Exercises to lose belly fat- Are you finding it difficult to fit into the little black number you have been eyeing? Is belly fat causing you troubles or sleepless nights?
If your answer to both questions is yes, it is a pointer that you need to take necessary steps, such as doing workouts to lose belly fat to achieve the body of your dreams.
The fact that belly fat is aesthetically unpleasant cannot be overstretched. It is also true that people with excess belly fat are more likely to have low self-confidence than people without it.
This is because belly fat usually does not look good and can affect your overall beauty. Apart from aesthetic reasons, belly fat can also pose a serious health risk that can affect your long-term health if it is not curbed quickly.
Belly fat or stomach fat or abdominal fat, when in excess, can cause serious health issues such as heart diseases, stroke, type II diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
Therefore, there is a need to tackle this problem as soon as possible so that you can stay healthy while looking good at every point. Although you can reduce belly fat by making adjustments to your diet, it is important to note that diet and exercise go side by side.
Dieting alone cannot burn excess fat, so you must also include at least one hour of exercises that target stomach fat to your daily workout routine.
This article contains 10 best workouts to lose belly fat fast. With these exercises, you will be able to reduce your waistline and remove belly fat in no time without any medical or surgical procedure.
How To Measure Belly Fat
As earlier said, scientific studies show that excess belly fat is unhealthy and can lead to several cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, you must know how to measure your belly fat periodically so that you can keep it in check.
Find the ways to measure your waistline to ascertain if your belly fat is normal or excess below:
1. Waist To Hip Ratio
Measure the widest area of your hip and the smallest area of your wrist. Then divide the measurements to get your waist-hip ratio. If your answer is 0.8 or above, then you have excess belly fat and are the risk of having cardiovascular diseases.
2. Body Mass Index (BMI)
Body Mass Index is the ratio of your weight in kilograms (kg) divided by the square of your height in meters (m). A BMI ratio in the 24.9 and 30 range indicates that you are overweight.
A BMI ratio is more than 30; then, you are obese. If you fall under any of these levels, you need to take quick action towards reducing your belly fat to stay healthy.
3. Waist Circumference
Using a tape, measure your waistline. Do this at the level of your navel. Make sure to breathe normally while taking this measurement. You are liable to get a chronic heart disease if your waist size is more than 34 inches.
10 Best Fat Burning Exercises To Lose Belly Fat In 7 Days
Try these 10 simple exercises to lose belly fat quickly and naturally. You can even do some at home or anywhere you are!
Crunches are top of our list of exercises to lose belly fat fast because nothing burns belly fat faster than this move. They are quick and effective because they work your abdominal muscles by putting pressure on them.
- Lie down flat on a mat or the floor with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Or, you can lift your legs at a 90-degree angle
- Then, lift your hands and place them behind your head; ensure that you are not putting pressure on your head
- Inhale deeply and exhale while lifting your upper torso off the floor
- Take another deep breath as you go back down and exhale as you come up, this is one rep
- Do 10 repetitions of this move to make one set
- Repeat two or three more sets for effective fat burning.
2. Rolling Plank Exercise
The rolling plank exercise is perfect for working your abdomen, hip, and lower back areas.
- Assume your position on the floor or a mat such that your elbows and knees are on the floor
- Lift your head so you are looking forward and your neck is in alignment with your spine
- Now, lift your knees so that you are supporting your legs on your toes
- Hold your knees in this plank pose for 30 seconds while contracting them, make sure you are breathing normally
- Move around for another 30 seconds while holding the plank pose
- Do 2-3 reps of this move.
3. Twist Crunches
This is different from the regular crunch exercise. It makes for an even more effective tummy exercise since you will be twisting your abdominal region.
- Lie on a mat or the floor and place your hands behind your head
- Then bend your knee just like the crunch move without your feet touching the floor
- In this variation, do not lift your upper torso. Instead, lift your right shoulder towards the left while keeping your left torso on the ground
- Alternate between both sides and lift your left shoulder towards your right while also keeping your right torso on the ground
- Do 10 reps of this exercise.
4. Bicycle Crunches
Although the name suggests that you may use bicycles, you do not need bicycles for this exercise. Bicycle crunches are perfect for losing fat around your abdominal area by applying pressure to the muscles in your stomach area.
- Lie flat on the ground or a mat while keeping your hands on both sides of your head
- Move your legs from the floor by bending them at the knees
- Then, move your right knee close to your chest and stretch your left leg as if you are moving away
- Repeat move on the left knee while also keeping your right leg away
- Continue doing this move as if you are paddling a bicycle
- Do 10 reps on both sides for 2 consecutive sets.
5. Knee Lift
The knee lift exercise helps you get rid of excess fat around your waistline. It reduces body fat by applying pressure to your abdomen.
- Stand straight with your feet firmly placed on the floor
- Now, lift your hands and keep them straight
- Bend your hand yo your elbow level and lift your right knee while pressing your left leg into the floor
- Lift your knee so that it touches your outstretched palm
- Perform the same move with the left knee
- Do 10-15 reps each for 3 consecutive times.
6. Stomach Vacuum
This exercise is most suitable for beginners as it is a low impact exercise. It focuses on your breathing instead of increasing your heart rate and works your stomach only.
- Get down on all fours on the floor by supporting your body with your hands and knees
- Take a deep breath to ensure that your abdomen is is loose
- Exhale while holding your abs tightly
- Hold your abs for 15-40 seconds
- Then, repeat the routine for 15 times for 3 consecutive sets.
Caution: People suffering from heart or lung ligament should avoid performing this exercise. Also, this exercise can only be performed on an empty stomach as it can cause indigestion.
7. Side to Side Bend
The side to side bend is great for burning belly fat that has accumulated around your waistline.
- Stand straight with your feet together and both hands at the sides
- With your legs firmly pressed to the floor, bend your body to the right as fat as it can go till you feel a strain on your left waist
- While in this position, keep your right hand on your right hip and raise your left-hand overhead
- Maintain this pose for 15 seconds before returning to your original position
- Now, bend left and repeat the procedure on your left
- You can increase the holding time to about 30 seconds as you go by.
8. Captain’s Chair
You will need a chair for this exercise. This move puts pressure on your stomach, making it an ideal exercise for burning belly fat.
- Sit on the chair with your spine straight and relax your shoulders
- Place both hands beside you with your palms facing downward on the chair beside your hips
- Inhale deeply and exhale
- As you exhale, bring both legs up by bringing your knees close to your chest
- Maintain this position for five seconds without bending forward or arching your back
- Bring your leg down slowly and repeat the move.
9. Leg Raise
The Leg Raise exercise gives you a flat belly and helps you tone your lower abdomen. It appears simple but is an effective exercise.
- Lie flat on the ground or a mat with your arms by your side palms down and your feet on the floor
- Then, raise your feet keeping your legs straight to the highest point
- Maintain this position until you feel the pressure build up in your abdomen
- Do 20-25 times for 3 consecutive sets.
Cardio exercises are a great way to lose belly fat fast. They are effective in burning calories and shedding excess flab from the body. They are also great for losing overall body fat.
Doing cardio regularly offers you healthy benefits such as reduction of stress, better sleep, an increase in lung capacity, and overall well-being. Cardio exercises that you can perform are Walking, Cycling, Swimming, Jogging, Running, etc.
To get the best of these exercises, you need determination and strict compliance with these exercises. If you follow these exercises, you will get your desired body and shape in no time. You do not even have to go to the gym or employ a personal trainer as they are completely easy to pull off.