Lemon Water – If you’ve been in the weight loss game for quite a while, you should probably know that drinking water works amazingly for fast weight loss. I take as much as eight glasses of water daily to lose weight.
But it is a BORING routine for me. Until I found out some incredible recipes of lemon water for weight loss, drinking plain water wasn’t a fun thing for me.
Generally, detox water recipes for fast weight loss are excellent alternatives to drinking just water to lose weight.
Unlike ordinary water, homemade weight loss detox drinks contain water infused with some power fat-burning ingredients like lemon, lime, berries, watermelon, pineapple, and so on.
I have quite some recipes for weight loss drinks, but an ingredient that I never leave out is lemon. Lemons are highly exceptional when it comes to losing weight. They contain essential compounds that speed up your body’s metabolism to burn fat.
This is why lemon water recipes for weight loss are my number one solution to blast fats away. They are made from lemon juice.
The juice squeezed from the lemon fruit mixed with water, and some other ingredients are what give you your lemon water drink. This drink can be served hot or cold.
Lemon juice is often used to make lemonade and other lemon beverages, which are undeniably flavorful and tasty.
In this article, I’ll share with you some of the benefits of lemons and how using it works for weight. Also, be ready to for a list of tasty lemon water for weight loss and fat burning.
Benefits of Lemon Juice
For centuries, lemon has been used to cure diseases and ailments. The whole fruit, with its pulp, the juice, the rind, and the zest, is used for cooking as well as home remedies.
Adding lemon juice to water is an excellent metabolism booster for quick weight loss. Apart from losing weight, it is a secret to staying healthy, looking beautiful, and maintaining glowing skin.
Here are some of the impressive benefits of lemon juice as home remedies, skin, and hair treatment.
Lemon Juice for Remedies
- Treatment of common cold, flu, runny nose, and itchy nasal passage.
- Teeth whitening: The acidic property of lemon will remove all the dirt attached to your teeth and make them sparkly white.
- Warm water mixed with lemon juice gives instant relief for a cough and sore throat.
- The antibacterial content of lemon reduces and prevents inflammation and pain.
- Lemons help to treat indigestion and constipation.
- The citric acid content in the lemon helps dissolve kidney stones and flush out toxins from the liver.
- Reduces nausea and vomiting during pregnancy
- An excellent home remedy for acid reflux and heartburn.
- Warm water with lemon juice is a fantastic everyday dose to treat psoriasis. The citric acid present in lemon juice eases dryness and flaking, and the anti-inflammatory properties soothe inflammation
- A highly effective remedy for nose bleeding.
Lemon Juice For Skin Care
Lemon juice has been proven to be a fantastic way to improve skin condition and cure some skin diseases. You can use lemon to treat:
- dark elbows
- Eye bags
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Skin lightening
- Oily skin
Lemon Benefits For Hair
Keeping some lemon juice at home makes it easy for you groom an excellent, long, and flawless hair texture. You can use lemon to treat:
- hair loss
- itchy scalp
- hair lice
Lemon Water For Weight Loss- How It Works
1. Suppresses Appetite
You make this drink with a combination of lemon juice and water. The lemon juice contains some compounds which function as appetite suppressants. Taking the drink will make you eat less, consume fewer calories, and cause weight loss fast.
2. Keeps Cravings Down
Compounds contained in lemon juice also have a way of reducing your cravings for food. Lemon-flavored water makes you feel fuller and prevent you from eating more than you should.
3. Best Alternative to Drinks High in Calorie
Instead of gulping some energy drinks, soda, or sweet coffee, lemon-flavored water is a perfect low-calorie drink for you.
Most drinks, beverages, and alcohol contribute highly to weight gain. Keeping lemon water handy, hot or cold, will save you from the temptation of opting for the sugar-high drinks. It is also a far better choice than many other beverages out there.
4. Boosts metabolism
Drinking lemon water is a sure way to kick-start your body metabolism. When you do this, you are at the peak of revving the fat-burning abilities of your body.
5. Keeps You Hydrated
You must have heard it said that it is okay to drink a lot of water to lose weight fast. This isn’t a fallacy.
According to research, it was confirmed that low water intake is associated with obesity and lesser success in weight reduction.
When you keep yourself hydrated by drinking water(spiced with lemon), then you feel less thirsty. Usually, the brain wrongly interprets thirst to be hunger, which may cause overeating and then weight gain.
Drinking a lot of water will keep your cravings down and avoid unnecessary hunger.
Lemon Water Recipes for Weight Loss
You could have your lemon water in multiple ways. Other fruits can add up to the ingredients you will use to spice up and make your drink taste great.
Here are some suggested tasty lemon water recipes to get rid of body fat and toxins.
1. Lemon Cucumber Water
Spicing up your lemon water with a bit of cucumber gives you a classic detox drink.
Cucumbers have a great taste and are fantastic metabolism boosters. Lemon and cucumber taste good together. The combination is a way to up your lemon water for weight loss.
- Sliced half fresh lemon
- Thin-slice 1/4 cucumber
- Put all ingredients in a pitcher.
- Put in the refrigerator for some minutes.
- Drink and enjoy your lemon detox water when chilled
2. Warm Lemon Water with Honey
This is another lovely recipe for your homemade lemon water for weight loss. A glass of this detox drink every morning will help to keep the hunger rate at bay, lessen your sugar cravings and make you feel great.
I particularly like this recipe because of the natural sweetness of honey that I can’t resist.
- Fresh lemon(half)
- A teaspoon of honey
- Warm water
- Blend the lemon into juice.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with the lemon juice in a cup of warm water
3. Hot Lemon Water with Mint
Mint tea is a unique and healthy herbal tea. It is famous for being used for numerous home remedies. A mint flavor in your hot lemon drink is a perfect drink for a cold morning.
- Mint sprigs
- One cup of warm water
- Get the juice of half of a fresh lemon
- Pour the lemon juice into a cup of hot water and mix with a few mint sprigs.
- Serve and enjoy your lemon mint water.
- A natural sweetener could make it taste. You can add one teaspoon of honey to your hot lemon-mint drink.
4. Lemon Ginger Water
Apart from the smell of ginger, I love the great taste it gives. Lemon and ginger boost your metabolism and make fat-burning fat. This recipe for weight loss is a great way to start a day.
- Hot water
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- Slice one full lemon and your ginger thinly
- Boil 3 cups of water
- Add ginger and lemon to the boiling water.
- Leave the ingredients to sit in hot water for about 25 minutes.
- Strain and drink.
5. Lemon Cucumber Mint Water
This is my superpower recipe lemon water for weight loss. It contains a perfect blend of 3 fantastic fat-burning foods: lemon, mint, and cucumber.
With this detox drink, boosting your body’s metabolism wouldn’t be a problem. Not only is the taste delicious, but it’s also a drink that will cleanse your system and make you stay healthy.
- Medium-sized cucumber
- Mint leaves
- Clean the cucumber, three lemons and 12 mint leaves properly
- Thinly slice cucumber and lemons
- Put cucumber, lemons and mint leaves in a pitcher
- Add 12 cups of water
- Leave in the fridge for about 5 hours
- Serve and enjoy!
6. Lemon Berry Water
If you are a fan of berries, then this recipe is right for you. This is a tasty detox water recipe that combines power fruits, which will speed up your body fat burning abilities.
The taste of lemons mixed blueberries and raspberries is very delicious.
- A small handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
- A small handful of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 sliced lemon
- ½ gallon of water
- In a large pitcher, place all the berries and lemons
- Then, add water and leave in a fridge overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
7. Lemon Water with Cucumber, and Blueberry
- 1/2 medium-sized cucumber chopped into small chunks
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 of a lemon cut into rings or wedges
- Place all ingredients in a tumbler of water and refrigerate until cold
- Serve and enjoy every gulp of it
8. Lemon, Strawberry, Mint Drink
To get the best weight loss ingredients ever, this recipe is perfect. The pleasant taste of the strawberries is matched with the sourness of the lemons, and the cooling mint flavor rounds it out entirely.
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 15 strawberries quartered
- 5 mint leaves
- Pack the berries into the bottom of the glass below the ice
- Top it with the bright yellow lemon slices,
- Add mint leaves
- Include some water
- Leave to chill before drinking
9. Lemon Lime Detox Water
I call this recipe my Lazy lemon water for weight loss as it’s about the easiest to make. Lemons and limes are filled with fantastic fat-burning, metabolism-boosting vitamins.
- 8 cups of water
- 2 lemons
- 1 lime
- Pour 8 cups of water in a pitcher or large bowl.
- Wash lemons and limes, cut into thin slices and add to water.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before drinking, and enjoy!
10. Lemon Cayenne Pepper Drink
Lemon mixed with some cayenne pepper has been a useful and famous fat-loss drink. Asides weight loss increases metabolism, stimulates the circulatory system, aid digestion, and help regulate blood sugar.
- 8 ounces of water
- Half of a lemon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Get the juice of 1/2 fresh lemon.
- Add honey and a pinch of cayenne pepper to a cup of warm water
- Mix with the lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Drinking lemon water helps to support hydration, improve metabolism, promote fullness, and speed up weight loss. It is a tasty and easy to make a low-calorie replacement for high-calorie beverages.
Since it contains low calories, it is perfect for improving weight loss and boosting general health.