Six-pack abs diet meal plan- Last week, I walked into my favorite TV fitness presenter at my new gym. I was overwhelmed with joy.
And maybe it wasn’t joy; I was shocked at the sight of her stunning midsection. I asked her for the secret. And she said: “my six-pack abs diet meal plan.”
Right then, it dawned on me that building a flat stomach with amazing packs doesn’t have to be solely about exercise. Your diet could make a big difference too. Right there, my research on the best six-pack abs diet meal plan commenced.
Now, I have an avalanche of amazing facts to share with you on how your diet goes a long way in sculpting your belly.
Before I go on, it might interest you to know that “spot reduction” is a myth. I read about that too. You can not just say you want to reduce your protruding belly without shedding fat in all other parts of the body.
The truth is that you need an overall body fat reduction that will simultaneously lead to loss of belly fat.
So, this diet plan will not only help with sculpting your mid-section, but it will also help you to lose weight. Read on to get the most astonishing facts about your diet and a sexy flat tummy.
Doe Eating Power Foods for Six-Pack Abs Diet Meal Plan Work?
Every diet plan that aims at building amazing abs must contain the power foods. These are food sources that provide all the vitamins, minerals, and fiber needed to build lean muscle and trigger the burning of body fat.
Here is a list of these power foods, and they contribute to abs development.
Almonds are nutrient powerhouses. Whether consumed whole, chopped, sliced, or ground into almond flour or almond butter, this deliciously satisfying nut truly deserves its superfood status.
Almonds are a vital source of antioxidants, much of which is concentrated in their brown layer of skin. One study (partly funded by the Almond Board of California), found that in men and women who consumed 2.5 ounces of almonds daily, blood levels of biomarkers for oxidative stress decreased by as much as 27% over one month.
Almond nuts are rich in protein, fiber, and vitamin E. These nuts are rich in magnesium, which provides the body with energy and builds muscle tissues.
It also helps in the regulation of blood sugar. Also, almonds aid in weight loss their cell walls absorb fat from the body.
Soybeans and some other legumes are excellent sources of protein, fiber, and antioxidants. In your abs diet, you can use dry roasted soybeans as snacks.
Berries, especially raspberries, are vital fruit components for any diet meal plan for sexy abs and flat tummy.
These fruits are high in some essential antioxidants and fiber. Antioxidants enhance blood circulation and thus facilitate efficient contraction of muscles.
If you are not a fan of berries, apples should be your next choice. Apples play a vital role in a weight loss plan.
The fiber and water content of apples is good for healthy body metabolism to speed weight loss and fight some health conditions.
5. Leafy Green Vegetables
Vegetables complete any healthy diet meal plan. Leafy green vegetables contain calcium, which is excellent for muscle contraction. Also, non-starchy vegetables are perfect for fat-burning.
Vegetables like spinach, broccoli, asparagus, brussels sprouts, and colorful vegetables such as red or yellow bell peppers can be used in soups, salads, stir-fries, and sandwiches.
A six-pack abs diet meal plan must contain low-fat or nonfat dairy products because they are essential food sources for weight loss. Yogurt contains calcium, which facilitates more weight loss around the middle section of your body.
The type of probiotic bacteria in yogurt keeps your digestive system healthy, thereby reducing the incidence of gas, bloating, and constipation, thus contributing to a flat abdomen.
Other dairy food sources include milk, cheese-like ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt.
7. Fatty Fish
Fatty fish and other kinds of seafood are sources of omega-3 fatty acids and abs-friendly proteins.
They are sources of healthy fat speed up body metabolism and promote weight loss. Seafood also slows down digestion and prevents cravings.
These are fantastic mechanisms that target the loss of body fat. Some of these fatty fish and seafood include salmon, tuna, lobster, crab, shrimps, and so on.
8. Heart-Healthy Fats
Olive, coconut, peanut, sesame, and canola oils are monosaturated fats sources that lower blood cholesterol. Fats from other healthy sources like avocado are power foods for the abs diet.
9. Lean Proteins
Rich sources of lean protein like skinless turkey, steak, chicken, fish, bacon, and eggs are excellent sources of protein. They make you feel full when taken for breakfast.
Egg sources of protein form an essential part of the diet due to the balance of essential amino acids, which are used by the body in the manufacturing muscle fibers to brain chemicals.
Foods to Avoid In Your Abs Meal Plan
- Refined carbohydrates
- Saturated fat
- Processed/junk foods
- Trans fats
- Hydrogenated vegetable oils
- Full-fat or high-sugar dairy items like whole milk or frozen yogurt
- Carbonated beverages
Six-Pack Abs Diet Meals Plan For WeightLoss
1. Protein Smoothie
Protein shakes are an important meal in every abs diet plan. A primary ingredient in smoothies is protein. Protein has been scientifically proven to be the primary factor while losing weight and getting into shape.
It is an essential nutrient for weight loss. For people who desire to lose weight, protein is one of the necessary supplements that must be added to your diet.
To include the protein weight loss supplement in your diet, taking protein shakes is very convenient. Protein shakes help you to meet your daily protein requirements. Protein shakes are easy to make.
Some people buy protein powder and mix it with water and some other ingredients to have their shakes. You can buy a quality protein powder to have your protein shakes at home.
Apart from fruits, some people add protein powder to their smoothies. Some of the favorite protein powder brands available in the market are whey protein, casein protein, soy protein, hemp protein, rice protein, and pea protein.
You might need to consume more eggs in your diet for six-packs abs. Eggs contain protein and essential vitamins which build lean muscles and burn fat.
You can have two scrambled or boiled eggs as a mid-morning snack. Your meal could also have a slice of whole-grain toast or a few whole-grain crackers with eggs.
You could have filling sandwiches for lunch. Your sandwiches could be made from slices of whole-grain bread with mustard and spinach.
At times, food sources like lean meats, spinach, and whole grains are all nutrient-rich foods that help you feel satisfied without adding a lot of saturated fat or sugars to your diet.
A peanut butter sandwich with whole-grain bread could also be a perfect choice. These nutrients can help boost testosterone and enhance muscle growth.
Fibers are one of the important foods for any diet plan for building your abs. An easily accessible source of fiber is oatmeal. Oatmeals contain soluble fiber, which keeps you satisfied for long hours.
Eating a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast will keep you from craving snacks with high sugar content.
Rather than taking a plain oat, you could spice it up with other nutrient-ladened power foods like low-fat milk and almonds. Almonds promote satisfaction and curb their overall food intake to lose weight.
5. Pasta Meal
When on an abs diet, whole-grain pasta meals are what you should enjoy for dinner. Prepare dinner with 1 or 2 cups of whole-grain pasta mixed with one tablespoon of olive oil and 3 to 5 oz. of a grilled chicken breast.
You could also add steamed broccoli as a side dish.
The olive oil is unsaturated fat, which can help reduce fat mass. Whole grains, green vegetables, and chicken breast are other foods vital to the Abs Diet prescription.
7 Days Six-Pack Abs Diet Meal Plan
- Breakfast: 8-12 ounces of a power smoothie. The power smoothie may contain milk, low-fat vanilla yogurt, oatmeal, and peanut butter
- Lunch: Turkey or roast beef sandwich combined with whole-grain bread, an apple, and a cup of fat-free milk.
- Dinner: A chicken breast cooked with spring onions, ginger, and soy sauce. You can also add 50g of rice noodles and mangetout.
- Snacks: A second serving of the smoothie as snacks this night.
- Breakfast: A bowl of oat with low-fat plain yogurt and grated apples. You could also add just a cup of green tea.
- Lunch: Enjoy 50 grams of reduced-fat mozzarella salad. With a tomato, half of the small avocado, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and salad leaves. Round up with just a slice of seed bread.
- Dinner: A single chicken breast cooked with spring onions, ginger, and soy sauce. You can add 50 grams of rice noodles and mangetout.
- Snacks: 2 crispbreads, cottage cheese, and one orange as a snack. OR 300ml skimmed milk and some slices of pawpaw.
- Breakfast: 2 Oatibix mixed with skimmed milk and 10g of sunflower seeds. You can also decide to eat an orange and take a drink of green tea.
- Lunch: 3 bean salad consisting of spring onions, green pepper, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of chicken peas, 2 tablespoons of red kidney beans, and 2 tablespoons of fat-free dressing. You can eat your bean salad with wholemeal bread.
- Dinner: 50g of basmati rice, a home-made ratatouille with some side salad that is made with 25g feta.
- Snacks: A fruit smoothie using about 250ml of skimmed milk. Or a thin slice rye toast combined with peanut butter.
- Breakfast: A slice of whole-grain bread with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, a cup of berries, medium orange, and a cup of cereal with fat-free milk.
- Lunch: Guilt-Free BLT
Guilt-Free BLT Recipe
- 1 whole-wheat tortilla
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- 2 ounces of diced roasted turkey breast
- ¾ tablespoon of fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 slices of cooked turkey bacon
- 2 slices of tomato
- Begin by smearing the mayonnaise on the tortilla.
- Add the bacon to the middle of the tortilla and top with tomato, turkey breast, and lettuce.
- Then tightly roll it into a tube to make one serving.
- Dinner: Philadelphia Fryers.
Philadelphia Fryers Recipe
- A sliced red bell pepper
- 1 sliced medium onion
- 1 small sliced green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup of medium or hot salsa
- 4 multigrain of hoagie rolls
- 1/2 cup of grated low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 pound of thinly sliced roast beef
- Start by cooking the peppers and onion over medium heat.
- Put the salsa and continue heating until it gets warm.
- Make the sandwiches with buns, onions, roast beef, peppers, and cheese.
- Warm the sandwiches in a microwave for about 1-2 minutes over high heat.
- Continue until the cheese starts to melt.
- Breakfast: Berry smoothie. Use a cup of berries, a ½ tub of low-fat bio yogurt, and about 275ml of skimmed milk for the smoothie.
- Lunch: Sushi lunchbox
- Dinner: 100g of roast chicken fillet combined with roasted tomato, a large and baked sweet potato, and about 100 grams runner beans.
- Snacks: Rice cakes and cottage cheese. Or 125 grams of tuna with cherry tomatoes, black olives, and shredded lettuce.
- Breakfast: 30 grams oats porridge, 200ml skimmed milk, and raisins. You can add Dandelion tea.
- Lunch: Stir-fried vegetable meal mixed with 30 grams of toasted cashews.
- Dinner: 125 grams of cubed lean lamb fillet on kebabs. Sprinkle it with Greek salad and bread.
- Snacks: 1 slice of pumpernickel toast with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.
- Breakfast: 30 grams of Special K mixed with milk, 50 grams of blueberries, and crushed flaxseeds. Then, top it with a small glass of fruit juice.
- Lunch: Grilled vine tomatoes and sprinkle them with balsamic vinegar and oregano. Serve with a toasted slice of ciabatta and top with about 25 grams of goat’s cheese.
- Dinner: Grilled salmon fillet brushed with pesto sauce, broccoli, and 50 grams of wild rice.
- Snacks: A slice of bread, cottage cheese, and pineapple. You can also enjoy rice pudding (200g) and fresh raspberries.
This diet plan is one of the beautiful discoveries I have made. Coupled with intense exercises, this six-pack abs diet meal plan is an excellent plan to carve out your abdominals.
Cook your abs in the kitchen and be ready to flaunt your stunning abs anywhere.