Low carb dessert recipes- Indeed, there are advantages and pitfalls to eating a low carb diet. This is probably why you are unwilling to follow one anytime.
Low carb dessert exists, and they are as delicious, if not more palatable than the carb-filled alternative. Therefore, if you are looking into eating low carb foods, you do not need to stop eating dessert.
This article contains yummy healthy dessert recipes that are low in carbohydrate while being packed full of flavor and healthy nutrients. You can try one of these low carb dessert recipes one at a time to find your favorite and enjoy with your family and friends.
It is often easy to find healthy foods to prepare, but the problem is finding healthy low carb dessert recipes options for you to try out.
However, you do not have to worry since we have gone ahead to search for eight delicious low carb dessert recipes that you need to try!
1. Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
This recipe is a no dairy, low-carb, and gluten-free cookie. With just a few ingredients, the cookie tastes delicious, and browning the butter adds a lot of flavor to it.
- 1/2 cup of butter (or any spread of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar (or if you like brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of natural granulated sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Heat the butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat until bubbling.
Reduce the heat down to low; cover pan (optional but prevents butter spitting everywhere), and continue to cook while occasionally stirring till the butter begins to brown.
Be careful when lifting the lid off the pan as the butter may spit. Once it is browned, remove from heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
2. While butter is cooling, mix the egg and vanilla extract. Add the sugar and sweetener and whisk again until combined. Add the butter once it is cooled and mixed properly.
3. Sift in the almond flour (press any lumps gently over the sieve to sift quicker). Then, add the salt and half the chocolate chips; mix through gently till the batter is well combined and creamy.
It will be a little thicker than cookie dough. Spoon batter into skillet; top with remaining chocolate chips.
4. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until set on the top when pressed lightly and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cookie comes out clean.
5. Serve with sugar-free ice cream or frozen yogurt and enjoy it!
- If you do not have a cast-iron skillet, you can use a regular pan to brown the butter and a pie dish to bake the cookie
- You can replace natural sweetener with more coconut sugar or if you prefer, regular white sugar
- If you are a veggie, you can replace the egg with one flax egg
- Instead of almond flour, you can use 1 1/2 cups of light spelled flour, plain white, or all-purpose flour.
2. Simple Low-Carb Eggnog
I cook the eggs I use for this recipe. However, now you can buy free-range organic eggs from stores. However, you should be careful about what you buy since it is often impossible to determine where they come from or their exact age.
- 8 egg yolks
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 4 tablespoons of raw honey
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Rum to taste (Optional)
- Heat the heavy cream, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg in a saucepan
- While doing this, whisk the egg yolks and honey together until the mix is fluffy and light
- As the milk starts to steam, add a spoon of it to the egg mix while still whisking
- When the eggs get tempered, add it to the saucepan along with the rest of the milk mixture and leave it till it is alm0st boiling and thickening a bit
- Then, pour the eggnog into a bowl and allow it to stay in the fridge overnight. If you will like to add rum, stir it in just before placing the container in the refrigerator.
3. Fresh Berry Tarts with Cream
Another light and refreshing recipe on our list of low carb dessert recipes is the fresh berry tarts with cream. It is a favorite combination of berries and cream with a low carb twist.
The fresh berry tarts with cream recipe use fresh raspberries and blueberries that are nutrient-packed also with homemade whipped cream and candied almonds.
- 1/2 cup of Red Raspberries
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Blueberries
- 2/3 cup of slivered Almonds
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons of Sucralose based sweetener
- Heat broiler, chop almonds and divide them into 4 ramekins
- Now, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the sweetener over the almonds
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and allow to boil until the top of the nuts turn slightly golden and the sweetener melts
- Remove and allow to cool at room temperature
- Then, whip the heavy cream and the second tablespoon of sweetener until it is doubled in volume
- Place one-quarter of blueberries and one-quarter of raspberries in each ramekin and top it with a dollop of whipped cream
- Serve it immediately.
4. Walnut Keto Fudge
This fudge is one of the easiest desserts you need to try out! It only takes ten minutes to prepare, and all you need is five ingredients. The crunchy walnut and smooth chocolate you will use are a perfect pair for making a gluten-free, low-carb dessert.
- 40g of walnut pieces
- 3 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder
- 120g of softened butter
- 120g of softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sweetener of choice (you can add more to taste)
- Start by mixing the softened butter and cream cheese until there are no lumps
- Then, add the cocoa, sweetener, and vanilla and mix thoroughly
- After, add the walnuts and gently combine all ingredients
- Pour the mix into a lined dish or plate and place in the fridge to set
- Slice and serve.
5. Fruit Salad
This fruit salad is a fantastic way to add cheery color to your meal. It is also great for festive or celebratory dinners. It is filled with banana, kiwi, pineapple, pomegranate seeds, and apple to create a red, white, and green fruit salad.
Importantly, it is easy to make and equally delicious and satisfying.
- 2 whole Bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 whole Kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1/2 whole Pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 whole pomegranate, seeded
- 1 whole Apple, cored and diced
- Mix bananas, kiwi, pineapple, and apple together very well
- Then, add pomegranate seeds and serve the mix plain or over yogurt.
6. Honey Lavender Oven-Baked Apples
Oven-baked apples are an old classic recipe and a delicious and healthy way to satisfy your sweet cravings. However, you can make them more fun by adding a few choice ingredients like honey, coconut oil, and lavender to achieve an ultimate autoimmune protocol dessert.
This recipe does not require much time to prepare; you can place them in the oven before you start your meal, and they will be ready by the time you are done.
- 5 apples, skin on, halved and the core removed (preferably red apples)
- Five tablespoons of coconut oil
- Lavender, to taste
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Five teaspoons of honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Now, place the apple face up in an oven-safe baking dish or a broiler pan
- For each 1/2 apple, add 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon of honey, a dash of cinnamon, and a pinch of lavender
- Allow to bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the apples are tender
- Occasionally moisten the apples with baking juices and serve.
7. Sugar-Free Low-Carb Coffee Ricotta Mousse
Next on our list of low carb dessert recipes is the delicious sugar-free, low-carb coffee ricotta mousse. It is an excellent combination of whipped cream, coffee, and ricotta cheese.
The coffee gives you a caffeine boost while the ricotta helps to keep the mousse light and fluffy.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry gelatin
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of liquid vanilla stevia
- Shaved sugar free chocolate to garnish (optional)
- To start, pour the gelatin into the hot coffee and stir until it is well dissolved before setting aside to cool slightly
- Then, add the espresso, ricotta, vanilla extract, stevia and salt to a stand mixer
- Blend until every ingredient is thoroughly combined
- Now, pour in the cooled coffee-gelatin mixture and blend again until smooth
- Add your whipping cream and blend on high until the mix is thickened and whipped
- Afterward, spoon into serving dishes and garnish it with shaved chocolate if you have it
- Lastly, place in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
8. Coconut Almond Date Balls
Last on our list of low carb dessert recipes is the coconut almond date balls. For the high price they are sold for in stores, these balls are surprisingly easy to make!
All you need is to process all the ingredients in a food processor for a minute, roll them into a ball, and allow them to sit in a fridge or freezer for a bit.
- 1 cup of almond
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of dates, pitted (about 8)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Place the almond and shredded coconut in a food processor and blend until almonds are coarsely chopped
- Then, add other ingredients and process for about sixty seconds until everything is finely processed and the mixture is sticky
- Now, take one tablespoon at a time and roll the dough in your hands to form a nice smooth ball
- Put each ball on a parchment-lined baking sheet and continue this process until all the mixture is used up
- Afterward, place the tray in the fridge for an hour and allow the rolls to harden
- Serve rolls and enjoy
- You can store the balls in a refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
There you have our top 8 low carb dessert recipes. Each recipe is highly nutritious and easy to make. Also, if you are craving something sweet, these desserts are a great option instead of going for the sugar-filled options available on the market.
So, did you try any of these low carb dinner recipes? What did you think? Let’s keep the conversation going in the comment section below.
Also, if you know any other method not mentioned here, you can drop them in the comment section too.