Keto Diet Recipes are a low carb diet with a high fat and protein level that you can help you burn off those fats. Eating meals on a keto diet recipe plan has a lot of weight loss, healthy living, and performance benefits.
It looks and tastes great and will help you lose weight- plus, they are easy to make. So, on one of those lazy days, you can quickly treat yourself to a healthy keto diet.
On a ketogenic diet, the following should be included in your diet:
- Leafy green veggies like spinach, kale, and lot more
- Meats such as beef, lamb, fish, poultry
- High Fat Dairy like high fat cream, butter, and hard cheeses
- Nuts and seeds- walnuts, macadamias, etc
- Avocado and berries
- Over the ground, vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
To know more about the keto diet recipes you can try out, which will, in turn, help you lose weight, read on!
1. Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups
This is one of the ketogenic diet recipes that does not only look good; it tastes great too!
To make the cheese cups, You need:
- 6-8 slices of Colby jack cheese. You can use any cheese of choice.
- Three tablespoons of red onion- diced.
- 2 Roma tomatoes- diced.
- Three tablespoons of cilantro
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno- finely diced.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice- use one lime for this.
Optional- for toppings
- Taco meat of choice, avocado, or sour cream.
- Preheat oven to a 375 degrees heat and then line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cheese slices on the lined baking sheet and bake until bubbly, and the sides begin to turn brown.
- After that’s done, remove it from the oven and leave it to cool.
- Pick up the cheese slices carefully and place it in a muffin tin for it to form the cup shape.
- Let it cool some more.
For the salsa,
- Add onions, jalapeno, lime juice, Roma tomatoes, and cilantro in a bowl with a lid.
- Cover the bowl and allow it to stay in the fridge for 3o minutes. You can keep it longer than that as the longer it stays in the fridge, the tastier it has.
- Fill the cheese cups with desired fillings and toppings.
2. Avocado Egg Salad
- Four large hard-boiled eggs- deshelled and diced
- Two green onions- thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of non-fat plain yogurt
- One tablespoon of low-fat sour cream
- Four slices of low sodium bacon. Cook it until it’s crisp and crumbly.
- One avocado- sliced
- One freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- Crumbled bacon and dill to garnish. This is, however, optional.
- One tablespoon of snipped fresh dill
- In a salad bowl, combine diced eggs, avocado, green onions, and bacon. Keep this bowl on the side.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream, lime juice, dill, salt, and pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Add yogurt mixture to the egg salad; stir until combined.
- Garnish with dill and crumbled bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
3. Tuna Fish Salad
- 2 cups of mixed greens
- 1/4 cup of freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of freshly chopped mint leaves
- One large tomato- diced
- One small zucchini- sliced lengthwise
- Ten large kalamata olives- pitted
- 1/2 avocado- diced
- One green onion- sliced
- One tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- One tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- A can of chunk light tuna in water- drained
- 3/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon of Himalayan or sea salt
- Using a hot-cast iron skillet grill pan, grill the zucchini slices on both sides.
- Remove from heat, then allow it to cool for some minutes.
- Then cut the zucchini slices into bite-size pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour all the ingredients and gently stir until they get thoroughly combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
4. Broccoli Cheese soup
- Four garlic cloves- finely minced
- 4 cups of broccoli- cut them into florets
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Three and a half cups of chicken or vegetable broth- depending on your choice.
- Three cups of pre-shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute garlic in a large pot, over medium heat until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, chopped broccoli, and heavy cream.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce heat and let it simmer until broccoli becomes tender.
- Gradually add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir until it is all melted. Add it in half a cup at a time.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and remove from heat when the cheese is all melted.
5. Loaded Cauliflower
This Loaded Cauliflower is a meal on these keto diet recipes list that I love. It is made with sour cream, butter, chives, cheese, and bacon. It is a low carb diet that boosts weight loss!
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- Two tablespoons of snipped chives
- Two slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
- 4 ounces of sour cream
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Three tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into florets before putting them into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of water and cover with a cling film.
- Pop into the microwave and microwave it for about 8 minutes- until cooked.
- Sift the excess water and leave it uncovered for two minutes
- Pour the cauliflower into a food processor, add garlic, butter, and sour cream.
- Process until smooth and fluffy like that of mashed potatoes.
- Pour the blend into a bowl before adding some part of the chives, half the cheddar cheese, and mix well.
- Use the remaining chives, cheese, and bacon as toppings.
- When that is done, put back in the microwave and allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
6. Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
This is another one from the keto diet recipes you can treat yourself to. It is made with healthy ingredients, and it tastes great. Yum!
- 1½ pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts- thinly sliced
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- One teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- A cup of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- Slosh olive oil into a large skillet and let the chicken cook on medium to high heat for 5 minutes.
- Flip each side over at intervals. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add chicken broth, garlic powder, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese and whisk.
- Whisk continuously over medium to high heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to cook.
- Now, add the chicken to the pan. You can serve over pasta or as desired.
Note: If you want to serve over pasta, remember to double the sauce to make it saucy.
7. Chicken Broccoli
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil. Keep an additional teaspoon at hand.
- 2 cups of small broccoli florets
- Two teaspoons of freshly minced ginger
- One cup of sliced mushrooms. Add more broccoli if you do not like mushrooms.
- One teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of oyster sauce
- One teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth or water
- Two teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- One teaspoon of soy sauce
- One teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook the broccoli and mushrooms for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook some more.
- When it is cooked, remove from heat and transfer the vegetables to a plate.
- Clean the pot and reheat it.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Arrange them in the pan and cook for 4 minutes o until the sides are cooked and golden brown.
- Pour the vegetables into the pan and cook for an additional two minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, chicken broth, oyster sauce together until combined.
- In another bowl, mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables- cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the cornstarch and let the mixture boil until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve immediately. You can serve with rice or as desired.
8. Zucchini Pasta With Chicken And Pistachios
To make the noodles,
- 1 kg of zucchini (courgettes)
- A tablespoon of salt
- One tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Two cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
For the chicken,
- Four boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- One tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil or ghee
- One teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
To make the aromatics.
- 7-10 fresh mint leaves
- Two scallions
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of shelled pistachios
- Make the zucchini noodles with a spiralizer and place it in a colander.
- Toss with salt and leave it to drain.
- Pound the chicken o half an inch thickness, then slice it crosswise into strips.
- Heat the pot and warm the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Continuously stir for it to coat.
- Let the chicken cook for 6 minutes while flipping from side to side (3 minutes for each side).
- Once the chicken is cooked, place on a plate and cover lightly with an aluminum foil.
- Make the aromatics by adding all the ingredients into a bowl and mixing it with a fork. Set aside.
- Finish the noodles by adding olive oil, garlic, pepper, and cumin in a bowl. Mix with a fork and put aside.
- Rinse the zucchini noodles under running water and squeeze in a clean paper towel to remove excess water.
- Reheat the pot you used to make the chicken and pour in the zucchini and saute until tender.
- Add the garlic oil to the pan and cook. Now mix the zucchini noodles until well coated.
- Now add the chicken and the mint-pistachio mixture and mix to combine.
There you have a selection of 8 best keto diet recipes that are not only good for improved weight loss but are also delicious and tasty! Each meal in this recipe serves you a load of health benefits too.
Did you try any of these recipes? Let us know how that went in the comment section below.