Are you as skinny as hell with a very chubby face? Or maybe you’re not slim, but you have a chubby face, double chin, and a round face which you don’t like?
Then you must be seriously searching for ways to get rid of face fat. Search no further because, in this post, there are some useful details on how to reduce face fat, which will hopefully be of help to you.
As weird as it makes one look, having face fat is quite a common problem many women deal with. But we don’t like it, right? Well, I can’t answer for others.
But personally, I hate to stare at my double chin in the mirror. If you feel the way I do, don’t you worry because a solution is here.
Why do you think several people are hell-bent on having slimmer faces? One reason I’ve found out is that of the popular belief that a slimmer face is aesthetically more pleasing to the eyes than a fat face.
Try to imagine how your favorite model or actress looks! Slim body, flat tummy, Sexy shape, and of course, a slim face! So, it is no hearsay that having a slim face could be one of the criteria used to judge beauty.
The face is a part of the body that allows for fat storage. The fat layer of the face is located in different areas of the face. There are fat pockets above the eyelids, on the cheeks, jawline, the chin, and the front portion of the neck.
These areas are the possible places that excess fat could be stored in the face. If your body stores more excess fat in the fat layers of the face, then there are chances that you have face fat.
Causes of Face Fat
Apart from weight gain and excessive fat storage in the body, some other causes of face fat include the following:
- The facial bone structure
- Water retention
- Overdeveloped muscles may make your jaw look very big
- Hormonal changes during puberty and pregnancy
- High intake of salt
- Unhealthy diet ( filled with sugar, carbs and processed foods)
To deal with a chubby face or face fat, you will have to know first the cause of your face fat. Then, you will try to solve the problem by attacking the cause. Here are some tips that can guide you.
How to Reduce Face Fat Naturally
Reducing face fat may not as difficult and complicated as the condition seems. There are reliable natural means to reduce face fat in just 14 days.
1. Facial Exercise
Yes! You read it right! There are specific exercises meant to put just your face to work. These exercises work well to help reduce face fat.
The exercises that target face fat allow for the contraction of facial muscles, which may help to burn fat in that area.
Also, these exercises may boost the circulation of blood in the face, which will help to detoxify the face fat. When weakened muscles of the face cause face fat due to aging, facial exercises can help to strengthen the muscles to help your face regain its shape.
Below are some useful facial exercises you can try.
Chin Lifts for Double Chin
- Get a standing or sitting position
- Raise your chin facing the ceiling
- Stay in this position and curl your lower lip over the upper one
- Hold for 10 seconds. Then smile while the lower lip is still curled
- Keep that position for another 10 seconds
- Repeat 10 to 12 times
The Fish Face
- Suck the cheeks in very well, so you look like a fish
- Hold this position and try to smile
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds. Then repeat 15- 20 times.
Say X Say O
The name of the exercise says it all. All you will have to do is to repeat X and O a lot of times. While saying X, you have to spread your lips completely till you can go further.
By toning your facial muscles, face exercises could make your face appear slimmer.
2. Facial Massage
Another way to minimize face fat is to do facial massage. If you are sure that you have a fat face as a result of water retention, this option might be perfect for you.
Facial massage will allow for the circulation of blood, and this will help to get a slimmer face. You can complement your massage using some serum, which might even benefit your skin.
3. Lose Overall Body Weight
Spot reduction is often considered to be a myth. That is why it makes sense to say that you have to ensure a total body weight loss to reduce facial fat.
Even when having your routine facial exercises and massages, you have to work on shedding some pounds consistently. To lose weight, you have to ensure you keep to a healthy feeding pattern, lifestyle, and exercise practices.
4. Sleep Well and Have Enough Rest
Improving the quality of sleep is one of the tips for losing weight. But it may also help to minimize face fat. Being fatigued may cause bloating and cause one’s facial muscles to sag rapidly, making one look older.
So a sound and good sleep will give you a normal and not swollen face. Depriving yourself of quality sleep can alter metabolism and increase food intake, weight gain, and cortisol levels.
So, getting enough sleep and reducing stress may help you increase facial fat loss.
5. Drink a lot of Water
Water is an indispensable component when dealing with losing weight. It helps to keep the body adequately hydrated. Enough water intake has a way of reducing bloating in your face.
Water flushes toxins out of the body to help achieve a slimmer facial look. Apart from the face slim, adequate intake of water also increases your overall health and improve the look of your skin and hair.
6. Exercise the Whole Body
Don’t forget our discussion about spot reduction. It is not only enough to do facial exercise to reduce face fat. You have to keep your active and metabolism-revving using some full-body exercises too.
This will help you burn calories more all over your body, and even your face. Well, I can be specific about the kinds of exercise you should do. You can have any form of exercise that work perfectly for weight loss.
It could be cardio, strength training, high intensity, or low-intensity exercises. The point is that you shouldn’t sit back and watch the facial exercises do all the fat burning. Any workout is going to help boost your metabolism, reduce overall fat, and slim your face.
7. Maintain a Weight -Loss Friendly Diet
Why do you think most obsessed people have a fat face? Well, the fatter you get, the higher the chances of fat deposition in your face. An unhealthy diet is one of the leading causes of weight gain, obesity, and overweight in the world.
You’ve cut to cut out calories from your diet and make healthier food choices. There are a lot of dietary tips that can help you lose weight and, consequently face fat. Some of them include:
- Reduce the intake of carbs, refined flour, and sugar
- Place yourself on a low-carb weight loss diet
- CUt down calorie intake
- You’ve got to stop eating junks and processed foods
- Quit drinking beer, alcohol, and smoking
- Enough is enough with your sweet carbonated, energy and processed drinks and juice. They contain too much sugar that won’t help you lose weight. Water remains the best drink ever to lose weight.
- Eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, foods with fiber, fish, and other protein-rich foods.
- Reduce salt intake. Salt enables your body to retain more water so that it will bloat your face
8. Include Some Amazing Fat-Burning Foods in Your Diet
Still on your diet! I have to add that you should be wise when it comes to food choice if you want to lose weight and face fat. There are certain superfoods for weight loss that naturally enhances the fat-burning activities in the body.
These food sources will keep your metabolism humming and your fat melting. Some of them include green tea, cayenne pepper, ginger, turmeric, lemon, berries, black coffee, cinnamon, seeds and nuts, and many more.
You only have searched for or invent tasty recipes to incorporate some of these ingredients for your maximum weight loss benefits.
9. Slim Your Face With Some Funny Tricks
Until I found out, there are certain things I never thought I could do to reduce face fat. I didn’t so much believe them the first time I read about them. But trying out some of them, I was convinced. Here are some of the fun tips for you:
- Blowing balloons: It is simply a way of exercising the facial muscles. Blowing a balloon and releasing the air will tone your cheeks because it exercises the muscles in them.
- Use hot towels: Some people believe that steam can help to reduce facial fat. This conclusion is arrived at based on the fact that the face will sweat and release some fat stored in your face. Just put the towel into warm water, then apply it to your face.
- Chew gum for at least 20 minutes twice a day. Yes! This sounds great! But you must go for sugar-free choices of chewing gum. Chewing gum is also a way of getting your face muscles to work and toning them.
What matters is consistency. It is not what you do in just a day and then dumps them hoping for a miraculous slender face. Also, these tricks are not independent of other tips that will help you reduce face fat. You should do them just for support or boost.
10. Makeup Wonders
The use of some beauty makeup hacks can make your face look slimmer even when it is not. In this case, you do not reduce your fat face. All you do is to make your face appearance look small.
This tip may be helpful while losing face fat, and you’ve yet to achieve a result. Mind you, if you don’t intend to reduce face fat, it may be challenging to keep up with this all the days of your life.
I mean, you don’t use makeup every time. And of course, you get to see your fat face in the mirror every time before applying makeup.
- Use a bronzing powder in the hollows of your cheeks or on the sides of your nose
- Apply blush to the tops of your cheeks to make a face look less full
- Use makeup to put more emphasis on your eyes to have a slimmer facial look. Put mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow on them.
- Shape your eyebrows to make them higher and more shaped. This can make your overall face look thinner.
- Learn how to contour to change your facial look. You can create stronger cheekbones or slimmer noses.
And that’s all I’ve got for you on how to reduce face fat naturally. Don’t ever give up the challenge. It always seems impossible until it’s done. Be patient until you achieve your result.
I would love to know what worked for you. Drop your comments in the comment box below. And share new ideas, if any.