Keto alcoholic drinks- A lot of people might be wondering how alcohol and keto diet correlates.
If you have been asking yourself the question,” Can I take alcohol while on a keto diet’? The answer is YES, you can!
There are a lot of keto alcoholic drinks you can take, and that is why this post is here for you to find out which.
Having a few drinks while on a keto diet is possible, although risky because you cannot drink anything you want.
A few keto alcoholic drinks can help you lose weight and will also help your body stay in ketosis. When you drink alcohol, the body starts the breakdown process immediately just because the body sees it as toxic.
In short, the metabolic process kick starts immediately; the body system notices alcohol intake.
On the other hand, when alcohol is consumed in excess, it slows down the process at which the body loses weight. In some cases, weight loss slows down, and in severe cases, it stops completely!
Besides, some alcohols are considered keto alcohol in that they contain 40% alcohol. Such “keto” alcohols include:
That said, if you need some ideas about keto alcoholic drinks you can make yourself, these drink recipes are for you. These drinks are going to keep your liver safe and will help you stay in ketosis.
Did I forget to mention that they taste so good that you will think you are cheating on your diet!
1. Low-Carb Moscow Mule
For the Ginger Syrup:
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of peeled and thinly sliced ginger
- 1/3 cups of granulated sweetener. I used swerve
For the Moscow Mule:
- 1 oz of fresh lime juice
- 1 oz of ginger syrup
- 4 oz of premium vodka
- Fresh mint leaves- to garnish
- 8 oz diet ginger ale
For the ginger syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine water, ginger, and the sweetener and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and leave to cool for about 1 hour.
- Strain and store in a clean jar. Keep refrigerated.
For the Moscow Mules:
- Combine the lime juice, ginger syrup, vodka, and ginger ale in a small jar and give it a good stir.
- Pour over ice and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
2. Kamikaze Shot
- One shot of vodka
- 2 grams of granulated stevia or erythritol
- 3/4 shaker ice
- Two tablespoons of lime juice
- Place ice in a shaker and add lime juice, vodka, and sweetener.
- Tighten lid and shake till combined.
- Serve in rock glass or tumblers.
3. Low-Carb Daiquiri
- One shot of dark or white rum
- One lime- squeezed
- Six drops of liquid stevia extract
- 1 cup of ice
- A slice of lime- to garnish
- Keep the serving glass in the freezer while you prepare your drink.
- Wash and squeeze the lime, add few drops of stevia, and add either white or dark rum.
- Remove the glass from the freezer and add ice. Alternatively, you can crush the ice and pour it into the glass.
- Add the lime mix and garnish with a slice of lime.
4. Low-Carb Caribbean Rum Punch
- 1-ounce light rum
- 6 ounces of club soda
- 1/3 ounce of lime juice
- 1/3 teaspoon of coconut-pineapple water enhances
- Ten drops of orange water enhance
- 1 1/2 ounces of dark rum
- Lime slices- to garnish
- Combine the light rum, water increases, lime juice, ice, and dark rum into a shaker and shake gently.
- Strain into a chilled glass of ice and pour in the club soda.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.
5. Low-Carb Cosmo
- Three tablespoons of vodka
- Three drops of orange extract
- Two tablespoons of unsweetened cranberry juice
- One tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Two tablespoons of water
- One drop of liquid stevia or other keto-friendly sweeteners
- Lime wedge to garnish
- Mix vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, water, sweetener, and orange extract together in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake well until blended.
- Taste and adjust taste if needed.
- Strain into a martini glass, then garnish with a small lime wedge.
6. Low-Carb Spicy Margarita
- 1/2 cup of water
- 60 ml of tequila
- 30 ml of fresh lime juice
- One slice of jalapeno pepper- keep more on the side for garnish
- 1 oz of low-carb syrup
To make the simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of granulated swerve or erythritol
To make the syrup:
- Combine the swerve and water in a pot set over medium heat.
- Bring the content of the pot to a simmer until the liquid has reduced, and it has the texture of syrup.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool. Store in a container.
For the drink:
- Prepare the jalapeno pepper by slicing them.
- On the other side, squeeze the limes and place the jalapeno into a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Add some ice, the lime juice, tequila, and simple syrup.
- Shake until well mixed, then strain into a small glass.
- Add ice and garnish with an extra slice of jalapeno and lime if preferred.
7. Sugar-Free Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounces of tequila
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of orange extract
- Two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime
- One tablespoon of agave syrup or stevia- optional
- Kosher or Margarita salt- also optional
- Lime wedge to garnish- also optional
- In a cocktail shaker, combine orange extract, agave syrup, tequila, lime juice, and s handful of ice.
- Shake until well mixed and blended.
- Pour mixture into a glass, add more ice if you want, and enjoy!
- If you want, you can get the inside of a martini glass with either lime juice or water. Then dip into a small plate of kosher salt before pouring the drink inside.
8. Bloody Mary
- Three tablespoons of vodka
- 1/8 teaspoon of celery salt
- One teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 ounces of tomato juice
- Three drops of hot sauce
- A dash of pepper
- Three drops of Worcestershire sauce
- One small dollop horseradish
- Lemon wedge, olives, cocktail shrimp, celery stalk to garnish- optional
- Mix vodka, lemon juice, and tomato juice in a tall glass.
- Add the other ingredients and check for taste. Adjust if needed.
- Pour into a glass to serve and add ice cubes and garnish with whichever garnish you like.
Tips To Help You Get Your Body Back In Ketosis in Case Drinking kicks You Out.
1. Intermittent Fasting
This is a period of short fasts, so you aren’t entirely starving yourself over a while. You only eat during a specific period that you set for yourself.
You will only give yourself 8 hours during the day to eat, and this provides you with 16 hours of no food.
Fasting isn’t going to be easy; however, it will help you get into ketosis. Your body will burn more energy as you aren’t eating nearly as much. It’s going to need to find energy from sources you have in your body.
This means your body will only burn fat, which is bound to happen even if your body is a sugar burner right now.
2. Increase Your Physical Activity
Any diet you partake in is going to ask you to do some physical activity.
When your body is in ketosis, you can lose a large amount of weight. However, if you want to shed the fat and it stays off, you have to include physical activity in your daily routine.
You don’t have to go to the gym for hours and hours every single day, but you should do something. The more you’re able to do, the faster you’ll see results.
If you’re able to get into ketosis, you may see an increase in your physical performance.
Physical activity can help you get into ketosis faster too.
Since you’ll already be cutting back on the carbs, your body won’t be able to use that as an energy source. So, when you do any physical activity, your body will be forced to look for fats to burn.
3. Eat More Protein
When your body is making the transition from a sugar burner to a fat burner, there’s going to be a time where your body wants to try and get its energy from your muscles.
And you wouldn’t want this to happen because it will take away from your muscle mass.
Eating enough protein allows your body to maintain its muscle. Even if your body tries to eat away at your muscle, having enough protein will help your body not lose any muscle mass.
Protein helps your body achieve ketosis by providing the necessary amino acids to your liver to make them into glucose for areas of your body that can’t use ketones.
When parts of your body can’t use ketones, it needs to use something else, and glucose is the next best choice.
Now that you know how you can drink alcohol while on a keto diet, these keto alcoholic drinks, however, should be consumed in moderation.
Also, ensure to check with your doctor before taking any of these keto alcoholic drinks. This is because mixing alcohol with keto might have harmful side effects, especially if you are suffering from fatty liver diseases.
That said, make sure you try any of the above-listed recipes and enjoy yourself at all times!