Not many people know about Jillian Michaels or even her weight loss detox water recipe. Well, that is why we are here for you!
Jillian Michaels is an American woman who is a personal trainer, and she is also a businesswoman. She has two personal training certificates from the National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA) and The Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA).
Let me mention that she is a Kettlebell Concepts certified, and she has a nutrition and wellness consultant certificate with the American Fitness Professionals and Associates (AFPA).
Now that you know all of that let’s proceed to her detox water recipe.
The Jillian Michaels weight loss detox water recipe is one of the most effective detox waters in the world. It is a natural diuretic that boasts of making one lose a few pounds in 7 days.
What this means is that if you have a big event coming up- a wedding or an interview and you want to look trimmed and toned, this detox water is a go-to.
It is made with the following ingredients- distilled water, cranberry juice, lemon juice, and organic dandelion root tea. All of which are diuretics in that they help to reduce bloat and water weight in the body.
However, if you have kidney related issues, you can substitute the distilled water for alkaline water. But it is best that you check with your doctor or your healthcare provider before using this detox water.
Before we get to the recipe, let’s take some time to view the health benefits of the ingredients:
Health Benefits Of The Ingredients
Lemon has numerous health benefits owing to its vitamin C, vitamin B6, Vitamin A, iron, copper, calcium, magnesium, protein, and riboflavin properties, amongst many others. It has antioxidant and cancer-fighting features, and it also contains flavonoids.
When consumed, lemon helps to normalize blood pressure, prevent diabetes, indigestion, and constipation. Also, it has properties that help to keep the skin, teeth, and hair healthy.
Other benefits are as follows:
- Lemon helps to treat fever- for a person suffering from cold and flu, lemon can help warm the body up.
- Helps to cure burns- it has soothing properties that can help soothe inflamed skin. Also, it can help fade burn scars when applied topically.
- Aids in weight loss
- Soothes respiratory disorders
- Treats cholera
- Lemon treats rheumatism
- It helps to relax the feet
- Helps to treat internal bleeding- in a case of nose bleeding, you can apply a few drops on the cotton ball and put in the nose.
- Reduces corns and
- helps to treat throat infections.
2. Cranberry Juice
The most popular benefit of cranberry juice is that it can help in the treatment of a urinary tract infection. This benefit is so widely known that people tend to think of it as the only benefit of cranberry juice.
Cranberries are water-based fruits and are loaded with nutrients that can keep the body free from infections. These nutrients also can help improve the immune system and overall health.
Other benefits of cranberry juice include:
- Improves Cardiovascular Health
- Prevents tooth decay
- Contains antitumor properties
- Prevents kidney stones
- Cures cold
- Strengthens bones
- Treats peptic ulcers
- Fights cancer
- Boosts immunity
- Curbs yeast infections
- Contains anti-aging properties
3. Organic Dandelion Root Tea
The health benefits of Organic Dandelion Root Tea are as follows:
- It improves digestion and helps in weight loss.
- The root tea cures skin conditions.
- It contains calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, and Vitamins B and C.
- The root tea helps to detoxify the kidneys and bladder.
- It also helps to purify the blood, improve blood circulation, and regulate blood sugar.
- It reduces the risk of urinary tract infections.
- The tea eases the congestion of the liver.
- It also helps to soothe aching joints and reduce bloating.
However, excess consumption of dandelion root tea can lead to dehydration accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Muscle Cramps
- Blurred vision
- Extreme tiredness
4. Distilled Water
As the suggests, distilled water is the end product of distillation. It is very pure and free of all forms of contaminants. There are several benefits associated with the use of distilled water. They include:
- Regulates Body Temperature
- Alleviate Arthritis and Asthma symptoms and lots more
Despite these immense benefits, distilled water still lack some nutrients. The World Health Organization points out about 14 essential micronutrients that are not present in distilled water. Our bodies require these minerals and vitamins to function properly.
But the good thing is about the Jillian Michael’s weight loss detox drink is that the four ingredients complement one another.
7 Day Jillian Michaels’ Weight Loss Detox Water Recipe To Burn Fat Fast
- 2 liters of distilled water
- One bag of Dandelion Root Tea
- One tablespoon of Unsweetened Cranberry Juice
- Two tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- Boil the distilled water and put the teabag into it to steep for about 10 minutes or more.
- Remove the tea bag and mix all the ingredients.
- Drink the whole mixture and repeat the process for seven days at a stretch.
Now that you have the potent drink that can help you get your groove back in seven days, you can be sure to pull off a beautiful appearance to that big event coming up.
However, you have to be careful when consuming distilled water because its excess can be toxic to health. And as mentioned earlier, check with your doctor before going on this Jillian Michaels detox water recipe.
If you are bothered about the taste, this drink tastes delicious, and it is refreshing.