How to Get Rid of Hip Fat- In women, the most common areas for fat deposition are the thighs, hips, arms, and belly. Naturally, a total body weight loss will equally lead to a fat reduction in these specific areas.
For a holistic body weight loss, it is best to combine cardiovascular activities, strength training, and a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables. But the question of how to get rid of hip fat still lingers even after weight loss.
It is essential to bear in mind that spot reduction is not possible. So, you shouldn’t expect that you can only work on reducing fat in your hips alone. As much as weight loss has to be total in all the parts of the body, you may only incorporate some exercises to tone your hips.
If you want to have perfectly curved, shaped, toned, and sculpted hips, check out the workouts in this post. These exercises will not only help to melt hip fat, but they will also give you the perfect hip shape you crave for.
How to Get Rid of Hip Fat- 6 Best Exercises
Squat exercises are popular workouts that work amazingly on the hips, butt, thighs, and stomach. This exercise will help the build-up of muscles around the hips, leaving the area well-defined and shaped.
Squats are a simple exercise regimen that you can do right in your home. To intensify the practice, you may decide to do squat exercises with some gyming weights like dumbbells and kettlebells. The steps below will help you to squat right.
- Begin in a standing position your feet hip-width apart
- Put your hands together and place in the middle of your chest
- Push your buttocks out to the back and bend down. Rest your weight on to your heels sit down like you are trying to sit in a chair.
- Make your thighs parallel to the ground and hold that position.
- Slowly go back up to your starting position.
- Repeat the “stand and bend” movement 10 to 20 times
Lunges are single-leg bodyweight exercises that work the hips, glutes, quads, hamstrings, core, and the hard-to-reach muscles of the inner thigh. These exercises can help strengthen the lower-body strength and improve endurance.
Lunges can be done freely without the use of weight, but weights are allowed. When talking about lunge exercises, they have several variations, but as far as you go down on lunges, you will tone your hip fat. This is how to do the basic lunge style:
- Begin by standing with feet shoulder-width apart
- Put your hands on your hips.
- Move afoot forward giving a space of about 0.5 m
- Keep your toes point forward.
- Drop your back knee, then bend your front knee at the same time in a slow and controlled movement.
- Go down till your front thigh is almost parallel to the ground.
- Then use the front thigh to push your body back up to the starting position.
- Change legs and repeat the same move on the second leg.
- Repeat as many times as you can.
3. Hip Raises
Still on how to get rid of hip fat using exercises! Here is another workout out that will help to melt hip fat and sculpt their look. Just as it sounds, hip raises will sure “raise” your hips for a more sexy appearance.
Hip raise exercises will surely be a great addition to the number of exercises you already have to shape up your hips. Read the instructions below to do your hips raises:
- Lie sideways on the ground placing your legs on top of each other.
- Rest your head on the arm closest to the floor. Put your upper arm on your hip.
- Straighten your legs completely and flex your foot
- Lift up the leg on top towards the ceiling and then return to the starting position slowly.
- Keep the upward and downward movement going to make 10 moves.
- Switch sides and repeat the same number of raises with the second leg.
4. Bridge Exercise
It is hard to give tips on how to get rid of hip fat (with exercises) without mentioning the bridge exercise. The bridge puts you in a perfect position to work the muscles of the legs, thighs, and hips.
Bridge exercises improve the posture, strengthens the lower body, and shapes the hips too. Here’s how you can do this exercise:
- Lie on the floor with your back to the ground.
- Bring your knees to a bend in front of your body at a 90-degree angle.
- Place your arms by your sides.
- Then, raise your hips into the air until your body is in a straight line declining from knees to head.
- Hold this position for a few seconds before slowly getting back to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 to 20 times or as necessary.
5. Leg Raise
Bring an end to your search on how to get rid of hip fat just by adding some leg raises to your exercise regimen. Leg raises target the muscles of the outer thighs, glutes, and hip flexors.
Increase your chances of sculpting your hips with this exercise. Just get on your fours and do some raises like this:
- Get on all fours, weight evenly balanced between your hands and knees.
- Lift your left leg out to the side.
- Kick back your leg diagonally behind you, bringing your heel toward the ceiling.
- Return your left knee to the floor and do 10 times before switching sides.
Plies are similar to squats, but they are not squats. Maybe the only similar attribute is the bending aspect. Both squats and plies, however, help tone your thighs, butt, and hips.
Include plies in your regular exercise routines, and you are just a few working out hours to those shapely hips.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Point your toes at a 45-degree angle away from your body.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Lower your body down, keeping your head, torso, and buttocks in a straight linear line from ceiling to ground.
- As you lower your body down, your knees should bend out away from your body.
- Go down as far as you can before slowly raising your body back up to the starting position
- Repeat as many times as necessary.
Exercises are great plans to work on your hip fat and bring an end to your worries of how to get rid of hip fat. Asides exercises, it is important to maintain a healthy eating habit and lifestyle.
And also, for the record, don’t ever try to be inconsistent with your workouts. You only get perfect and best results when you are faithful to your exercise routine.
Are you ready to flaunt your sexy and slim hips in your next bikini party? Then just start these exercises right away. Don’t ever get tired of them because they actually work. Let’s know your progress by commenting in the comment section.