Keto Breakfast Recipes are a subset of the keto diet recipes as a whole. The only difference is that these recipes are meant to be prepared and eaten in the morning.
When on a ketogenic diet, the body uses the stored fat as its fuel, thereby increasing the levels at which the body burns fat.
Asides weight loss or fat burn, keto diet helps to keep the body energized always, brain running at best and you tend to crave less.
As you are trying to burn fat and lose weight, you need to pay attention to your breakfast. On a keto diet, you can’t get a fast result with high-carb breakfast, therefore, a keto breakfast is important for a quick weight loss.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. For me, if I skip breakfast, I will never get a hold of myself all through the day, no matter what I eat for lunch.
Some people claim to have breakfast- grains, cereals, and all other processed stuff which should not be. They have breakfast, but it is the wrong choice for breakfast as it can make the body retain unnecessary weight.
For the sake of this post, I will be sharing with you my top 10 keto breakfast recipes which I tried when I was still new to this keto diet.
These keto breakfast recipes helped me burn fat because at some point, I overindulged and everything went south! It is deliciously nourishing, and even till now, I make them for myself and my family.
10 Easy Low Carb, Fat-Burning Keto Breakfast Recipes For Beginners
1. Bacon And Egg Fat Bombs
- 2 large eggs- you can use free-range or organic
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- freshly ground black pepper
- A quarter teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 4 large slices of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit while you prepare a baking tray by lining it with a baking paper.
- Arrange the bacon strips on the baking tray making sure they do not overlap then transfer to the oven.
- Leave it to bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and when done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil the eggs in a small saucepan and when they are boiled, remove and keep in a bowl of cold water.
- Peel the shells when cooled and cut the butter in bits, and add the quartered eggs.
- Using a fork, mash and add mayonnaise then season with salt and pepper making sure you mix well.
- Add in the bacon grease and mix till combined.
- Transfer to the fridge for about 30 minutes or until it is firm enough to form fat bombs.
- Now crumble the bacon into bits and prepare for breading.
- Remove the egg mixture from the fridge and using an ice-cream scooper, form into six balls.
- Coat each ball in the bacon crumbles and arrange on a tray that will sit well in the fridge.
- Serve immediately.
2. Scrambled Eggs With Smoked Salmon
- 3 oz wild-caught smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon of capers- drained
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of shallots- diced
- 1 teaspoon of Fox Point Penzey’s seasoning or any seasoning of choice
- Season and beat the eggs then cook them over low heat.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, then top with capers, shallots, and wild salmon.
3. Avocado And Salmon Low Carb Breakfast
- 2 oz of wild-caught salmon- smoked
- 1 tablespoon of fresh soft goat cheese
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 ripe avocado
- A pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 2 tbs of organic extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and process until roughly chopped.
- Scoop the content of the food processor into the avocado pits and serve immediately.
4. Keto Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 egg
- 2 sausage patties
- 2 tablespoon of sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese
- 1/4 medium avocado- sliced
- Half a teaspoon of sriracha- or to taste
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Cook sausages as instructed on their pack in a skillet over medium heat and set aside.
- Combine sharp cheddar and cream cheese in a bowl and pop into the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Mix the cheese with sriracha and keep it on the side.
- Now season egg and fry to make an omelet and fill the omelet with the cheese and sriracha mixture.
- Arrange the sandwich and enjoy!
5. Almond Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of almond flour. Keep a tablespoon on the side
- One tablespoon of granulated sugar- this is optional
- Half a cup of full-fat cream cheese
- Butter- to fry
- Pour all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat and pour in the batter in bits.
- Fry the pancakes until they are golden brown and serve.
6. Breakfast Asparagus With Bacon Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh chives- chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 6 sprigs of trimmed asparagus
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices of bacon- diced
- Trim the asparagus and throw away the stems.
- In an iron skillet, heat the diced bacon on medium heat for about 4 minutes or until crispy before removing from heat, leaving the drippings.
- Transfer the asparagus to the pan and let cook until tender. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs over the asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the chives over the top.
- Leave it to cook until the egg whites are set, and the yolks are set on medium to low heat.
- Add the diced bacon and serve!
7. Dijon Pork Breakfast Skillet
- 1 lb of ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon custard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 8 oz of coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 medium zucchini- trimmed and cut into half-moon slices
- Heat one Tbs of oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat and add the mushroom to brown for about 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini and season with pepper and salt to taste and cook for some 4 minutes more.
- Use a big spoon to shift all the veggies to one side of the skillet leaving the middle of the pan bare.
- Now add the ground pork and spices and cut the meat into pieces and brown in the pan.
- Once the meat is well cooked, mix it with the veggies and add dijon mustard and leave it to heat for some minutes.
- Check for seasoning and add more if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
8. Almond Crusted Breakfast Keto Cheesecake
This Almond Crusted Breakfast Keto Cheesecake is also one of the keto breakfast recipes you can try as a beginner.
For the crust:
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter
- 2 cups of whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons of any sweetener
For the filling:
- 6 eggs
- 16 oz of friendship dairies 4% California style cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Topping- 1/4 cup of frozen mixed thawed berries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine 4 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of sweetener and the almonds into the food processor and pulse it.
- Spray muffin pans with grease and pour the dough into the muffin pans and bake in the oven for about 8 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the cottage and cream cheese in the food processor, then process until smooth.
- Add the sweetener and the vanilla and almond extracts and process some more.
- Break and add the eggs to the food processor and pulse again until smooth and well combined.
- Divide the batter into the muffin cups, bake for additional 4o minutes until the center firms up.
- Remove from the oven and leave it to cool completely. You can put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before you remove it from the pan.
- Serve with thawed frozen berries.
9. Warm Breakfast Salad
- 12 ounces of broccoli coleslaw salad mix
- 1/3 cup chopped shallot or red onion
- A tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/3 cup chopped peeled butternut squash
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil or butter- divided into parts
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic. You can substitute this with one minced garlic clove
- One avocado- sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and black pepper each
- 1/3 cup of blueberries
- Roasted pumpkin seeds- this is optional
- Cilantro and red pepper flakes to garnish
- Prepare your veggies by peeling and chopping your veggies and spice your avocado at this point.
- Arrange the chopped squash into a steamer or in a microwave-safe dish with one tablespoon of water.
- Leave it to steam for about 3 minutes or cook until it is tender but not mushy.
- Remove from the steamer or microwave, drain the water and set it aside.
- Place one tablespoon of butter or oil in a small skillet over high heat and add the chopped onions.
- Let the onions fry until it starts to brown now add your slaw, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and a tablespoon of water.
- Mix all the ingredients in a skillet and leave it to cook on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Make sure that the slaw is slightly cooked before you remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the squash and 1/3 cup of berries to the bowl and mix until well combined. Then using the same skillet, fry the eggs using 1/2 tablespoon of butter or oil.
- Let it fry until crispy and the yolk still in shape. This should take about 4 minutes or more based on your preference.
- Serve the slaw and add the fried egg over it. Add cilantro, extra salt or pepper and a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds.
- You can have sliced avocado on the side to serve with.
10. Keto Chorizo Omelette
For the omelet:
- 1/4 cup of spinach- chopped
- 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese- shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of white onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces of chorizo
- 1/8 cup of diced avocado
- 1 slice of bacon- crumbled
- A tablespoon of sour cream
- Cook the chorizo as instructed on the package while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk eggs, onion, and heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl then transfer the mixture into a non-stick skillet over low to medium heat.
- When the omelet is cooked enough, flip it over and sprinkle cheese on the other side and leave to cook evenly.
- Remove from heat and put on a plate then add chorizo to the omelet and roll egg.
- Add diced avocado, sour cream, bacon, and more chorizo.
Now that you have a list of keto breakfast recipes to follow, there is nothing to be scared about. These recipes are detailed and straightforward, so be sure to get in the kitchen right away and make one for yourself.