Kale Diet For Weight Loss – Preparing to lose weight is similar to the way you make your salad. The more your salad ingredients, the richer and more filling it is.
So, with weight loss, too, you should be ready to incorporate a lot of new recipes into your weight loss diet plan. And also, a variety of workout plans in your arsenal. Have you ever tried a kale diet for weight loss?
The kale leaf ranks as one of the best amongst several super healthy foods. This leafy green vegetable has some weight loss, nutritional, and health benefits.
If you’re trying to lose weight and you’ve never tried a kale diet for weight loss, here is the chance. This diet will make you lose 10 pounds in 7 days.
Before moving to how you can include the kale leaf in your diet, let’s have a look at the weight loss, nutritional and health benefits of kale.
Kale Diet for Weight Loss- Does it Work?
Kale is a weight-loss-friendly vegetable because of its low-calorie content. Among its weight loss benefits is the fact that kale can be included in a calorie-controlled diet because it contains a sizable portion of nutrients.
Thus, as a calorie control trick for weight loss, kale should be the first leafy green vegetable to think of. It contains very few calories making you consume fewer calories in just a meal.
Using kale as a kind of healthy substitution also aids weight loss. Many people are used to taking sweet snacks and sugary side dishes that are calorie-dense.
Breaking free from some of these delicious meals is why some people may consider it challenging to make a giant stride towards weight loss.
But, with kale leaves, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. There are delicious kale leaf recipes that you can use to come up with tasty snacks and side dishes.
The kale diet for weight loss thus works as a healthy substitution of food that would naturally hinder weight loss.
You can ditch your potato chips or other fries for kale chips baked with garlic and black pepper. Try making a salad with kale cooked with mushrooms, garlic, red wine vinegar, diced onion, and sliced mushrooms.
That salad recipe is also an excellent weight loss alternative to higher-calorie options, such as buttered vegetables or mashed potatoes and gravy. Kale soups also taste great. So, it is an excellent addition to soups, stews, and spaghetti sauce.
Also, Kale contains dietary fiber that will keep you full by increasing your satiety level. This will keep you from consuming too much of other high-calorie foods. Finally, nutritious food like kale is perfect when you’re trying to lose some pounds.
Kale is loaded with tons of amazing nutrients that are highly beneficial to health. While restricting your food intake because you want to slim down, it is good to include leafy green vegetables like kale in your diet for the supply of adequate food nutrients in moderate proportions.
Nutritional Benefits of Kale Diets
Kale is one of the green veggies that contain the highest amount of nutrients and healthy compounds. The good thing about this superfood is that it contains numerous nutrients, and it is also low in calories.
Below is a breakdown of the nutritional facts about a cup of kale given by Dr. Axe.
- 33.5 calories
- 6.7 grams of carbohydrates
- 2.2 grams of protein
- 0.5-grams fat
- 1.3 grams of fiber
- 547 micrograms vitamin K
- 10,302 IU vitamin A
- 80.4 milligrams vitamin C
- 0.5-milligram manganese
- 0.2-milligram copper
- 90.5 milligrams calcium
- 0.2-milligram vitamin B6
- 299 milligrams potassium
- 1.1 milligrams iron
- 22.8 milligrams magnesium
- 0.1-milligram thiamine
- 19.4 micrograms folate
- 0.1-milligram riboflavin
- 37.5 milligrams phosphorus
Health Benefits of Kale
Is it possible to swallow so many nutrients and not have any positive impact on your health? No! The combined action of the vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant contents of the kale leaf keeps you exceptionally healthy.
Therefore, the kale diet for weight loss is also an excellent way to improve your health in several ways. Some of the health benefits of kale include the following:
- Kale fights against inflammation as it contains potent anti-inflammatory compounds.
- These leafy green vegetables are also rich in antioxidants that fight against free radicals.
- The kale leaf is a foremost natural detox ingredient. It contains isothiocyanates (ITCs), which are made from glucosinolates. These detoxifying agents will help to remove toxins from the body system and also flush out unwanted products that may be harmful to health.
- The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of kale make it one of the heart-healthy foods. This is because it helps to lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase heart-healthy cholesterol, which is the HDL.
- Although some foods are forbidden for pregnant women, it is not the case with kale. Kale helps to prevent several congenital disabilities associated with nutrient deficiencies and also promotes healthy infant brain development. Also, the folate component of kale ensures an adequate birth weight, a healthy neural tube formation, and also enhance the proper development of the face and heart.
- If you’ve known that kale could help improve your sight, maybe you wouldn’t have suffered some eye defects. Kale also ensures a healthy vision. The lutein and zeaxanthin compounds in kale have been shown to help prevent macular degeneration and cataracts. These two nutrients perform the role of antioxidants in the eye and filter harmful high-energy blue wavelengths of light, and help protect and also maintain healthy cells.
- Finally, kale is one of the cancer-fighting cruciferous vegetables. Thanks to the large group of sulfur-containing compounds ( glucosinolates) in Kale. When digested, kale produces indoles, thiocyanates, and isothiocyanates. These are compounds that prevent the growth and spread of cancer. These compounds fight against cancer spread because of their antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. They also inhibit tumor blood vessel formation and cell migration.
Kale Diet Recipes for Losing Weight and Staying Healthy
The goodness that rests in kale leaves can be enjoyed in different grand styles. So, you can use this healthy, nutritious weight loss leaf in salad, smoothies, soups, stews, and also make some healthy snacks.
Below are some of the kale diet recipes you could try on your own.
Let’s start with the snacks. How can you make crunchy kale chips? Follow these instructions:
- Sprinkle virgin olive oil or avocado oil on your kale
- Add some salt
- Then bake in it an oven until dry.
- So, you have a tasty snack for your kale diet for weight loss — no added sugar, low in calories, and super healthy.
Apart from kale chips, you can also blend some kale leaves into tasty smoothies. Your kale diet recipe for weight loss would be incomplete without a cup of green smoothies made from kale leaves.
Green Kale Smoothies
How to make your Green Kale smoothies? It is straightforward. Just blend in some kale leaves with other smoothie ingredients like berries, apples, or banana for a delicious meal replacement option. Here is a recipe for you.
- 3 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 4 ounces frozen blueberries and pineapple each
- A cup of properly washed kale
- 2 ounces of water
- Put all ingredients in a blender
- Then, whip all together to have a smooth mixture
- Pour into a cup and drink
Kale Soup Diet Recipe
This recipe is also a popular kale diet for weight loss. With the combination of other veggies and some fiber-filled foods, a bowl of soup containing kale is a perfect choice to satisfy your hunger cravings.
Try out this potato and kale soup and enjoy the taste.
- low sodium chicken broth
- A cup of raw kale
- 6-8 sliced red potatoes
- Two chicken breasts
- Eight garlic cloves, minced
- One yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Two tsp Italian seasoning
How to Prepare:
- Cut chicken into small sizes and cook with Italian seasoning on a slow cooker
- In a pan, heat olive oil, garlic, onion, and carrot together
- Sauté your proper washed kale in the mixture
- In another pot, cook potatoes until soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, add chicken broth to the skillet.
- Leave the chicken and potatoes to cook well
- Then, add the potato/chicken broth to the kale in a larger pot
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer your potato kale soup for 10-15 minutes and stir periodically
The use of a kale diet for weight loss is no longer a new thing. Don’t hesitate to drop some kale leaves in your basket the next time you go to the grocery.
However, be sure that you get your kale leaves from safe sources as they are usually sprayed with pesticides. Therefore, only raw and organic kale leaves are healthy.
Get some kale leaves and fit it into your diet in any way that pleases you. You can also search for more tasty and delicious recipes that you can try out at home. Don’t just lose the pounds; you also need the stay fit. And the kale diet is a sure way to do that.