Healthy Desserts Under 200 Calories- If you’re on a diet, you should be eating dessert. For one, depriving yourself of desserts is not sustainable.
When you deny yourself of sweets for too long, you may begin to crave it and then go overboard with trying to satisfy your cravings.
In the end, you will gain back whatever weight you have lost and may even gain more than you lost. This may prompt you to call the whole diet thing off and go back to square one.
On the contrary, allowing yourself to indulge in dessert on a regular may help you to start skipping the second and third helpings of your food. This is because you have to save room for your dessert treat.
As long as you don’t overindulge in dessert, this move could help to reduce your overall calorie intake and ultimately result in weight loss.
However, this does not mean that you should satisfy your cravings with whatever it desires. There is a need to set aside no more than 200 calories as your daily dessert quota. This also doubles as a tool for weight loss.
Your intake of calories should be portion-controlled and must contain all of the most satisfying and healthy nutrients. These include high-fiber carbs, protein, and a little bit of fat.
Read Also: 10 Fat Burning Snacks For Weight Loss To Lose 10 Pounds in 1 Month
Here are seven healthy dessert treats that fit the under 200 calorie description without being boring.
1. Sunshine Lollies
This sweet Lolli recipe is a combination of orange, satsuma, and carrot, making it a low-calorie treat that is very refreshing. They’re also vegan, gluten-free, and would be enjoyed by your kids!
It is one of the deliciously healthy desserts under 200 calories, as it contains just about 17 calories.
- Juice extracted from three large oranges
- 1 Orange zest
- Five large carrots
- One satsuma that has been peeled and chopped
- Grate carrots finely and place them in the middle of a clean tea towel/sheet
- Next, gather up the sheet, and squeeze the carrot juice into a jug or pitcher; discard the pulp afterward
- Add the orange juice and top it up with a little cold water if necessary to make up 360ml liquid
- Stir in the orange zest and satsuma pieces, if you are using them
- Pour into lolly molds and freeze overnight.
2. Slow Cooker Bananas Foster
Slow Cooker Bananas Foster is going to be loved by friends and families. Unlike the traditional recipe, this recipe cuts the butter and sugar. While combining honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, and a little rum extract with banana slices.
This takes the Slow Cooker Bananas Foster to an unprecedented new level. Each serving of this example of healthy desserts under 200 calories has just a little over 100 calories and only two grams of fat.
- One tablespoon of unrefined, melted coconut oil
- Five medium and firm bananas
- 3 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of 100% Rum Extract (optional)
- Add and combine coconut oil, honey, lemon and cinnamon to the slow cooker
- Slice banana into sizable bits
- Add slices of banana, toss gently to coat with honey mixture
- Cover and allow to cook on low for about two hours
- Then, add rum extract to bananas and stir it to combine
- Note: The minimum slow cooker size should be about 4 quarts.
If you would like the stovetop Method:
- Combine coconut oil, honey, lemon and cinnamon in a medium saucepan
- Then, add banana slices, toss gently to coat with honey mixture
- Cover the pan and allow to cook on low heat for approximately 30 minutes, or until heated through with bananas soft but not falling apart
- Lastly, add rum extract and stir to combine
- Enjoy alone or over favorite desserts.
3. Pink Grapefruit, Raspberry & Mint jellies
This refreshing dessert recipe is low in sugar and has a mint tisane base. It is set to a soft jelly with chunks of fresh fruit in it. This dessert contains about 38 calories.
- Five gelatine leaves
- 15g of roughly chopped fresh mint
- Two peeled, stoned and chopped peaches
- 100g of raspberries
- 1 pink grapefruit
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water
- Boil about one liter of water in a kettle and pour over the mint leaves after boiling
- Leave leaves to infuse for 5 mins and then strain it into a large jug
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the soaked gelatine and stir it into the hot mint mixture until dissolved
- Set aside to cool
- Then, peel it and pith from the grapefruit with a sharp knife
- Cut between the segments to release them while trying to reserve any juice content
- Cut the segments into about three pieces each
- Pour the grapefruit, raspberries, and peaches into six glasses
- Stir extracted grapefruit juice into the mint jelly
- Then pour it into the glasses and wait until the mix sets.
4. Slow Cooker Brown Rice Pudding
Slow Cooker Brown Rice Pudding is a family favorite. This is because of it’s deliciously creamy, subtly sweet taste. It also contains only natural sugars. Almost like eating Crème Brulee, except this recipe is without fat.
It’s one of the healthy desserts under 200 calories because it only contains natural and healthy fat with coconut milk as its primary source.
- 2/3 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of unrefined sweetener (other alternatives are honey and sucanat)
- 1 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 can of lite coconut milk
- one teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup raisins (optional)
- In a slow cooker, add rice, cinnamon, and sugar and stir to combine
- Next, add both kinds of milk and stir to combine
- Cover and leave to cook on low 3-4 hours or until rice is tender and the desired thickness has been reached
- Just before turning off the slow cooker, add vanilla and raisins
- Stir to combine
- Cover pot and allow to sit for about 10 minutes after the slow cooker has been turned off
- Garnish by adding additional cinnamon and raisins
- Note: Use a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
Note: Because Slow cookers cook differently, check the pudding after 3 hours for doneness. Our rice was cooked in 3 1/2 hours on low and was more on the creamy side and not overly thick.
5. Strawberries with Lime & Long Pepper Syrup
This is one of our favorite healthy desserts under 200 Calories. This syrup has citrus and sweet taste. It is made with a little bit of heat and is best served with cream.
- Two limes
- 450g of ripe strawberry that has been hulled and halved, or quartered if large
- Five medium-sized ‘long’ peppercorns; one should be crushed, and others left whole (you may use 2 tsp ground black peppercorns instead)
- 100g of golden caster sugar
- vanilla or coconut ice cream, to serve
- With a vegetable peeler, pare the zest from 1 lime in long strips
- Then; shave away any white pith from the back of the zest as this can make it bitter
- Afterward; put the zest in a medium pan
- Next, squeeze both of the limes and add the juice to the pan with 3 tbsp of water and sugar. Also, add the crushed and whole peppercorns
- Heat the mix gently until the sugar dissolves and boil before removing it from heat.
- Spread out the strawberries in a serving dish
- Then, pour over the hot syrup and allow to cool
- While it is cooling, the syrup will become rosy pink
- Serve at room temperature with scoops of ice cream.
6. Skinny Berry Parfait
The skinny berry parfait is proof that you do not need to add sweeteners to achieve deliciously tasty desserts. This healthy parfait recipe is an excellent try for those with a sweet tooth that do not want to ruin their dietary plans.
It is also one of our top healthy desserts under 200 calories that aids weight loss.
- Three tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds with skins
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups raspberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- half a cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees
- Combine oats, almonds, and cinnamon in a medium bowl
- Stir in melted coconut oil and mix with other ingredients
- Then, line a cookie sheet with parchment and spread oats evenly
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden
- Stir after 10 minutes
- Then, allow cooling completely
- If you have leftover granola, use it as a topping
- Try adding raisins or other dried fruit without any added sweeteners
- Arrange the yogurt, granola, and berries in parfait glasses
- You may choose other berries if you prefer.
7. Vegan chocolate banana ice cream
Are you looking for a low-fat chocolate ice cream? Then, look no further as this blitzed banana recipe is gluten and dairy-free. It is also one of the quickest healthy desserts under 2000 calories, as it only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- One frozen banana
- In a blender, blitz the frozen banana with the cocoa powder until smooth
- Serve and eat straight away.
Wouldn’t you love to have a taste of those delicious vegan desserts? As much as you desire to lose weight, you don’t have to feel wrong thinking about ice-cream and butter cake desserts because these vegan recipes would fill in just well.
Be vegan and stay happy with these awesome dessert recipes under 200 calories that will help you lose weight.