Low-carb dinner recipes- To ensure proper and even weight loss, there has to be a meal or diet plan to follow. In most cases, people who feed on food high in carbohydrates gain weight fast, and they find it hard to lose weight.
Hence, this post is about low- carb dinner recipes for weight loss. When it comes to weight loss, low-carb diets are the way to go because it helps to lose more weight and keep them off than the low-fat diet.
A low-carb diet is a type of diet that says no to carbohydrate-loaded foods such as pasta, sugary foods, and bread. This is because when you cut down on sugary foods and carbohydrates, your blood sugar regularizes and the level at which your body stores fat drops.
And when this is done, your food intake will change, you will burn more fat and ultimately lose weight. Low-carb diets allow for the consumption of foods that are high in protein, healthy vegetables, and fats.
Although there are many different types of low-carb diet, you can try out. This post features 15 of the best and quick low-carb dinner recipes that will help you lose weight fast.
Here are 15 low-carb dinner recipes for fast weight loss you need to try out to achieve that body you want.
1. Shrimp and Sausage Paleo Skillet Meal
The first on my list of low-carb dinner recipes is shrimp and sausage paleo skillet meal. Imagine what that will taste like, Let’s try it.
Shrimp contains a high amount of protein, which is essential for weight loss. And the addition of vegetables to this recipe makes it one of the low-carb dinner recipes.
- 6 oz of pre-cooked smoked sausage- chopped. You can use your desired sausage.
- Medium or large shrimp- peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup medium yellow onion- diced
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper- diced
- 1 zucchini- chopped
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves- diced
- 2 teaspoons of old bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper- to taste.
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Coconut oil or olive oil.
- Chopped parsley- this is optional but can be used to garnish.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and pour in some coconut or olive oil.
- Toss the shrimp with old bay seasoning and cook for about 3 minutes.
- When that’s done, remove from heat and keep on the side.
- Using the same skillet, cook bell peppers and onions with 2 tablespoons of either olive or coconut oil for 2 minutes.
- Now add zucchini and sausage, let it cook for some more minutes
- Add the cooked shrimps and garlic back into the skillet and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and mix well.
- Finally, add salt, red pepper flakes, and ground pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and garnish with parsley.
- Serve hot!
2. Egg Roll In A Bowl
From the name of this recipe, you can get what it is. This recipe uses all the ingredients needed to make an egg roll but does not use the egg roll wrapper. This is another of the low-carb dinner recipes that does not load the body with extra calories. Hence, it is great for weight loss.
- A bag of dry coleslaw mix- this should contain carrots and sliced cabbage
- 5 garlic cloves- finely minced
- 1 lb of ground sausage
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- Green onion- sliced
- In a large deep skillet, pour the sausage and stir till brown.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in another bowl and set aside.
- Add the dry coleslaw mix to the pot containing sausage and stir till combined.
- Pour in the soy sauce mixture and stir some more.
- Leave it to cook for about 5 minutes, until the cabbage is cooked and with a bit crunchiness to it.
- Garnish it with sliced green onion.
3. Low-Carb Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 2 cups of chicken broth- enough to cover the chicken
- 2 cups of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 12 artisan romaine lettuce leaves. Or you can use any lettuce that has a small cup shape.
- Sour cream- to taste
- Shredded cheese- to taste
- Black beans- to taste. This is optional.
- In a medium saucepan, add the chicken broth, chicken, salt and spices, and lime juice. Ensure the broth is enough to cover the chicken.
- Bring the pot to a boil, now reduce the heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken, then pour it back into the liquid to further moisten it.
- Serve with your lettuce tacos, which should include’ sour cream, lettuce, black beans, cheese, and pico de gallo.
4. Spicy Skirt Steak with Asian Slaw
For the steak,
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of chili sesame oil
- 2 pounds of skirt steak
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of mirin
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of siracha
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds to garnish
To make the slaw,
- 1 head of purple cabbage- shredded
- 1 yellow pepper- diced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 red pepper- diced
- 1 cucumber- diced
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of minced ginger
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, chili, mirin, sesame oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger, sriracha, and brown sugar into a dish. Whisk this together to make the marinade.
- Put the steak into the marinade and leave it to sit for 30 minutes while preparing the slaw.
- Mix red peppers, cabbage, cucumber, and yellow pepper in a bowl to make the slaw.
- Using another bowl, add lime juice, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, peanut butter, sesame seeds and oil, brown sugar, and ginger. Mix.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables, now stir well till well combined.
- Put the slaw in the fridge and leave it till you are done with the steak.
- Put a large skillet over medium to high heat, add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Take the steak out of the marinade and cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove steak from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving it.
Note: Cooking a skirt steak over high heat will make it tough.
5. Low Carb Bacon Broccoli Salad
- 1/4 of pound bacon
- 1/2 bunch of green onion
- 1 pound of broccoli florets- stalks trimmed
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of stevia to taste
- Cook the bacon until crumbly. And crumble it.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces, now slice in the scallions.
- Mix all the ingredients meant for dressing together.
- Arrange the veggies and garnish with your desired topping.
6. Chicken Breast with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil- divided into two parts
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves- chopped
- 1 clove garlic- minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Pound the chicken breasts till evenly thick using a meat tenderizer.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, place a saucepan, and add one tablespoon of oil.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden on the part facing the pan.
- Flip the other side and cook some more. Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes is over, remove the pan from heat and let it sit for 10 minutes with the lid intact.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, then leave it to cool. Now add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Add onions and mushrooms, and let it cook for 8 minutes until the mushroom is dehydrated.
- Mix in two tablespoons of flour and let it cook for two minutes- until fragrant.
- Add the garlic, now cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add a 1/4 cup of milk, thyme, salt, and pepper. Whisk until thickened. Add another 1/4 of a cup and whisk until thickened.
- Repeat until all of the sauce has thickened.
- Place chicken on serving plate. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.
7. Grilled Pork Chops with Asparagus and Pesto
- 1 teaspoon of kosher or sea salt- divide into two parts
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper- divided into two sections
- A bunch of asparagus- woody bottoms removed
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- One cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of clean eating pesto- either homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup of basil leaves for garnish
- 4 medium bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes or metal skewers
- Rub 2 tbs of olive oil on pork chops, now sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper on both sides. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Spray the grate on the grill with oil, then set to medium heat. Add chops and grill for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Mix the asparagus in 1/4 teaspoon salt,1/2 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add alongside the pork chops after the chops have cooked for 15 minutes.
- Arrange cherry tomatoes onto skewers, drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus and tomatoes for about 5 minutes, until asparagus is slightly tender and tomato skins have blackened a bit in places. After removing pork chops from the grill, allow resting 5 minutes before serving.
- Cover veggies until ready to serve.
- Serve asparagus and tomatoes alongside pork chops drizzling in pesto.
8. Stir-Fry Sesame Chicken
Do you know you can still enjoy your chicken yet shed some pounds? Stir-fry sesame chicken is one of the amazing low-carb dinner recipes to try.
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or canola oil
- 1/3 cup of clean-eating teriyaki sauce- divided into two parts
- 1 yellow bell pepper- seeded, stemmed and sliced
- A pound of boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs- sliced
- 1 red bell pepper- seeded- stemmed and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic- finely minced
- 1/8 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions. You can use cilantro instead
- 2 cups of stemmed and chopped fresh green beans
- In a large dry pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds, stirring occasionally and set aside.
- Mix chicken strips in teriyaki sauce till well coated.
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes on each side until well cooked. When done, set aside.
- Now add chicken stock or water and green beans to the pan and cook until beans are crisp but tender.
- Pour in sesame oil and pepper to the pan containing the beans.
- Cook without covering for 4 minutes, then add the remaining teriyaki sauce and garlic and cook some more.
- Add chicken to the pan with the teriyaki sauce and cook for more minutes.
- When cooked, remove from heat and sprinkle some sesame seeds over it.
- Finally, garnish with cilantro or scallions and enjoy with either rice or noodles!
9. Grilled Salmon Kebabs
For salmon, you need
- A pound of thick wild salmon- skinless and cut into 12 cubes
For the marinade,
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of fresh rosemary- minced
- 2 garlic cloves- minced
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher or sea salt
- 4 skewers- soaked in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients needed to make the marinade.
- Add in the salmon and let marinate for about 20 minutes at normal room temperature.
- Now arrange the salmon onto a skewer, spray the grill grates with oil.
- Carefully place the skewers onto the grill and set the heat to high.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side until the fish is opaque and easily flaked with a fork.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
10. One-Pot Coconut Curry Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of pure butter- normal room temperature and divided into two parts
- 1 pound of raw shrimp- cleaned and deveined
- 1 garlic clove- finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- A tablespoon of curry powder- keep a teaspoon extra on the side
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 1 pound raw shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice- use a half lime.
- 1/2 cup of freshly chopped cilantro
- A can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon shrimp and butter.
- Cook shrimp on both sides until pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place shrimp on a plate and cover it with a paper towel.
- In the same skillet, add onion and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute.
- Add ginger, salt, black pepper, and curry powder stir to combine.
- Combine 1 tablespoon room temperature butter with flour.
- Add the coconut milk and palm sugar, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low-boil, add butter combined with flour and cook until it starts to thicken up about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook just until heated through about 15 seconds.
- Remove from the heat. Add the lime juice and cilantro, stir to combine.
- If desired, serve over a bed of brown rice. Enjoy!
11. Hemp Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almond meal or ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (or any paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- cooking spray, you can use olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, now line your baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Get a medium bowl, whisk together hemp, ground almonds, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne until evenly combined inside the bowl.
- Set up your dipping stations in this order: chicken strips first, whisked eggs, hemp breading, and then a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Now, dip each chicken strip in the eggs until they are entirely covered, then shake to let any extra egg drip off.
- Add the chicken strip to the hemp mixture, and gently toss until the chicken strip is completely covered.
- Remove and transfer the chicken strip to the baking sheet. Do this for the remaining chicken.
- Lightly coat the chicken strips with cooking spray and bake for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken strips until they get evenly cooked, and the breading turns golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with your desired dipping sauce.
12. Cobb Salad
- 3/4 cup of non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- A teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of reduced-fat crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 10 cups of mixed salad greens
- 8 ounces of shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 slices of turkey bacon- cooked and crumbled
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs- sliced
- 1 avocado- sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes- cut in halves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat crumbled blue cheese
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until the ingredients are well combined.
- Arrange salad greens onto a large plate and arrange bacon chicken egg, avocado, and blue cheese over the salad greens.
- Drizzle some dressing over the salad greens and serve.
13. Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salad
To Make The Salad:
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Grilled Salmon Ingredients:
- 4 lemon wedges
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 6-ounces of salmon fillet
- A dash of olive oil
- Preheat grill on high heat and reduce to medium heat when it is fully warm.
- Oil the grill generously with either olive or vegetable oil.
- Season the salmon fillet with salt and pepper and chop up the tomatoes, avocado, and onion to make the salad.
- Mix salt, oil, and lemon with the chopped veggies, and set aside.
- Grill the spiced salmon for 4 minutes on each side, and when that is done, squeeze lemon over the grilled salmon and top with avocado salad.
- Serve with mint leaves on the side of the plate.
14. Spicy Turkey Lettuce Cups
This is an easy-to-prepare, delicious, and filling meal that is amazingly low in calories. This is the perfect substitute for tacos or turkey burgers, and also, it will help you lose weight.
- 2 tablespoons of avocado
- 1 tablespoon of finely minced onion
- 3 1/2 ounces of lean ground turkey
- A dash of garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove- crushed and minced
- A dash of dried oregano
- Fresh cilantro- chopped
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper and salt to taste
- Romaine Lettuce to wrap.
- Cook ground turkey till it is fully cooked in a pot.
- Add crushed garlic, onions, and other seasonings to the pot, add little water and let it simmer for some 10 minutes.
- Now add salt to taste and serve!
- You can serve in a lettuce cup and use chopped tomatoes or avocados for topping.
15. Frittata With Bell Peppers And Onions
The last on my list of low-carb dinner recipes is this delicious Frittata with bell peppers and onions.
- 2 cups of egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup of chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of red bell peppers- chopped
- 1/2 cup of yellow bell peppers- chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit while you mix up the ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, egg whites, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Over medium to high heat, heat olive oil in a large pan, add onions and bell peppers and saute until tender. Add salt and pepper when you are doing this.
- Remove the pan from heat, add cheese into the egg mixture and pour the sauteed veggies into the egg mixture too.
- Stir well and pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Transfer the baking pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are cooked, and the cheese is melted. This should take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- When it is done, remove from the oven, leave to cool and cut into 8 pieces.
- You can serve with a fresh salad for added benefits.
Losing weight and burning fat is not as stressful and strict as it uses to be. You can still enjoy some certain meals yet shed some pounds. Some of these are the low-carb dinner recipes mentioned above.
Try out these low-carb dinner recipes today, burn fat, lose weight, fit into that gorgeous dress of yours, and stay beautiful.