Sagging skin can be a party pooper! As you age, several skin-related issues start to develop. Your skin also starts producing less oil, which makes it dry and saggy. Who would want to have such skin? To retain a smooth skin, you would need to tighten face skin.
Various factors, such as age, atmospheric pollutants, exposure to the sun, chemicals in skincare products, and an unhealthy diet, can directly affect the health of your skin.
Dryness, sagging, wrinkles, and fine lines develop and are usually accompanied by dullness. You need to follow a proper routine to keep your skin glowing, healthy, and sag-free.
One solution is to opt for skin tightening masks. Below are a few easy skin tightening mask recipes you can easily make at home. Use any of these face tightening masks at least once a week for younger-looking skin.
In addition to aging, skin can lose its elasticity because of excessive exposure to harmful sun rays, excessive smoking, regular intake of alcoholic beverages, obesity, pregnancy, rapid weight loss, a poor diet, use of wrong skincare products, dehydration and use of harsh chemicals on the skin.
Along with sagging skin, you may also notice an increase in wrinkles and fine lines, especially on your face. The skin may also look pale and more translucent, and it may become more sensitive.
Some natural home remedies can help tighten sagging skin on the face, neck, arms, and breasts.
Cucumber is one of the potent natural skin toners. When applied to the skin, it has a rejuvenating and refreshing effect, making it viable and healthier. It is also one of the best ways to tighten facial skin.
There are three significant ways to apply cucumber to tighten face skin:
i. Cucumber only
- Grind half a cucumber, then squeeze it through a strainer to extract its juice
- Apply this juice to your face and leave it on until it dries
- Rinse it off with cool water
- Follow this remedy once daily.
ii. With Yogurt
- Combine one tablespoon each of grated cucumber and plain yogurt
- Apply this mix to your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat several times a week.
iii. Yogurt Facemask
- Mix two tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice, one egg white and three to five drops of vitamin E oil
- Apply the mask on your face and neck
- Then, leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it off with cool water
- Use this mask once a week.
2. Egg Face Mask
An egg is a popular ingredient used to tighten facial skin. It contains albumin, which can tone skin and make it firmer. Other ingredients are yogurts, which help to remove blemishes and cleanses the skin.
Also, sugar as a natural exfoliator cleanses and moisturizes the skin. It removes dead cells and can reverse the rate of aging.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Separate the egg white from the yellow
- Then, pour yogurt and sugar and mix well
- Apply the mix on your face and let it dry
- Rinse face well with lukewarm water
- Apply regularly once a week.
Honey has natural hydrating, antioxidant, and anti-aging properties that can help to tighten face skin and sagging skin generally. Be careful to use purely organic honey for the best result.
- Mix two to three teaspoons of a few drops of lemon juice, honey, and olive oil
- Apply the mix to your face and neck
- Allow to dry, then rinse it off with warm water
- Do this once or twice daily for the best results.
- Mix one-half tablespoon each of honey and sour cream
- Then add one-half teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix well
- Apply the mix on your face and leave for 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and then some cold water
- Use this face mask once a week.
4. Clay Skin Tightening Mask
Clay masks are a perfect way to tighten face skin or firm sagging and aging skin. They cleanse the skin and reduce the rate of inflammation. A 2012 study shows that clay masks can increase the number of collagen fibers in the skin.
- Two tablespoons of bentonite or Kaolin clay
- One teaspoon powdered milk
- Water or rose water
- Mix all the ingredients to form a thick paste
- Apply it evenly all over the face and neck with your fingers or a face mask brush
- Let the mask dry for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse your face
- Repeat this remedy once every week.
5. Banana Face Mask
Banana is probably the most popular tropical fruit around. It is rich in fats that will help to hydrate your skin and moisturize it. Banana also increases the skin’s elasticity and helps to tighten sagging skin.
Other ingredients in this face mask are Honey and olive oil. Both are humectants as well and contain antioxidants that will help to repair the damaged skin cells.
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Peel and mash the banana so that there are no lumps remaining
- Now, add honey and olive oil, then mix well
- Apply the paste all over your face and neck
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Then, rinse with lukewarm water
- Lastly, do the last rinse with cool water to close your pores.
- Use this mask once or twice a week for better results.
6. Oatmeal Face Mask
Oatmeal is a good absorbent. It absorbs all the impurities and dirt that may be lodged in your skin pores. It also soothes the skin and protects it from free radical damage with its antioxidants properties.
This recipe also contains gram flour and honey, which prevents the natural aging process and keeps the skin nourished.
- 1 tablespoon of oats
- One tablespoon of besan gram flour
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Grind the oats for a grainy powder
- Add gram flour, honey, and enough rose water to achieve a paste
- Apply the paste to your face and neck and leave it on for 10 minutes
- Then, rinse with water
- Use this pack once a week.
With the natural remedies above, tightening the facial skin is easy and straightforward. Have you tried any of these remedies? If yes, feel free to share your experience in the comments.