Most women’s breasts have undergone several changes owing to pregnancy, weight loss, aging, and breastfeeding. However, this is not without remedy, especially when you adhere to a good exercise routine to enhance and tone the breast muscles. With these workouts, you’d be able to lift sagging breasts.
Breast Sagging, also called ptosis, is a natural condition that occurs as a result of aging. However, the rate at which the breasts drops can be influenced by a number of factors
Here are few exercises to lift sagging breasts put together for you. And these exercises are good to go anytime. It can also be practiced at home.
The following exercises won’t reset the clock on your breast size and shape especially after childbirth. But they can help you to build up your upper body muscles and improve the appearance of your breasts without having surgery.
You are not building breast tissue with these exercises or any exercises, you are building muscle tissue. The breast themselves are not muscle, they are fat tissue and glands.
Building the pectoral muscles under the breasts will only help lift the breasts and fill them out to a degree, It firms your saggy breast as well, enhancing your body shape and naturally flaunts your assets.
Causes of Sagging Breast
- Smoking Cigarette
- Number of pregnancies
- A higher body mass index
- A significant increase in weight or loss of weight.
- A larger bra cup size.
To ensure effectiveness in lifting the breasts from the saggy level to a standard position, consistency is highly needed.
Many people have been led to falsely believe that there is a close correlation between breastfeeding and sagging breast.
According to Dr. Rinker’s research, there are many key factors, which we have listed above. Extensive cigarette smoking breaks down a protein in the skin, known as elastin.
Elastin is responsible for giving youthful skin its elastic appearance. It is also known to support the breast.
Also, the number of pregnancies was strongly related to ptosis. As most women get older, it’s a natural occurrence for the breast to yield to gravity resulting in sagging
This occurrence is more visible in women with large breasts. A significant weight gain or loss was also discovered to contribute to sagging.
Other factors worth mentioning were a higher body mass index and a larger bra cup size.
Exercises to Lift Sagging Breasts and Tone Breasts at Home!
Kindly note that these exercises will not turn your pair of C cups into double Ds. They are only great ways to make a falling breast firm.
All these exercises to tone and lift sagging breasts all mainly target your pectoral muscles. Some of them might work other muscle groups especially your shoulder’s but the chest ones are our main concern here.
There are no “strict rules” with the exercises outlined below and you can do them several times a week or even every day – you don’t need to do all of them at once, but you can choose a few and alternate between them so you have more variety.
In the directions, you can see how many repeats for each exercise.
1. Reverse Dumbbell Fly:
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent.
- Position your hands, palms facing each other, in front of your thighs with elbows slightly bent.
- Lean forward 45 degrees from your hips.
- Keeping elbows bent, squeeze your shoulder blades together and raise your elbows to shoulder height.
- Lower the weights.
2. Wall Pushups:
Wall pushups are a variation of the classic floor push up and just as effective, especially as exercises to lift sagging breasts. Correct form and placement of arms can help prevent injuries.
- Face the wall with your arms extended straight ahead at the shoulders and your head straight. For proper weight distribution and alignment, do not widen the arms position.
- Lean forward and rest palms flat on the wall.
- Push your body toward the wall, bending your arms and toes until you are almost touching the wall with your face.
- Return to your starting position to rest.
- Do eight repetitions.
3. Dumbbell Butterflies:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or lie on your back on a stability ball with your feet planted on the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand while extending your arms out to the sides; keep a soft bend in your elbows.
- Raise the dumbbells up until your hands meet above the center of your chest.
- Lower with control until your chest is open and your arms are fully extended again. Do eight to 16 butterflies, three times each week.
Read Also: 8 Exercise That Will Burn Inner Thigh Fat
This belongs to the rank of simple exercises to lift sagging breasts. All you have to do is simply flop your belly down and push yourself right back up using your arms.
These push up is not the easiest exercise to do, but they will build the muscles behind the breast tissue, thus giving your breast a bit of a boost. This exercise for lifting sagging breast will make the muscle toned too.
5. Chest Squeeze with a Medicine Ball:
- Sit up straight on a chair and make sure that your back is straight and your stomach is tensed.
- Hold a medicine ball at chest level and squeeze the ball to contract the chest.
- While squeezing the ball, slowly straighten the arms, taking the ball straight out in front of you until the arms are straight.
- Keep a steady pressure on the ball throughout the movement.
- Bring the ball back towards the chest and repeat for 1-3 sets of 10 reps.
6. Chest Press:
The Chest Press can be done on an exercise bench, or floor mat, and requires 2 dumbbells. Laying on your back with your head resting on the bench/floor hold the dumbbells in each hand.
Your upper arms should be pointing out away from the body, and parallel to the floor. Your forearms should be pointing towards the ceiling with your palms facing forward.
Whilst exhaling push the dumbbells upwards until your arms are straight and the dumbbells meet. Inhale and slowly bring your arms back to the starting position. Do 8-16 reps and 1-3 sets with a 30-second break between sets, depending on your fitness levels.
7. Lightweight Bench Press:
Bench press using lightweight targets those muscles on your chest which is responsible for pushing your breasts forward. It works better if the bench is slightly inclined.
To do it correctly, bring the weight bar all the way down to your chest and lift it and then slowly lower it down to your chest and lift again. Use only that much weight that you are comfortable with.
- Another exercise that can help you achieve your goal of lifting sagging breasts is squats.
- Squats are a type of strength-training exercise.
- It’s a great type of exercise if you are trying to lift your breasts because it increases your muscle mass.
- The more muscle mass you have, the perkier your breasts will be
- In order to achieve optimal results, be sure to do at least 3 sets of 15 repetitions of the squats each day.
Additional Routines To Firm Breasts
Yes, you heard that right. Swimming is one of the great exercises to lift sagging breasts. It burns a lot of calories and adds more beauty and shape to your chest. You should get into a pool and start swimming.
This might surprise you, but yoga is one of the best exercises to lift sagging breasts. There are some yoga routines like the triangle pose, standing forward pose, cobra pose and a host of others that are effective in lifting your breast and giving them a nice shape.
You should embrace yoga if you want to lift your sagging breast.
READ ALSO: 15 Best Exercises to Reduce Breast Size and Sagging Quickly
A sagging breast is a natural occurrence that is visible as women get older. Also, you need to avoid some everyday habits that can contribute to a sagging breast if you want to maintain that firm breast.
However, you can always get your breast to good shape by adding these exercises to lift sagging breasts to your daily routines.