Keto Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes- Thanksgiving is here, Yay! But that is no excuse for letting go of your diets. During this period, you will be tempted to indulge in “unhealthy” foods, but you just have to be strong.
Also, being Keto and hosting a Thanksgiving dinner can somehow be complicated. This is because not everyone follows a keto diet as you do and serving them keto diets can be unappealing. However, do not worry! These keto thanksgiving dinner recipes are lifesavers!
If you are one person that is willing to eat right during this period, these keto thanksgiving dinner recipes are for you. And you can make it so that your guests will have fun eating it.
1. Shredded Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 pound lacinato kale (also known as black, dinosaur or Tuscan kale)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- One teaspoon of anchovy paste (or 2 anchovy fillets mashed up)
- One garlic clove, grated or minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- A cup of grated pecorino. Keep more on the side for sprinkling
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cutaway the ends of the Brussel sprouts to remove any discolored outer leaves. Split each sprout in half from top to bottom.
- Split brussels sprouts with a sharp knife or a food processor fitted with a slicing disc.
- Remove the kale ribs and chop the leaves into bite-sized strips. Leave sprouts and kale in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Add lemon juice, anchovy paste, garlic, red pepper and kosher salt in a small bowl, mix well to combine.
- Whisk in olive oil until well combined. Drizzle over the prepared greens, and with your hands, rub the dressing on the shredded and chopped leaves.
- Mix in pecorino and toasted walnuts.
- Leave the salad to sit at room temperature for 20 – 25 minutes until the leaves are tender.
- Now, add more kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon salad in a big bowl, and top with a sprinkling of pecorino cheese.
- Store any leftover salad covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
2. Festive Butter Roast
- One large butternut squash
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- One red onion
- Two cloves garlic- peeled and crushed or finely chopped
- 100 grams of puy lentils
- 100 grams of fresh cranberries
- Two stalks of fresh rosemary- leaves stripped and finely chopped
- Two stalks of fresh thyme- leaves removed
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 150 ml red wine
- 150 ml of vegetable stock
- 8 grams of finely chopped fresh spinach
- 50 grams of roughly chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and slice the butternut squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and spray with little oil.
- Transfer it to the oven and allow to bake until the flesh is soft enough- this should take 40 minutes.
- Once it softens, remove from the oven and leave it to cool.
- In a big saucepan, heat the olive oil, add garlic and onion and fry on low heat until translucent.
- Add lentils, thyme leaves, cranberries, red wine, nutmeg, rosemary, and the vegetable stock into the saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- While it is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and leave it to simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender and crispy. Stir in between the cooking.
- Remove the flesh from half the butternut squash using a spoon and put the flesh into the pan of lentils.
- Mash gently using a fork and repeat this process for the other half of the butternut squash.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Add the pistachios and spinach into the lentil mixture.
- Mix well and scoop the mixture into both halves of the squash until the top is smooth.
- Now place one half over the other half and tie with strings, every 4 centimeters.
- Put back into the oven for about 10 minutes, and it is ready!
3. Tomato Basil Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- Two tablespoons of tomato paste
- Three tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- An egg
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of salt
- Two tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- One tablespoon of chopped basil
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and in a bowl, add turkey, two tablespoons of tomato paste, three tablespoons of chopped basil, almond flour, egg, one teaspoon of salt and garlic powder.
- Mix well until combined.
- Roll the meat mixture and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Mold into a loaf shape- about 8 inches x 4 inches.
- In another bowl, mix chopped tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon of chopped basil, a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Spoon this mixture over the meatloaf and even out the top.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 30 minutes.
4. Green Beans Fries
- 12 oz. green beans
- One large egg
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder- this is however optional.
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika- this is also optional.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F while ensuring that your green beans are dry, and the sprouty ends are cut off.
- Next, in a shallow plate, mix the grated Parmesan cheese with the seasonings till they are evenly combined.
- Whisk an egg in a bowl that is large enough to coat the green beans.
- Soak a handful of green beans in the egg and allow the excess drop off for a bit.
- Gently place the green beans in the Parmesan cheese mixture and sprinkle some cheese over it. Toss gently with your hands.
- Place the green beans on a big, greased baking sheet ensuring that there is room on all sides to turn crispy in the oven.
- Leave to bake for 10 minutes, and check to see that the cheese has become slightly golden in color.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Serve with some spicy ranch or mayo. Yum!
5. Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- one 16 oz can of organic firm tofu
- 2 cups of pure pumpkin puree- canned
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Two tablespoons of roasted almond butter
- Two teaspoons of English Toffee-Flavored Stevia Extract
- 2 teaspoons of natural maple flavor
- Two teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- One teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Remove the tofu from the can, drain and rinse it.
- Press the tofu block in between paper towels to soak in the excess water.
- Put the tofu in a high-speed blender, add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and even.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust taste if needed.
- Scoop into serving bowls, cover and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!.
6. Apple Cranberry Bacon Candied Walnut Salad
- 8-oz of baby spinach
- 1/3 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- One small romaine lettuce head- chopped
- Two thinly sliced Honeycrisp apples
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- One red bell pepper- diced
- Six slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 small thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup of caramelized walnuts
For Apple Poppy Seed Dressing;
- 3-4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. This can change based on how tangy you want it to taste.
- 1/4 cup of honey
- Three tablespoons of sugar
- One tablespoon of poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of dry minced onion
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Keep in the refrigerator while you prepare your salad, and when you are done with the salad.
- Mix again before you drizzle over the salad.
- To serve, combine all the salad ingredients in a big bowl and drizzle the dressing over it.
- Shake to combine. You can also serve individually.
7. Bourbon Honey Glazed Carrots
This is one of the ketogenic diet recipes that non-bourbon lovers can try out. You can substitute the bourbon with a bit of maple syrup. It will have the same delicious taste.
- 1 lb. of carrots (peeled and cut into 1/4″ diagonal slices)
- Three tablespoons of butter
- Three tablespoons of bourbon (or maple syrup)
- 2/3 cup of water
- Three tablespoons of honey
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy large skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat and leave until the carrots are tender and liquid is reduced to glaze.
- Stir for about 10 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
8. Vegan And Grain-Free Pie Cups
For the crust,
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- One tablespoon of water
- Two tablespoons of maple syrup
For the filling,
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- One teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of baked and mashed sweet potato
- Mix the ingredients needed to make the crust with a fork until well combined. It should be crumbly but should stick together when it is pressed.
- Drizzle oil on your muffin pan before placing a strip of parchment paper in each for easy removal.
- Press the crust into the muffin tins, making sure to cover the bottom and sides evenly. When done, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before blending the ingredients for the filling until creamy.
- Pour the blended mix into the crusts and smoothen out the tops.
- Pop into the oven and leave it to bake for about 30 minutes.
- When it is evenly baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool- you can decide to leave it overnight.
- Serve, enjoy, and keep refrigerated.
9. Keto Apple Slaw
- 3 cups of broccoli slaw
- One apple
- 1 stalk green onion
- 2 oz pecans
- Two teaspoons of poppy seeds
- One teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- A quarter cup of sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Measure out 3 cups of broccoli slaw and mix it with an apple.
- Add a stalk of green onions and some pecans to it.
- Pour in the lemon juice, poppy seeds, apple cider vinegar, mayo, and sour cream.
- Mix very well and season with some extra salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
10. Butternut Squash And Feta Gratin
- 6 cups butternut squash (or pumpkin, kabocha, etc.), peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized cubes
- One small onion- diced
- Four cloves garlic- chopped
- One tablespoon of thyme- chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 3/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano (parmesan)
- 1 cup of crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare your baking sheet by lining it with a parchment paper.
- Mix the ingredients and pour them into the baking sheet.
- Bake until it is golden brown and tender with the sides bubbly. This should take about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave it to cool.
If you have other amazing keto thanksgiving dinner recipes, you love making for Thanksgiving, be sure to add them in the comments below! Also, tell us about your experiences about any of these keto thanksgiving dinner recipes that you tried.