How To Reduce Face Fat- When it comes to appearance, the face is the most visible part of the body that people notice.
You know how people see you from afar, and the first thing they see is your face? That is it!
Pampering your external body is good, but it is not good enough if you do not have a sculpted jawline and high cheekbones.
This is because a perfect face is considered to have any or even both of these features. It is thereby giving it an edge over other types of face.
For most of us, the question of how to reduce face fat is essential, especially if you have chubby cheeks. Apart from the health benefits, losing face fat also provides a boost to a person’s level of self-esteem.
If you usually get annoyed when you look at your picture or selfies in which you look bulky, or you get embarrassed when you stand in front of a mirror and see your double chin , this article will help you.
In this article, we shed light on all the possible causes of face fat while also talking about face exercises that are proven answers to the question of how to reduce face fat fast.
Causes of Face Fat
Different factors contribute to the storing up of fat on the face, which makes you look bulky at the end.
If you have pondered on the question of how to reduce face fat, then you must know what is causing it in the first place.
That way, you can avoid a recurrence by avoiding the things that caused it in the first place.
Sometimes, a chubby face is caused by the way your face is structured naturally. The way your skull is structured might leave your face feeling chubby, especially if you have big bones. Overdeveloped bones can also give you a prominent looking jaw.
2. Hormonal Changes
In women, hormonal changes cause water retention in the body, which leads to bulk in parts of the body, including the face. This usually happens during pregnancy, puberty, and sometimes before the monthly period.
Also, a high intake of salt, sugar, and other processed food can cause water retention in the body. A diet plan that is mainly carbohydrate makes your body retain water and also puts you at risk of being fat.
3. Weight Gain
When you add more weight, you will have fat on your face. This is because there is a direct link between gaining weight and having chubby cheeks.
The more calories you consume, the more your body stores it away in places that can be used as fat storage, including your face.
Aging, smoking, and alcohol intake are also factors that cause chubby cheeks. These factors can cause the weakening of muscles and ligaments that hold fat pockets on the face.
This causes the fats stored in those pockets to spread to other parts of the face, giving you a chubby face. Too much stress, overwork, and little sleep are also leading causes of face fat.
Now that you know the causes of face fat, we can now move onto the best facial exercises as regards how to reduce face fat.
How To Reduce Face Fat – 8 Proven Facial Exercises
These eight facial exercises answer the question of how to reduce face fat. It does not matter if you are searching for answers to reduce face fat for men or women; these exercises will help you lose face fat in no time.
1. Lips Pull
The lips pull one of the most efficient facial exercises that can help you reduce facial fat. When practiced regularly, this workout can help to lift the face muscles and take away years from your face.
That way, you are left with your face looking youthful with pronounced cheekbones and well-shaped jawline.
- Start in a standing or sitting position with your head in a normal position.
- Now, lift your lower lip as much as you can by pushing out the lower jaw, you will feel the stretching and strain building in your chin muscles and jawline.
- Stay in this posture for about 10-15 seconds and do ten reps with 10 seconds rest in between.
2. Rotate Your Tongue
This exercise targets cheek muscles to reduce excess face fat. Also, it works to reduce fat that causes double chin, giving you a well-defined chin.
- Start by closing your mouth while also rotating your tongue in circular movements.
- While performing this movement, ensure that your tongue reaches the outer part of both upper and lower teeth.
- Perform this movement for about 15 times in both clockwise and anticlockwise directions.
- For best results, repeat this exercise at least two times daily.
3. Fish Face
The fish face exercise, otherwise known as the “smiling fish face,” is easy to do yoga. It is one of the best facial workouts that can be performed anywhere and at any time you like.
This exercise can be done while listening to your favorite playlist, working in your office, or at the cinema.
It works to elongate your facial muscles and tighten the areas surrounding your cheekbones. If you want to tone your cheeks, spread your cheek muscles, and lose face fat fast, this exercise is for you.
- Suck your cheeks inwards and pucker your lips outward as if you are imitating a fish.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Then, relax your face for 10 seconds and repeat the move.
- Do ten reps of this move and repeat routine at least twice daily for the best results.
4. Stretch Your Face
This is a simple technique that requires your hand. Here all you have to do is to use your hand to stretch your face as far is it can go to burn fat that is deposited around your chin.
- Lower your chin so that it is touching your chest.
- Then, pull on your chin with both hands such that you can feel the skin below your cheekbones move.
- Once you are in this position, pronounce an “Ah” and maintain it for a while.
- Do this procedure at least three times daily.
5. Chin Lift
For most people that are fat or have facial fat, a double chin is mostly unavoidable. Chin lifts work for double chin by stretching your upper neck muscles to help you lose weight in your face fast.
It also helps to stretch sagging neck muscles and reduce double chin.
When you lift your chin muscles, it helps to burn fat around your neck and gives you a naturally slim face. People who suffer from neck spasm can also use this move as a remedy for it.
- To start, stand in a straight position and lift your face as if you are looking at the sky.
- Ensure that your back remains straight while in this position.
- Once you feel a stretch in your muscles, hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Then, tilt your head to the left and hold for another 10 seconds before switching to your right and repeating the move.
- Drop your head and rest for 20 seconds before repeating the procedure for 5-10 times.
6. Blowing Air
The blowing air exercise helps to reduce face fat by pulling on almost all the facial and neck muscles.
It is one of the most effective facial workouts for reducing face fat, reducing double chin, and getting rid of chubby cheeks.
It works the cheeks, jaws, and neck muscle and tones them to give you a natural facelift and leaner appearance.
- Sit on a chair and maintain a straight spine straight.
- Now, tilt your head back to any extent possible, making sure that your face is well turned towards the ceiling.
- Then pull your lips and blow out air from your mouth.
- Keep blowing for 30 seconds and relax for 10 seconds.
- Repeat the move ten times.
7. Jaw Release
If you’re looking for an attractive high cheekbone and a sexy jawline, this exercise is what you need.
It is also effective for reducing double chin. The jaw release exercise helps to stretch and work the muscles around your lips, jaw, and cheeks.
- Begin with sitting or standing in a straight posture.
- Then, move your jaw as if you are chewing on something while keeping your lips closed.
- While still humming, take a deep breath in and out.
- Now, open your mouth wide with your tongue pressed against your bottom teeth.
- Stay in this position for about 5 seconds and then breathe in and out; this is one rep.
- Do ten reps with 5 seconds break at intervals.
8. Puffy Cheeks exercise
This exercise is one of the fastest ways to reduce face fat. It strengthens your upper cheek muscles and ensures that your face looks lean, sculpted, and young.
- To start, close your mouth and try to blow air to enlarge your cheeks.
- Maintain this position for 10 seconds.
- Now, try to move the air to your right cheek and hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Breathe out and rest for 10 seconds.
- Repeat this procedure ten times.
How Often Should Facial Exercises be Done?
If you want to see rapid results, then you should aim to perform your facial workouts at least 3-5 times every week from about 20 minutes each time.
All of these facial exercises are simple and can be done anywhere and anytime: now that you know how to reduce face fat. Although they sound and look easy, their effects are enormous, and they genuinely work.
If performed regularly, they help to slim down face fat and facial tone muscles. They also improve skin elasticity and firmness, helping you achieve a more youthful and thinner look.