
- Using a 10-20-pound weight, assume the squatting position.
- Let your legs stand slightly wider than hip-width, sink into your heels and sit back (like you would into a chair) keeping a proud chest and your back straight.
- Hold the weight at heart-level or if using dumbbells, on the outside of your legs.
- Complete 3 sets of 20 squats daily.
This will help target all the trouble spots. Use this exercise to get rid of cellulite on buttocks and thighs and get that more defined upper legs.
4. Bulgarian Split Squat
- Put a chair (preferably, a heavy one) behind you and stand upright, placing your hands on the side and on your waist.
- Stretch your left leg behind you and place your foot on the chair.
- Slowly go down squatting.
- Then come back up again slowly. Do 15 reps.
Repeat the same action with your right leg.
5. Mountain Climbers
- Start by standing and bending over forward. Then, place your hands on the mat (or floor) and slide your legs back.
- This brings you to the plank position.
- Rapidly move your left knee forward as close to your chest as you can and then take it back.
- Repeat this on your right side as well.
- Now bring the left knee out to your left side toward your armpit.
- Bring your leg back so that you are in the plank position and repeat this movement on the right side.
Once you have gone through all of the four movements, stand up. Drop down and repeat at very quickly.
6. Step Ups
- While the workout gear for step ups seems to have passed, the effectiveness of this exercise has definitely not.
- To do this properly, Put together an aerobic step or create your own.
- Just make sure you are stepping up at least 1-2 feet in the air.
- Holding 10-20 pound dumbbells at your sides, keep your chest out, back straight and step up with your right foot.
- Bring your left foot to meet the right then step down and repeat.
Complete 3 rounds of 30 step ups.
7. Single-Leg Hip Raise
- Lie face up on the floor with your left knee bent and your right leg straight.(Your right leg should be in line with your left thigh.)
- Now try to make your stomach as skinny as possible and hold it that way.
- Squeeze your glutes and raise your raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. (Your left leg should stay elevated the entire time.)
- Pause for 2 seconds, as you keep your tummy tight and continue to squeeze your glutes.
- Then lower back to the starting position and repeat. Note that Your torso and hips should move as one unit. So, the arch in your lower back should remain the same from start to finish.
This way, you’re primarily doing the work with your glutes, not your lower back and hamstrings. This is a proven exercise to get rid of cellulite on buttocks and thighs.
8. Scissors Press
What You’ll Need: Exercise band, A light workout gear, A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
- To do this exercise you will need an elastic exercise band.
- Start by lying on your back and loosely tie your band just above your knees.
- Extend both legs straight up in the air, over your hips.
- Then, spread your legs wide enough that the band becomes taut.
- From this position, slowly open your legs wider until the tension of the band becomes too strong to continue doing so.
- Pause for 3 seconds at this point, then release and repeat.
9. Squat Jumps
This is one of the best exercises to get rid of cellulite on buttocks and thighs plus toning your Legs and Bums.
- Keeping your back straight, sit with hands on your head & feet kept apart.
- Now, jump up and get back to the starting position.
- Try to perform at least 3 sets of 15 exercises.
- While doing this exercise, tighten your abdominal muscles so that you can balance yourself while you’re jumping and landing on your toes.
Read Also: Best Exercises to Prevent Lower Back Pain
Use all of the above tips as well as exercises to get rid of cellulite. As I always advise, consult a doctor for professional advice on how to reduce cellulite at home.
Professional advice also ensures that you do engage in anti-cellulite exercises that are best for you. Now, with these exercises, you can be assured that you would have gotten rid of cellulite before you know it. Remember that it only takes a bit of hard work and some determination.
Get to work now and do not procrastinate, Use these Exercises to get rid of cellulite on buttocks and thighs today!
Don’t forget to leave your feedback in the comments section.