How To Get Rid of Hip Dips- All women are created in unique ways! While some have seemingly perfect round curves, others have dips in between the waist bottom and top of the thigh. These dips are known as hip dips.
This post aims to help you learn how to get rid of hip dips through workouts that give you bigger and fuller hips. These workouts are a good way to get your hips fuller and get rid of the dips that most women are uncomfortable with.
What are Hip Dips?
Hip dips are an inward dent along the side of the hips, just below the hip bone and between the waist bottom and top of the thigh. It is also known as Violin hips.
Instead of the outer edge of the hips, hip dips make it look like your curves are drawn with a protractor and have indentions. For some people, these indentions are prominent, while some hip dips are barely noticeable. In all, hip dips are a part of your body structure.
What Causes Hip Dips?
Generally, hip dips are caused by genetics and by muscle or skeletal structure. It occurs where the skin is joined to the deeper part of your thigh bone. This part is called the Trochanter.
As earlier said, these indentions vary in how noticeable they occur. This is because of the amount and distribution of fat and muscles in the body structure.
The noticeability of hip dips varies based on the shape of your pelvis and the width of your hips. It is also dependent on the distribution of fat in your body. The dip can also be more prominent, depending on the type of clothing you wear.
How To Get Rid Of Hip Dips
There are exercises and healthy eating diets you can use to get rid of hip dips. Although some women wear padded underwear to make their hips appear fuller, it doesn’t offer a permanent solution.
However, these exercises are a more permanent solution in that they help you to build muscles andlose fat; resulting in a removal of hip dips. Even though you cannot get rid of hip dips completely, these workouts and remedies will make them less noticeable.
Exercises To Get Rid of Hip Dips
These exercises help you reduce fat and build muscles. They work to strengthen and tone the muscles in your abdominals, hips, buttocks, and thighs. They are best paired with several other bodybuilding exercises to achieve even better results.
Although the difference in the reason for hip dips might mean that these exercises work differently, they generally work your lower body and hip region to tone up your butt muscles. This fills out indentations known as hip dips.
To perform these moves, start one side at a time from the less flexible leg to the most flexible leg. This way, you move from the more difficult side or leg to the easiest.
Also, move from 1 to 2 sets per day to an increased number of the set. For effectiveness, spend at least 20 minutes daily, making these moves.
The following exercises answer the question of how to get rid of hip dips. They work the gluteus and gluteus minimus muscles around the hips and fill out dents.
1. Standing Side-to-side Squats
This is a squat move that works on the side of the legs, hips, and butts. For better results, make this move with your butt low each time you squat. Also, squat a bit lower each time your feet are placed together.
When you come up, do it slowly and stop halfway, so you do not come back up fully. You can use ankle weights for more resistance and intensity while performing this move.
- Get into your starting position and stand with your feet placed together.
- Then, lower your body into a squat position.
- Move your left foot to the left, bringing your right foot towards your left till they meet.
- Next, bring your right foot to your right side and extend your left foot to meet your foot.
- Do three reps of 10 squats on each side.
2. Lying Down Side Leg Raises
The lying downside leg raise move hits your outer thigh and butts, helping you get rid of hip dips and achieve full hips. While making this move, ensure that you engage the muscles in your hips and butts. You may use ankle weights while doing the step.
- Get into the starting position by laying down on your left side with your body straight.
- Then, bend your left elbow and use your hand to raise your head.
- You can also place your arm on the floor, but your right hand should be on the floor in front of you to support your body.
- Slowly raise your right leg off the floor.
- Then, bring it back down without touching your left leg.
- Do 20 reps. On the last rep, keep your leg suspended for 20 seconds before lowering it.
- Repeat the move on your right side and left leg.
3. Standing Side Leg Lifts
The standing side leg lift is a great move that answers the question of how to get rid of hip dips. It helps to build the muscles on the side of your hips and butts. It even works the muscles in your inner thigh!
While doing this exercise, ensure your movement is controlled and your body steady. Keep your body straight, and be careful not to lean on either side or rush the movements. Add ankle weights for intensity and better results.
How To Perform
- Stand with your face forward and your right side close to a chair, table, or wall.
- Then, using your right hand for balance and support, put your body weight on your right foot and slightly lift your left leg off the floor.
- Take a deep breath and lift your left leg sideways. Remember to keep your body steady.
- Perform two sets of 12 reps of the leg lift move on both legs.
4. Standing Kickback Lunges
Not only does this exercise help you get rid of hip dips by working the muscles in your thigh and buttocks, but it also helps to improve balance and stability in the body. While making this move, make sure your front leg and foot are engaged. Also, engage your abdominal core while performing the step.
- Start by coming into a standing position with your hand together in front of you in a prayer pose.
- Take a deep breath and then lift your knee to your chest.
- Exhale and lift your arms along your ears with your palms facing each other in a prayer pose.
- Then, step your left leg back and sink your right knee into a lunge.
- Keep your weight on the ball of your back foot and your toes facing forward.
- Inhale and lift your left leg back up to your chest, also bring your hands back to your front in a prayer position.
- Do 12 reps and hold the position on your last lunge for 12 seconds.
- Repeat the move on the opposite side.
Lifestyle Changes To Remove Hip Dips
Apart from the above exercises, it is essential that you also live a healthy lifestyle. This means you need regular exercise, good food, and you must take care of yourself, so you always feel better about your body.
Regarding your diet, drink more water and ensure you are getting the right amount of calories from the food you eat. Add more carbohydrates to your diet as they provide you with the needed energy to do your workout and other activities.
Also, eat more lean protein to help you build body mass. Include foods that are rich in healthy fats, fiber, and calcium to your diet. Shun consuming too much sugar, alcohol, and processed junk food. Be more deliberate about what you eat.
Balance your fitness routine by exercising other parts of your body, as well. Do a variety of exercises ranging from arm exercises, lower body workouts, bodyweight exercises, and so on.
Also, add cardio workouts to your routine. Ensure that you are committed to your workout and add a bit of physical activity into your daily routine. If you have any questions, consult your nutritionist, professional fitness instructor, or doctor for further guidance.
We hope this post answers your question on how to get rid of hip dips. Bear in mind that the result won’t come instantly, and it can take weeks or months before you achieve the fuller hips you desire.
However, in the process, maintain a positive outlook about your body. Focus on the things you love about your body and remind yourself of it to keep you motivated.
Also, stick to a routine that works for you. You can even add these moves to it to achieve an even better result and a banging body!