Exercises To Get Rid of Inner Thigh Fat- Today, one of the standards for measuring physical beauty in women is the thigh gap. The thigh gap is the space that appears between your thighs when placed together.
When thigh gaps don’t appear, it means that you have excess fat storage in your inner thigh, hence the need for these fat-blasting exercises.
For women, their hormones make fat to be more likely stored in their hips, buttocks, or thigh region. This is advantageous in that it provides physiological support during the childbirth and breastfeeding process.
However, the downside to this is that fat stored does not go away easily. Often, after the childbearing process, the fat is left behind in their inner thighs, making it hard to achieve the thigh gap that is used to measure beauty.
Apart from this process, only ladies who have genetically slender body type with little body fat and wide hips do not have excessive inner thigh fat. However, doing fat-melting workouts to get rid of inner thigh fat can guarantee the banging body you desire.
Such exercise will tone up and strengthen the muscles of your legs, and when paired with others that work your entire body, you are guaranteed to live a healthier life that is fat-free.
Read Also: 5 Effective DIY Face Mask for Acne, Scars, Anti-Aging, Glowing Skin, and Soft Skin
Tips To Getting Rid Of Inner Thigh Fat
Before we get into exercises to get rid of inner thigh fat, it is essential to note that for best results, exercises must be paired with certain changes in your lifestyle.
This way, you can consistently maintain a healthy body, and you do not have to keep fighting to melt excess fats. We recommend adhering to the following tips:
1. Watch your salt intake
Studies show that salt makes the body retain excess water. This causes bloating, which can affect every part of your body, including your hips, thigh, and legs. So, the more salt you consume, the more likely you are to get fat because water gets stored in your body instead of being filtered out by your kidneys.
Cutting back on your salt intake requires that you reduce consumption of fast foods and other processed foods like sauces, canned veggies, and soups, which are often packed full of sodium.
2. Reduce Carbs
People on low-carb diets tend to lose more weight than those who take a lot of carbs in. This is because your body transforms all the carbs you ingest into glycogen, which is stored with water in your liver and muscles.
This means that the more carbs you eat, the more water your body stores, causing bloating. When you get on a low-carb diet, most of the weight you lose in the process is a result of excess water stored in the body.
A minimum of 80-100 grams is the recommended daily intake of carbs. However, depending on your height, weight, and activity level, you may need more than that in your diet.
We do not advise that you skip whole-grains altogether, seeing that they are an excellent source of iron, magnesium, phytonutrient, folate, and antioxidants. Still, we will suggest that you reduce your daily intake of carbs.
If you love carbs so much, we also suggest that you visit a nutritionist for more instructions on achieving a low-carb diet.
3. Drink More Water
Yes, water! Drinking more water aids losing fat because the more water you drink, the more your body can flush out excess salt and fluids in your body, hence reducing bloating.
Also, when you do not drink enough water, your body tries to retain the little amount of water you take in, which leads to bloating and, consequently, more fat.
Apart from this, water helps to curb your appetite and creates the illusion that you are full so you don’t overeat. It also wards off dehydration, which makes you think you are hungry. Take at least 8 cups of water daily or 2-3 liters of water if the weather is hot or you are exercising outside.
4. Fibre and Protein Are Best
For everything you consume, ensure that they are packed full of fiber and protein. This is because both macronutrients help to improve weight loss as they get you full on lower calories. That is, you don’t get to take more calories to get full.
Protein especially helps to build lean muscles that improve the way your leg and body look. Make sure to consume at least 30-35 grams of fiber and 80-100 grams of protein daily. This can be sourced from lean meats, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
5. Track Your Meals
We advise that you pay close attention to your meals. That is keeping a daily record of the food you eat. This way, you can account for everything that goes into the mouth and is more intentional in your weight loss journey.
Apps like MyFitnessPal can help you automatically analyze the food you eat, but the traditional pen and paper method also works fine.
Apart from this, tracking your meals also require that you plan them. As often as possible, stick to a routine of pre-planned meals so that when it gets hard to follow your weight-loss track, you can put yourself in check.
8 Fat-Blasting Exercises To Get Rid Of Inner Thigh Fat Fast
This is our list of best exercises to help you melt inner thigh fat away. These exercises have been proven to work fast to help you achieve amazing results in just 1-2 weeks of doing them.
1. Leg Stretch
This is a simple exercise that works your entire leg. It works to get the blood circulating properly, which helps to reduce fat stored in your inner thigh.
- Sit straight on the floor with your legs placed together and stretched.
- Then, move your leg apart slowly as far as it can go.
- Take a deep breath and bend towards your left till you touch the toes of your left leg with both hands.
- Now, try to touch your left knee with your head. Relax and stay in this position for five seconds.
- Lift your head slowly and bring your hands to touch each side of your pelvis.
- Make sure to keep breathing steadily while making the moves.
- Repeat the stretch on your right side; this is one rep.
- Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
2. Medicine Ball Side Lunge
As the name implies, this exercise requires a medicine ball to perform it.
- Get into a start position by standing with your feet wider than hip-width distance.
- Now, hold the medicine ball with both hands at chest level. Beginners can try this move without a medicine ball.
- Take a step to the right and squat down on your right leg. Bo this by bending your knee and bringing your body down until your right thigh is close to the floor.
- Ensure that your toes are pointed forward, and your right knee is in line with your right ankle.
- Also, keep the medicine ball close to your chest, ensuring it is properly aligned to your right shoulder, elbow, and hip while squatting.
- With your right leg, push back to your starting position. Switch legs.
- Do 2 sets of 10-15 reps on each leg.
3. Curtsy Lunge
Unlike the medicine ball side lunge, the curtsy lunge requires no equipment. But, you can hold kettlebells in both hands for even more intensity. It is an intensive exercise that works all of your lower body and melts inner thigh fat quickly.
- Start by standing with your feet at a wide stance apart.
- With your chest upright and shoulders down, cross your right leg behind your left and squat down to go into a curtsy position.
- In this position, push your body back up by bringing your right leg back to start position.
- Repeat the move on your left leg.
- Perform 10-15 reps on each leg.
4. Scissor Kick
This is one of our favorites workouts to get rid of inner thigh fat. It works the muscles in your buttocks and thighs, helping you achieve slimmer and well-toned butts and thighs.
- Lie straight on the floor or an exercise mat.
- Hold your head up by placing the palms of your hand behind your head. Be careful not to apply too much pressure to your head to avoid putting a strain on your neck.
- Now, slowly lift your legs towards the ceiling and keep them straight.
- Vertically move your legs apart, bring them back together, and move them vertically apart again.
- Do 10-15 reps.
Although a good exercise for burning inner thigh fat, we recommend that you only do the squat after you have lost a substantial amount of fat in your thighs. This is because squatting helps to build and carve muscles, and building muscles without first losing fat can result in your thighs looking bigger.
- Keep your upper body straight and stand with y0ur shoulders relaxed and legs apart with your toes pointing forward.
- Take a deep breath and slowly bring your buttock down t go into a sitting position. Remember to keep your upper body straight.
- Stay in this position for 5-10 seconds before repeating the move ten times.
6. Plie Squat
The plie squat is a variation of the squat move. It also sculpts muscles and should only be done after losing a lot of fat in your thighs.
- Start by standing with your feet in a wide stance, keeping your toes and knees pointed out.
- Then, slowly bring your body into a squat position. For balance, you can keep your hands on your hips.
- Also, ensure that you keep a straight back while making this move.
- Rise back up slowly and squeeze your glutes when you get to the top.
- Repeat the move 10-15 times.
7. Supine Inner Thigh Lift
The supine inner thigh lift targets the muscles in your leg and especially works to melt the fat in your inner thigh
- Start by lying on your back and keeping your abs engaged.
- Then, place your hands flat on the floor on both sides and raise both legs to the ceiling keeping your feet flexed.
- With your legs still in a raised position and foot flexed, lower the left leg to the side as far as you can without lifting your right hip from the ground.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds before bringing your left leg back to the starting position.
- Squeeze both legs together at the top before repeating the move on your right leg.
- Do 15 reps on both legs.
8. Air Cycling
Air cycling is an effective exercise for losing inner thigh fat. It also works your pelvic and knee joints, achieving a healthy lower body.
- Lie flat on your back with your eyes fixed in the ceiling.
- Now, lift your legs to a 90-degree angle and start moving them as if you are cycling forward.
- Keep doing this for one minute before slowly lowering your legs to relax.
- Then, raise your leg back up into a 90-degree angle and cycle backward for another one minute to complete one set.
- Do 5 sets of the move.
Cardio Exercises To Get Rid Of Inner Thigh Fat You Should Try
Cardio exercises can be very effective in getting rid of inner thigh fat. Using cardiovascular types of equipment such as a treadmill or stationary bike alongside doing the 8 fat-blasting exercises to get rid of inner thigh fat can go a long way in your fitness journey.
Doing half an hour for at least five days of the following moves can help you maintain healthy body weight and lose fat in your thighs too.
Although simple, running is an effective way to tone your legs, shape your thighs, and reshape your entire leg. It works to reduce the size of your thigh muscles by reducing excess fat in the area. Adding some bits of resistance or performing endurance running get the job done even faster!
While doing this, ensure that you maintain the correct posture to reduce the strain on the front of your thighs, known as the quadriceps.
This way, you avoid an increase in your thigh size, which would have made a move counterproductive. You can also try running on an incline because it burns fat than running on a flat surface.
2. Aerobic Exercises
Aerobic exercises such as running, dancing, climbing, etc. can help you burn fat in your inner thighs and body. They increase your heart rate and tone your thigh muscles, achieving the sexy legs you desire. Therefore, for a good result, do at least 45 minutes of aerobic exercises daily, five days a week.
3. Resistance Training
For even better results, resistance training is your go-to option! Also known as strength training, resistance training is advisable after losing some weight. This is because it helps to sculpt your thighs and legs, leaving them in proper shape after losing weight.
Resistance training hardens the muscles in your thighs and makes them stronger and better defines. Also, it helps prevent an increase in the size of your thigh muscles.
Because resistance training can involve the use of weights, we recommend that you use moderate weights also to keep your thigh muscle size in check. However, if you have highly responsive muscles known as Mesomorphs, we do not recommend doing resistance training since your thigh muscles are already well sculpted.
As earlier said, inner thigh fat is common among women, especially if your body tends to store fat along your midsections.
However, you can reduce inner thigh fat by combining these exercises to get rid of inner thigh fat with the weight, as mentioned earlier, loss tips for the best results. Remember always to visit your doctor or fitness professional for more information.