Vegan Breakfast Recipes- Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. You take your breakfast before the day kicks off. Starting the day with a delicious and sumptuous breakfast could make the day remarkable for many.
So, it is vital to spend time and thought about each part of the process of selecting ingredients and recipes, preparing your food, to enjoying your meals to their fullest.
Unfortunately, choosing a suitable breakfast recipe is difficult often because you need to rush up to catch the bus/train, drop the kids at school and get to work on time. So, the point is, you have insufficient time in the morning to prepare your breakfast.
Sometimes weeknights can be tough, and you want to have some recipes that are available, wholesome, and tasty but come together in a hurry when needed.
So here you have 17 grand vegan breakfast recipes that can be made in 15 minutes or less.
1. Avocado Scrambled Eggs with Onion and Cheddar
The first on my list of vegan breakfast recipes is avocado scrambled eggs with onion and cheddar. This recipe is a “must-have” for multiple vegan breakfast recipes choices.
When you have your onions already chopped and your cheese grated, it cooks up in under 15 minutes. The fascinating thing about this meal is that it is both delicious and keeps you full for hours.
- One small onion
- 1/2 thick-ripe California avocado
- Four big eggs
- 2/3 cup of grated extra-sharp Cheddar (about 2 ounces)
- Two teaspoons of unsalted butter
- Diced fresh cilantro sprigs for topping
- Cut onion.
- Halve, pit, and flay avocado and slice into 1/4-inch pieces
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and Cheddar together and spice with pepper and salt.
- Heat butter over moderately high heat in a nonstick skillet until foam subsides and sauté onion, mixing, until just beginning to soften after about 2 minutes.
- Add egg mixture and cook, continually stirring, until eggs are just set, about 1 minute.
- Lastly, transfer skillet from heat and stir in avocado.
- Then, serve eggs garnished with cilantro
The sweetness of the grilled onions, the texture of the avocado, and the sharpness of the cheddar all make for an intriguing combination on your plate. And it will keep your stomach full for hours!
2. Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour rolled oats ground in a blender
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Two teaspoons of lemon juice
- One tsp of vanilla extract
- One tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- One tsp baking soda
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend till combined. Do not over blend.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour into a pan a1/3 cup of batter because it is quite thick, spread the dough into a circle.
- Cook on the first side for 2-3 minutes. When you can easily slip a spatula under, flip.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes before removing from pan.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Finally, top with fruit, hemp seeds, and maple syrup. Your pancakes are ready!
3. Cinnamon Raisin Brown Rice Breakfast Porridge
Another delicious meal on the vegan breakfast recipes is the cinnamon raisin brown rice breakfast porridge. With just a leftover cooked brown, this breakfast comes together in only ten minutes.
Ensure that you don’t have to use brown rice for this recipe; you can use any leftover rice you have. If you don’t like raisins, swap them out for dried cherries, apricots, etc., or skip them altogether.
Alternatively, some other topping ideas include pomegranate arils, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, and chia seeds.
- Cooked brown rice(3 Cups)
- Plain, unsweetened almond “milk” (1¾ cups 415 ml)
- Ccoconut sugar or lightly packed light brown sugar(3-4 tablespoons)
- Two tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- Two tablespoons raisins (I used golden raisins/sultanas)
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- One pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix the rice, milk, sugar, flaxseed meal, raisins, cinnamon, and salt in a medium pan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat. Now turn the heat down slightly and cook until thickened to your liking. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes with you stirring frequently.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Serve warm with any toppings you like.
4. Cucumber Avocado Toast
This vegan breakfast recipe is healthy, quick, and tasty. When you combine cucumber and avocado to make Cucumber Avocado Toast, you have one of the most delicious, smooth, and healthiest breakfast ever.
Also, to make the Cucumber Avocado Toast even healthier and filling, you can use wheat bread coated with sunflower seeds and oats. Also, to give extra refreshments to the sandwich, you can add some fresh basil leaves.
With that, you have a sandwich from the vegan breakfast recipes!
- Two slices whole wheat bread
- Four tablespoons mashed avocado
- One teaspoon lemon juice
- A few basil leaves, chopped
- One cucumber, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix mashed avocado with lemon juice.
- Slather mashed avocado on each bread slice.
- Place chopped basil leaves and cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper.
- Eat either that way or sandwich the two bread slices.
5.Healthy Vegan Breakfast Burritos
This is a vegan Mexican recipe for breakfast. It is made using a delicious tofu scramble and mexi-flavors like avocado, cilantro, salsa, spices, beans, and lime.
For the Tofu Scramble
- Four large white mushrooms, sliced
- Two cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 diced red pepper
- One package of crumbled extra-firm or pressed tofu
- 1/2 tsp each: cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and turmeric, mixed with three tsp of water
To Make the Burritos
- fresh lime juice
- refried beans
- sliced avocado
- fresh cilantro
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, red onion, red pepper, and mushrooms and cook until the onions and mushrooms start to tenderize after about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Add a little water if necessary.
- Then, add the crumbled tofu and spice mixture to the pan.
- Stir well to mix all ingredients and cook until the tofu is thoroughly heated.
- Heat up the refried beans (optional, I added mine cold).
- Prepare the wraps with a few generous spoonfuls of beans, lettuce, cilantro, avocado, salsa, and a big scoop of the tofu scramble. Spritz with lime juice.
- Wrap it up, and breakfast is served.
6. Vegan Chickpea Omelet
The thought of an omelet brings to mind eggs. But vegans don’t eat an egg. This vegan chickpea omelet is a vegan breakfast recipe you can take without using eggs. This method is more plant-based. You only need your chickpea flour in pancake form.
For the Chickpea batter:
- ¾ cup of Chickpea flour
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric powder
- ¾ cup plus 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened nondairy milk
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Two tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. Onion powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛-1/4 Tsp. sea salt to taste
- Two tsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- ¼ of red onion, chopped
- Two garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ c. Tomatoes, diced
- ¼ c. small broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro
- In a measuring cup, whisk the chickpea batter. Make sure the batter is not too thick to stir. The texture should be like pancake batter, easy to pour. Leave the mix to sit.
- Saute the garlic and red onion until lightly brownedin a heated nonstick skillet.
- Add the broccoli to soften.
- Remove and place on a plate.
- Return to the heated skillet and add olive oil. Now pour half of the batter into a pan.
- Add the garlic, broccoli, onions, and tomatoes on top of one half of the batter. Wait until it bubbles and firms up along the edges (approx. 2 minutes to cook).
- When you can, gently fold over one side to cook another minute.
- Then, cover with a lid and turn off the stove and allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Garnish adding more tomatoes, sliced avocado, minced red onion, and lime wedges.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s the best to make the batter the night before, cover it and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- Using a nonstick skillet is vital if you do not want your omelet to stick to the pan.
- Ensure the chickpea flavor to wear off by steaming the omelet with the lid on.
- The apple cider vinegar performs two functions here. 1). ACV with baking soda adds bubbles to the batter thereby providing a certain lightness to bite into; and 2). It cuts the chickpea flour taste.
7. Homemade Vegetarian Baked Beans
Most people buy their baked beans when they are actually so quick and easy to make at home. When you make it at home, you tailor it to your taste, like making your homemade baked beans suit your vegan taste.
A lot of homemade baked bean recipes contain bacon and lard and other non-veggie ingredients. However, this recipe is plainly vegan.
It contains cannellini beans in a simple sauce made with onions, garlic, and tomatoes and flavored with thyme, brown sugar, smoked paprika, and a dash of soy sauce.
You can serve your beans on toast to make a snappy breakfast. Plus, it is so simple and super delicious.
- 1tbsp oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- ½tsp smoked paprika
- ¼tsp dried thyme
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained (240g when drained)
- 100g passata
- Black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, Now add the onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato purée, paprika, thyme, brown sugar, and soy sauce and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the beans and passata, and simmer for at least 5 minutes, until the mixture is piping hot and the sauce has thickened a little.
- Season with black pepper - you probably won’t need salt because of the soy sauce, but add it if you think it needs it.
- Serve warm on toast.
8. Vegan French Toast
Oh yes! Your french toast could be vegan. You don’t need to add eggs to this vegan french toast recipe. With just a blend of flour and almond milk, vegan French toast can be a thing.
For this vegan breakfast recipe, all you need vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk, millet flour, nutritional yeast, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lots of maple syrup. Also, you would love the toast with chewy ciabatta bread, but this would be gluten-free.
Furthermore, you can top with vegan butter, powdered sugar, or maple syrup. Vegan breakfast recipes could be just as simple to prepare.
- Ciabatta bread( 6 slices day-old), sliced about ¾-inch thick*
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons millet flour (or spelled or whole wheat)
- A tablespoon nutritional yeast**
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- tiny pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for the pan
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, flour, nutritional yeast, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Place the bread in a shallow dish (with sides) that holds all of the bread.
- Pour the mixture over the bread, then lift or flip the bread over to make sure both sides are evenly coated.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. As the pan turns hot, add the bread slices and cook for a few minutes per side. Do thst till it turns golden brown.
- Now, serve with powdered sugar, a dab of vegan butter, maple syrup, and fresh fruit.
- Make sure you get good sturdy bread. Avoid using french toast or wimpy sandwich bread, unless you want it soggy.
- Nutritional yeast is not the same as baking yeast. Look for yellow nutritional yeast flakes in the bulk bins of your health food store.
9. Coconut & Banana Pancakes
These vegan coconut milk pancakes are made with passion fruit and banana topping. They’re perfect for breakfast with family and friends.
Apart from the fact that they are easy and swift to prepare, you get your unconventional vegan pancakes with fruit toppings in a jiffy.
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 400ml can coconut milk
- vegetable oil
- Thinly sliced bananas (1-2)
- 2 passion fruits, flesh scooped out
- Sift baking powder and flour in a bowl
- Add 2 tbsp of the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the coconut milk into a bowl, whisk to mix in any fat that has separated.
- Measure out 300ml into a jug.
- Stir the milk slowly into the flour mixture to make a smooth batter or whizz everything in a blender.
- Heat a shallow frying pan or flat griddle and brush it with oil.
- Use 2 tbsp of batter to make each pancake, frying two at a time.
- In each pancake put4-5 pieces of banana and cook until bubbles start to pop on the surface, and the edges look dry.
- Repeat to make 8-10 pancakes. Pour the remaining sugar and coconut milk into a small pan. Add a pinch of salt and simmer until the mixture thickens to the consistency of single cream. Use this as a sauce for the pancakes and spoon over some of the passion fruit seeds.
- The pancakes will be a little more delicate than egg-based pancakes, so turn them over carefully and cook the other sides for 1 min.
10. Sun Butter, Banana, and Chia Seed Toast
This vegan breakfast recipe is quick, healthy, and delicious. You need to take your regular nut butter on toast to new and nutritious heights by slicing a banana on top and sprinkling the whole thing with heart-healthy chia seeds.
This is a great breakfast that will help you get throughout your day. The banana, sun butter, and chia seeds work well together to fill you up and keep your stomach full, and your mind fueled.
- 1 Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 Tbsp. Sun butter
- 1/2 Medium Banana, Sliced
- 1/2 Tsp. Chia Seeds
- Toast the bread and spread the sun butter on the top.
- Place banana slices over the sun butter, then top it off with chia seeds.
- Serve right away and enjoy it!
11. Strawberry-Infused Quinoa Breakfast Cereal
Strawberry-infused Quinoa Breakfast Cereal is a very simple vegan breakfast recipe. It takes just a blending of the fruit with some cashews and water for a smoothie-like result. Pour it onto cooked quinoa for a breakfast that’s much heartier than plain old milk and cereal.
Quinoa is the perfect breakfast food because it’s packed with protein, and it’s a complex carbohydrate. In other words, it digests slowly in your system to help keep you feeling fuller for longer, but it also has many hard-to-find nutrients.
This recipe is for strawberry-infused milk, poured over a simple bowl of quinoa, then topped with blueberries, goji berries, and almonds. Honestly, the whole breakfast has fewer than 10 ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (any variety)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet stevia (or 1 tablespoon of any liquid sweetener)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (any variety)
- Add the top 4 ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy (will be the consistency of milk). Set aside.
- Place quinoa in a bowl and pour milk over. Now sprinkle on thetoppings.
- Enjoy immediately with a warm cup of tea or coffee!
12 Asian Style Savory Oats
This is one of the vegan breakfast recipes that is simply a big warm bowl of savory oats and fresh veggies. Instead of having plain oats, the Asian style savory oats recipe gives vegan the big veggie taste in their oats.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup of water
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cut into matchsticks a quarter red bell pepper.
- 1/2 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- Bring water and oats to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Place the cover on top slightly ajar to prevent boiling over, and cook for 5 minutes without any stirring.
- After five minutes, check the oats. Most of the water should be absorbed, and the oats may be just beginning to stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
- If so, remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil. If oats aren’t quite done, cook an additional 2-3 minutes, keeping a close eye on the pan to prevent burning.
- Then, spoon all of the oatmeal into a bowl, top with raw carrots, bell pepper and scallions, and season with a dash of soy sauce.
- Enjoy immediately while hot!
13. The “ZEN” Quinoa Bowl
PArt of the list of my vegan breakfast recipes is the ZEN Quinoa bowl. It’s easy to make, super healthy and full of delicious flavors.
The recipe contains protein-rich quinoa as the base. It includes tons of veggies- Broccolini, kale, tomatoes, shredded carrots, and mushrooms. It also contains spices that add such a great flavor to the veggies and tofu.
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- chopped broccolini or broccoli
- cup kale, torn into pieces
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- teaspoon salt(1/4)
- 100g extra firm tofu, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- A quarter cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, halved
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup deli sprouts or micro-greens
- Heat a saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, spices, and pepper.
- When the pan is nice and hot, add in broccolini, carrot, and mushrooms and a splash of water, cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetable becomes soft.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Now add in the kale and cherry tomatoes and spice mix. Continue sauteing until the kale is wilted.
- Add little splashes of water as needed, so the vegetables do not stick or burn.
- Squeeze in half a lime juice , then pour in the egg whites.
- Scramble tofu with the vegetables until the tofu begins to brown slightly or heats through.
- So, transfer the mixture to a bowl with quinoa.
- Top the vegetable mixture with sprouts and sliced avocado. Now garnish with another squeeze of lime and some additional salt and pepper if preferred.
14. Savory Tempeh Breakfast Sandwiches
Savory tempeh sandwiches are one of the vegan breakfast recipes you should check out. These breakfast sandwiches come from pan-fried tempeh in a savory sauce, stuffed in an English muffin, and piled with avocado and baby spinach.
Although this is an egg-less savory breakfast idea, it is a perfect vegan breakfast recipe which gets ready in 15 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 8 ounces package tempeh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 vegan English muffins split and toasted
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- About 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Dijon mustard
- Whisk the soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, garlic, paprika, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Slice the tempeh in half, thickness-wise, so you end up with two thin slabs. Slice each of your slabs in half or thirds, so you end up with 4-6 slabs total.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil and place it over medium-high heat.
- Add the tempeh slabs in an even layer and cook until they’re browned on the bottoms, about 3 minutes.
- Then pour soy sauce mixture over tempeh and cook another minute or so, until the sauce dries up and forms a thick coating on the tempeh.
- Flip tempeh slabs and cook about 3 more minutes, until browned on opposite sides and most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Slather the English muffins with ketchup, Dijon, and any other dressings you like.
- So you can stuff the muffins with tempeh slabs, topped with avocado slices and baby spinach.
- Check the ingredients on your English muffins before buying them, as not all brands are vegan.
15. Vegan Breakfast Eggs
As a vegan, you wonder how easily you can replace eggs in your food or recipe. Since eggs are such a staple in most people’s diets, they can’t imagine life without them. Having decided to stop eating eggs in favor of a plant, this Vegan breakfast Eggs recipe is your best shot.
This is part of the vegan breakfast recipes that anyone who is either vegan or can’t do eggs must have in their arsenal. It is equally fast, easy, and satisfying. The whole cooking process only takes about 15 minutes put together.
- 2 (16 oz.) pkg. Firm or extra firm tofu packed in water
- ½ tsp. black pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan Margarine (such as Earth Balance)
- 2½ Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1¼ tsp. granulated garlic
- 1¼ tsp. Granulated onion
- ¾ tsp. pink or sea salt (or more to taste)
- ⅛ tsp. turmeric
(Optional: Black salt -Kala namak – to taste)
- Open two packages of tofu and drain the water off.
- Add the margarine to a large skillet, and turn the heat to medium.
- Then crumble tofu into the pan, and toss with margarine.
- Sprinkle the onion, garlic, turmeric, salt, and pepper over the tofu and stir to mix.
- Cook on medium for approximately 5 minutes, occasionally stir to prevent sticking. (Use a lower heat if using a cast iron skillet).
- When most of the water is cooked out of the tofu, add nutritional yeast and fold into tofu.
- Continue to cook over medium heat. If you desire browning, let the tofu cook on one side, and then using a spatula, turn it over and continue this process until the desired amount of browning is achieved.
- Serve with black salt, ketchup, salsa, vegan cheese, or whatever you like!
16. Green Pea and Kale Spread
Another delicious vegan breakfast recipe you need to try is the green peas and kale spread. This awesome looking vegan breakfast recipe gets ready in less than 15 minutes. And in ten minutes, you can get your veggie breakfast on the table.
- 2 cups of frozen green peas
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, chili
- Add the olive oil and green peas to a frying pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes, so the peas are defrosted but not over-cooked.
- Add the chopped kale, the crushed garlic, and seasoning
- cook for about one more minute.
- Put everything in a food processor or use a hand-held blender and blend the vegetables.
17.Quick Apple Sweet Potato Hash
The last on my vegan breakfast recipes is the quick apple sweet potato hash. This recipe is fast, simple vegan, gluten-free, low fat, and full of flavor.
To get this recipe on the table in under 15 minutes, you can use the microwave to get the potatoes most of the way cooked. The key is to get potatoes to cook quickly, cut the potatoes small, and make them uniform.
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes cut into uniform cubes
- 1-2 small apples Fuji, Granny Smiths or Pink Ladies
- 1/2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tbs. chopped sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Dice sweet potatoes into uniform cubes. Place into a glass bowl and microwave for 6-8 minutes.
- Peel and chop apples while sweet potatoes are cooking.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tbs coconut oil to the skillet.
- Add the sweet potatoes and chopped apples to the skillet.
- Chop sage and add to the skillet. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat, Stir occasionally.
- Serve with your favorite vegan protein.
It’s quite difficult to have so much time dedicated to an elaborate breakfast. But you can’t keep missing your early morning meal because you are vegan. Just 15 minutes and any of these vegan breakfast recipes would be right on your table.
Make every day memorable with the meals you start with.