General body workouts help you keep fit, getting rid of some excess body fat. But sometimes, you want to pay attention to specific body parts that need a little more work. This is to help you get faster results on such a part.
Now that losing some thigh fat is your goal, this article will guide you on how to lose thigh fat fast.
Right up there with the belly, the thighs are a region that most women don’t want to hate. When effective exercise is combined with a healthy diet and overall weight loss, these 10 leg toners can result in a lower body you’ll love!
These moves go beyond traditional leg lifts to slim and shape your inner thighs from every angle. Do these 10 workouts one after another with no rest in between. Then redo the circuit one or two more times. Do this full workout three to four days a week, and you’ll get an answer to your question of how to lose thigh fat.
First, I think it is essential that we quickly talk about the anatomy of the thigh. This will help you know what makes up your thigh and whether you have more fat stored up in your thigh or just large muscles.
This will, in turn, help in the choice of which workouts will be more effective for you to get slimmer thigh.
The Anatomy Of The Thigh
The thigh is made up of the different muscles; hamstrings, abductors, quadriceps, gastrocnemius, tibialis anterior, and soleus. Okay calm down, I’ll explain what those jargon mean.
- The hamstrings are three muscles at the back of your thigh. They are responsible for your ability to flex your knee and extend your hip.
- The abductors are the inner thigh muscles.
- Quadriceps are four long muscles at the front of the thigh. They help to extend the legs straight.
- The gastrocnemius, also called the calf muscle, is one large muscle that connects to the heel. It helps extend the foot, ankle, and knee.
- Tibialis anterior is the muscle that makes up your shin, which helps you to flex your ankle.
- The soleus is the muscle that extends from the back of the knee to the heel responsible for standing and walking.
Now that you have an idea of the muscles in your thigh let me quickly tell you that your gene is responsible for the length of your thigh. I’m sorry there’s about no workout you can do to change that.
Your gender, however, and your body type and shape determine fat deposition in your body. Female sex hormones, for instance, direct fat to deposit around butt and thigh. And that, there’s a lot we can do to change.
Read Also: Best Lip Plumper Products – Our Top 15 Picks
Which Is Yours, Fatty Or Muscular Thigh?
What to do now is to determine what dominates that thigh you want to work on; is it fat or muscle? Take this simple test.
1. Stretch forth your leg; make sure it is straight.
2. Tighten your thigh muscles, like you want to see how much strength it holds.
3. Pinch the top layer of your thigh
If you’re able to pinch so much, we have more fat in that thigh than muscle, and you will probably notice cellulite on your leg. If there is little or hardly anything to pinch, we are looking at large thigh muscles with little fat, and you are not very likely to suffer cellulite.
Health Benefits Of Workouts
- Reduces your risk of heart disease.
- Enhances metabolism
- Lowers body sugar level and risk of high blood pressure
- Increases strength and flexibility
- It enhances good body posture.
13 Best Workouts To Lose Thigh Fat
The following are highly recommended 13 exercises to lose thigh fat very fast.
1. Forward Lunges
Quite simple. Remember the position you take when you kneel to tie your shoelace? (Something like the position of a guy on one knee to propose to a lady) that’s a forward lunge. Lunges help to build strength at the lower body and help even out muscle imbalances.
- Stand straight with your feet together
- Stretch one foot forward to make your thigh parallel to the ground
- Pull the foot you stretched forward back to return to starting position.
- Repeat with the other foot.
Very popular, right? The squat is one very effective exercise to lose thigh fat. It engages the largest muscle in the body, which strengthens muscles and reduces fat at the same time.
- Squats begin at an upright position.
- Then go down as though you want to sit down.
- Keep your back straight.
- Do not let your butt pass your knee, so you don’t damage the knees muscles.
- Go back up to the upright position.
3. Plies Exercises
This is a great exercise to tone both thigh and butt muscles. It is excellent for strengthening the calf muscles. Plies also target your inner thigh muscles and help you achieve firm inner thigh muscles.
Plies is squats with some ballerinas’ touch. It is squatting position with your toes pointing at a 45-degree angle.
4. Stepping Exercise
Have you ever ascended and descended a staircase before? Nice. If there’s an actual staircase, feel free to use it or a stepping machine. If not, try to improvise with available objects that can bear your weight then, ascend and descend.
Stepping exercise engages your thigh muscles and gluten. It helps to lose upper thigh fat.
5. Frog Bend
Frog bend is a very effective exercise to lose inner thigh fat because it engages the inner thigh.
- Frog bend, lie down on your back.
- Extend your legs straight over hips.
- Flex your feet with your heels together, and toes turned out.
- Slowly bend your knees out to the sides and then straighten using your inner-thigh muscles to control the movement.
7. Hip Raises
It’s just as its name sounds; hip raise.
- To raise your hip, stretch out your arms to your sides at a 45-degree angle.
- Tighten your butt.
- Then raise your hips to let your body form a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
8. Single-Leg Lateral Hop
Single leg lateral hop helps stretch and strengthen leg muscle, which reduces fat invariably.
- To get into the start position, stand on one leg with your knee slightly bent.
- Then, take a counter jump to hop sideways.
- Land on your jumping leg.
- Repeat immediately with the other leg.
9. Leg Circles
Leg circles are capable of helping you build lean inner thigh muscle, which also means you get to lose inner thigh fat. You can do this standing or on a mat.
- Keep your back straight, head up, and abs tight.
- Stretch for your foot, keep your toes pointed, and rotate the foot.
- Make sure to keep your body still while you rotate the foot.
Do not be afraid. You do not have to be a heavyweight champion. Lifting here means what you can conveniently carry, at least for a start. This will allow you to use some of the stored up fat and replace fat with muscle while you begin to see the skinny thigh you want.
Jogging is running at a slower pace and with less stress on the body. It increases physical fitness and helps build endurance. It also helps prevent muscle and bone damage; so, your thigh muscles are about to be lit and lean.
12. Brisk Walk
Walking is something most people do daily. What you probably do not know is how much walking can help you lose body fat, including the fat deposit at your thigh and also maybe how much work is needed.
A 15-minutes walk daily for beginners can help you maintain your fat deposits, and a little fast walking can strengthen muscle and help lose thigh fat.
13. Yoga Pose (Malasana pose)
Yoga works out body muscles and aids flexibility. Malasana pose is very effective at stretching the ankle and the back as well as the groin.
- First, squat with your feet close together.
- Now, try to keep your heels on the floor or as close as possible.
- Separate your thighs slightly wider than your torso.
- Then Lean your torso forward and fit it comfortably between your thighs.
- Press your elbows against your inner knees.
- Then bring your palms together in salutation seal and rest the elbows on the knees, which will help lengthen your front torso.
You do not necessarily need to perform every one of these workouts all at once. You can begin with two or three in 5 to 10 laps. As you progress, your thigh will gain strength and endurance to be able to do more. But remember, consistency is the key to achieving body goals and even any goal at all.
General fat loss requires the quality effort of both exercising and eating right. Talking about eating right, it’s healthy to feed more on protein than carbs. Fruits are about the most harmless things to eat and remember to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and aid digestion.
Also, do not forget that your genetics, gender, body type, and body shape have a lot to do with the shape and size of your thigh. So, do not be too hard on yourself. Do as much as you can at your own pace, pride in your efforts, and love the body you found yourself in.