For you to know how to get rid of cellulite on any part of your body, you need to know what it is.
Cellulite refers to the appearance of a dimple on the skin. This dimpled appearance of the skin can be visible on the thigh, hip, and buttocks as people tend to have it there.
This cellulite, however, is more common in women than men, and this is because of the difference in the way fat, connective tissue, and muscles are distributed in women and men’s skin.
Ever wondered why cellulite is somewhat lumpy? It is because of the fat deposits that alter the way the connective tissue is spread all over the skin. Due to this alteration, it changes the appearance of the skin, thereby making it noticeable.
It is best to say, however, that the condition known as cellulitis is in no way related to cellulite. In that, cellulitis is a bacterial inflammation of the tissues underneath the skin.
What Causes Cellulite?
Cellulite on the skin, although seen as a regular occurrence, can be caused by a lot of things. They include:
- Skin thickness
- Distribution of body fat
- Unhealthy lifestyle- smoking and drinking
- Poor eating habits- consumption of fat and carbohydrates
- Insufficient water intake
- Birth Control Pills
- Lack of exercise
Now that you know the concept of cellulite and its causes, we can now go ahead to discuss how you can get rid of them!
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Cellulite on Legs, Back of Thighs and Bum Fast in 7 Days?
1. Dry Brushing
Dry brushing is one way to get rid of cellulite on the back of thighs, legs, and bum. It is by far the easiest way to get rid of that unsightly dimples. Dry brushing helps to improve lymphatic drainage and the circulation of blood in the body.
Thereby making the skin look plump, and the cellulite will gently fade off. Also, it helps to remove the excess build-up of toxins from the body.
Before you start, be sure that your skin and the brush you are using are both dry! Also, make sure you use a body brush with natural fibers for this.
- Start by brushing your feet in an upward motion, with more concentration on the affected parts.
- Be sure to brush from left to right side of your body such that the brushing movement is concentrated towards the heart. This will help to improve blood circulation.
- Dry brush continuously for about five minutes before heading to the shower to wash off the dead skin cells.
- Repeat this process once a day before having your bath. This will take a few months before you start seeing improvements on your skin.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
As the distribution of body fat is a causative factor of cellulite, ACV can help reduce bloating in the stomach and overall body weight.
- Mix two-part of apple cider vinegar and one part of water then apply on the affected areas.
- Let it sit for an hour before you rinse off using warm water.
- Do this twice a day until you see a change in the appearance of the cellulite.
- Furthermore, mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water and rub on the affected region.
- Cover the place with a plastic bag and place a warm towel over it for about an hour.
- Remove the wrap and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once a day and watch the cellulite fade!
3. Green Clay
The application of green clay over affected areas helps to stimulate and improve the circulation of blood. It removes dead skin cells, repairs connective tissues, and sucks in fat and impurities.
Given all these benefits, green clay is seen as a powerful remedy as regards the fading of cellulite.
- Combine half a cup of green clay, half cup of seaweed, three tablespoons of hot water, one-quarter cup of freshly squeezed lime juice, and a tablespoon of organic honey.
- Mix everything until you get a thick paste.
- Gently rub the paste on the affected parts in a circular motion and cover with a plastic bag.
- Let the paste sit on for about thirty minutes before you wash off with warm water.
- Do this weekly until you get the desired result.
4. Drink Water
Insufficient water intake is another cause of cellulite on the bum, back of legs, and thighs. Since cellulite pockets are filled with toxins, drinking enough water will help remove the toxins.
It is advised that you drink at least eight glasses of water every day to keep the body hydrated and the skin glowy. Also, drink water the first thing in the morning as coffee cannot replace the benefits of water in the body.
If you’re one that does not like to drink ‘just’ water, you can opt for detox waters. Or you can include a slice of lemon or honey to your glass of water to give it a sweet taste.
Also, you have to include foods with high water content to your diet- leafy green veggies, watermelons, and cucumbers.
Salmons is fully loaded with antioxidants that can help combat cellulite. It is a rich source of omega-three fatty acids that help to smoothen out the skin, giving it a nice texture and glow.
Generally, foods that are rich in omega-three fatty acids help to reduce inflammation, strengthen the skin tissues, and reduce appetite. When this is done, it helps to reduce the build-up of harmful toxins in the blood, thereby improving blood circulation.
To speed up the rate at which the cellulite will fade, eat five servings of salmon weekly. Also, eat the baked or roasted salmon and stay away from the deep-fried types.
Exercises To Getting Rid Of Cellulite
There are countless numbers of remedies you can use to get rid of cellulite. Not that home remedies are not effective; strength training is the most effective solution to this problem!
Strength training is a kind of physical exercise that requires that you push yourself such that you build your strength. With these exercises, you can not treat a spot, but you can make the whole body firm and toned.
To get rid of cellulite on the lower body- legs, bum, and back of the thighs, you need to focus more on the lower body. As this will combat the fat and help smoothen the skin out.
1. Glute Kickbacks
- Kneel on the floor, or an exercise mat with your arms stretched out.
- Place your arms at shoulder width and rectangular to your torso.
- Lift your leg until your hamstring is in line with your back.
- Hold the position for some seconds before you return to the starting position.
- Redo the process with your other leg and continue until you are done.
Note: All through the duration of this exercise, your calves and hamstring should be at a 90-degree angle to each other.
2. Dumbbell Curtsy Lunge
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a light-weight dumbbell in each hand by the sides.
- Keep your hips and shoulder square, place your left leg behind and across your right leg, bending both knees at 90 degrees.
- Push your left foot off such that you return to your start position.
- Switch sides and repeat in the other leg.
- Do two sets of twenty reps.
3. Split Squats
- Find a box or a platform about 10 inches tall and 12 inches wide and stand on it.
- Jump up on the box and land on the floor.
- When you land, immediately lower yourself into a squat position.
- Jump up again and land on the platform or box.
- Repeat the process as much as you can.
4. Heavy Lying Abduction
- Lie on the floor on your left side and with your torso lifted.
- Make sure your left forearm is on the floor, in a perpendicular position to your body.
- Stack your leg with one lighter weight resting above your right knee and your right hand resting loosely on the weight.
- Lift your right leg and hold the position for three seconds.
- Drop your leg to the starting position, do twenty reps, and switch sides.
- Redo the process on the other leg and perform two sets of 20 reps.
5. Clockwork Lunge
- Stand firmly with your hands on your hips and your feet, shoulder-width apart.
- Take a big step to the front with your right foot and lower yourself until your right leg is bent at 90 degrees.
- At this point, your left knee should almost be touching the floor. Lift yourself to the starting position.
- Then, take a big step to the right with your right foot.
- Bend the right knee and keep your left leg straight. Return to the starting position.
- Take another big step back with your left foot, drop until your left leg is bent at 90-degree and your right knee is almost touching the floor. Get back to the starting position.
- Repeat the steps with the left foot- stepping to the front, to the side, and then to the back.
- Repeat 15 sets.
With the above-listed remedies and exercises, be sure to bid cellulite goodbye. All you need to do is stay focused and be determined with these exercises.