Moisturizing Face Mask Recipes – When winter ends, there is an excellent possibility that it leaves the face feeling dry and raw. The cold air that makes winter removes natural moisturizers from the skin.
According to Dermatologist Michele Farber of the Schweiger Dermatology Group, the cold air of winter causes a worsening dryness.
During these times, the skin becomes itchy; the scratching then causes irritation and cracking. Indoor heating and low humidity, hot showers are contributing factors to dry skin. All of these factors point out the need for moisturizing face mask recipes.
Apart from the fact that these recipes help to keep your skin looking good, they also provide hydration for the face. Moisturizing face masks help in quenching your thirsty skin.
Farber posits that facial masks can be a beneficial part of gently taking care of your skin during winter.
She further warns that it is important to choose ingredients that are suitable for your skin type to achieve the best results.
If you already have dry skin, you should not be told again that you should moisturize your skin. You must implement a daily dose of moisturizing facial regimen into your daily plan.
This is to provide your face with the needed level of hydration. Homemade facial masks can nourish and hydrate the face without a strain on your budget.
The moisturizing face mask recipes in this article help you to supplement facial lotions, creams, serum, and other chemically produced face products with natural and readily available ingredients.
These ingredients are popular for moisturizing the face and keeping it naturally fresh and healthy.
1. Avocado and Honey Mask Recipe
First on our list of moisturizing face mask recipes is this popular avocado and honey mask. It is ideal for use on dry and peeling skin. The avocado and coconut oil ingredient helps to produce moisture while homey heals any raw, irritated area.
If you so wish, you can also eat the second part of the avocado too.
- 1/2 of a well-riped avocado
- two tablespoons of honey
- half a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Mash the avocado until it contains zero clumps and is soft
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the mashed avocado
- Apply to face while avoiding the eyes
- Leave the mask on the face for ten to fifteen minutes
- Wipe your skin with a wet, warm cloth till it is clean
- Finally, rinse face with warm water.
2. Oats Mask Recipe
Banana, which is a significant ingredient in this recipe, is a well-known source of nutrients. It also contains vitamins and fruit-enzymes that keep the skin healthy and glowy.
Also, Honey naturally moisturizes and is an antioxidant that helps to prevent dry skin. In its own accord, oats exfoliate the skin to get rid of dry skin.
- Four spoons of ground oats
- One half of Banana
- One spoon of Honey
- One spoon of milk
- Beat banana to a pulp
- Add honey and oats, make sure the paste is consistent
- Mix milk into the paste
- Apply mask liberally to face and neck
- Allow to stay on for about twenty minutes
- Then, wash off with warm water in a gentle circular motion.
3. Egg Mask Recipe
Next on our moisturizing face mask recipes is this easy egg mask recipe. An egg is used in this recipe to make a creamy avocado and olive oil mask that can hydrate the face.
On its own, an egg has fatty acids that make the skin soft and smooth, while olive oil is a potent natural moisturizer. Also, adding Apple Cider Vinegar to the mix improves skin firmness.
- One egg white
- Three spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- One spoon of Apple cider vinegar
- Mix olive oil with vinegar
- Whip egg white and add to the mixture
- Apply the mixture to face
- Leave on face for thirty minutes
- Wash face with warm water.
4. Summer Strawberry Mask Recipe
This recipe is useful for all skin types. It is good to exfoliate and brighten skin over time naturally. Naturally, strawberries are good for brightening skin and as a natural antioxidant.
Also, lemon brightens and is a natural preservative. Honey is well known for healing and as an antibacterial. Finally, greek yogurt contains lactic acid, which helps to melt dead skin.
- Three fresh strawberries
- One oz of lemon juice
- One container of personal size greek yogurt
- One oz of natural honey
- Blend strawberry and lemon juice and pour into a bowl
- Add yogurt and honey and mix till it is smooth
- Put in a freezer for 20 minutes
- Wash face and apply the mixture to face
- Leave on the skin for ten minutes
- With a warm cloth, remove the mask from your face.
5. Banana Mask Recipe
This recipe is one of the simplest items on our list of moisturizing face mask recipes. All you need to make this is a medium-sized ripe banana.
Interestingly, banana can be used as a natural homemade facial mask that hydrates the skin and leaves it feeling softer and fresher.
- Press banana to form a smooth paste
- Apply liberally to face and neck
- Allow it to sit for about ten to twenty minutes
- Rinse face with cold water.
6. Yogurt Mask Recipe
This moisturizing mask recipe is packed full of vitamin C. It contains almond oil, which serves to moisturize the skin. Also, orange juice provides the skin with vitamin C while yogurt nourishes and renews your skin.
- Two spoonfuls of yogurt
- One spoon of Almond oil
- Two spoonfuls of orange juice
- Mix ingredients together until the mixture thickens
- Wash face and apply the mask to face, be careful to avoid the areas around your eyes
- Wait for twenty minutes
- Then, clean your face with lukewarm water.
7. Chocolate Mask Recipe
Cocoa powder is a powerful antioxidant. Mixing milk cream and almond with it helps to moisturize the skin and prevent parchedness. The mask will leave your face feeling clean, bright, and well hydrated.
- Two spoons of cocoa powder
- Two spoons of milk cream
- Blend ingredients in a blender until it is smooth
- Apply on face generously
- Wait for twenty minutes
- And wash off with warm water while massaging face lightly.
8. Matcha Mask Recipe
The matcha mask recipe is an excellent way to rejuvenate the skin. The mask is best applied before going to an event so that the skin can be glowy. It is so simple that it can be made on the go.
- One teaspoon of matcha
- One teaspoon of chlorella
- Water or Aloe water
- Mix matcha and chlorella in a small bowl
- Add water or aloe water to create a paste
- Apply a thin layer to face
- Allow staying for fifteen to twenty minutes
- Lastly, rinse off and then pat dry.
9. Coconut Oil Mask Recipe
This mask recipe is a super moisturizing face mask. Coconut oil is also popular for its antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that leave the skin feeling hydrated and healthy. Also, this mixture can hydrate and moisturize aging skin.
- One tablespoonful of coconut oil
- One tablespoonful of honey
- Mix coconut oil and honey
- Use your hand to gently apply the mixture to your entire face in a circular motion
- Wait for it to dry on face for about fifteen to twenty minutes
- Wash off with warm water.
10. Vinegar Mask Recipe
For centuries, vinegar has been used as an excellent skin moisturizer. It is used after washing the face to cleanse and tighten the skin.
- 1/4 cup of Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Mix water and vinegar together
- Gently apply the solution to the face and let it dry.
Vinegar can be used as a finishing rinse by mixing one tablespoon of it with two cups of water.
Getting your face regularly moisturized is one of the easiest ways to keep your facial skin smooth and glowy. And I mean moisturizers that do not contain toxic ingredients. That is why the above DIY moisturizing face masks are your best bet.
Why not give any of those face masks recipes a trial?