Vegan Recipes For Breakfast – As a vegan, your meals do not have to be monotonous or stereotyped- there’s a particular recipe you must cook and eat every time.
Also, being a vegan does not necessarily mean you should always load your plates with veggies and salads at every opportunity to eat. There are a lot of vegan recipes for breakfast or any meal that is as healthy as a bowl of veggie salad.
If you have been a vegan over time or you are a new vegan, this list of vegan recipes is a must-read, so you can up your cooking game. They are filled with nutrients, and also they are low-calorie foods, so you don’t have to worry about weight gain!
After reading this article, be sure to add one of these vegan recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts to your vegan cooking and enjoy your meal!
Read Also: 17 Best Fat Burning Foods for Weight Loss
Vegan Recipes For Breakfast:
1. Banana Pancakes
- Two ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseeds soaked in water for about 1 hour
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil- keep more at the side
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free oat flour- you can use any other gluten-free flour
- A pinch of salt
- Put the banana into a bowl and mash it up.
- Add coconut oil, flaxseed-water mix, and almond milk to the mashed banana and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and gently pour the wet ingredients.
- Mix well using a spatula until both ingredients are combined.
- Coat a skillet with coconut oil and preheat on medium heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the medium-hot skillet and leave for 3 minutes.
- Flip to the other side and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When that’s done, remove skillet from heat.
- Serve and enjoy with chocolate chips, fruit, maple syrup, or coconut whipped cream toppings.
2. Sweet Potato Waffles
- 10 ounces of peeled sweet potato cubes
- 1/4 cup of neutral-flavored oil
- 1 3/4 cups of refrigerated coconut milk- it’s advisable to keep more at hand
- 240grams of whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of barley flour
- One tablespoon of baking powder- plus one teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of cornflour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- A teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cloves
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Fill a medium-size saucepan to half with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the cubed sweet potato and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Let it simmer until tender.
- Drain and let the potatoes get slightly warm.
- Put the potato, milk, oil, and maple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In another bowl, add flours, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves and stir together.
- Pour in the potato mix and stir again. The mix should be thick and spreadable.
- Coat waffle iron with cooking sprays and preheat on high heat.
- Scoop 2/3 cup of batter onto the waffle iron and cook till done.
- Serve with maple butter topping.
3. Power Greens Breakfast Skillet
- One medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- One tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- 4 cups assorted greens like kale, spinach, baby swiss chard (chopped if not baby greens)
- Three eggs
- Three tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in a medium-sized iron skillet.
- Add onions and stir continuously for about 30 minutes- till onions caramelize.
- When the onions are cooked, set the oven broiler to low and shift the rack to the middle.
- Add greens to the skillet and cook till wilted.
- Create three wells and crack one egg into each well.
- Let it cook for 4 minutes until the whites start to set.
- Sprinkle with cheese before popping into the oven.
- Grill eggs until you are satisfied.
Vegan Recipes For Lunch And Dinner:
4. Sweet Potato And Black Bean Tacos
- 1 15-oz can of gluten-free black beans- rinsed and drained
- Two garlic cloves- finely minced
- 1 pound sweet potatoes- cubed
- One red onion- diced
- Eight small corn tortillas (gluten-free)
- One tablespoon of cooking oil
- A tablespoon of paprika
- One teaspoon of cumin
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Two pinches of salt
- One lime- sliced
- One avocado- sliced
- Toppings- cilantro, hot sauce, fresh salsa, and plain Greek yogurt
- Put a medium skillet on a medium to high heat.
- Add cooking oil, followed by the minced garlic, onions, and salt. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Pour the cubed potatoes to the pan and a pinch of salt and other spices.
- Add two tablespoons of water, cover the pot, and allow it to simmer on low heat. Do this for 8 minutes or thereabouts, until the potatoes are soft.
- Now, add the beans and mix everything until beans are heated.
- Season with the remaining spices- or as desired.
- Warm tortillas as instructed and fill with few spoons of beans and sweet potato mix.
- You can use fresh salsa, sliced avocado, or any topping of choice and a dash of lemon juice.
5. Mediterranean Quinoa with Fresh Herbs
- 1 cup of well-rinsed quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- Two garlic cloves- minced and divided into two parts
- 1/4 cup minced scallions or two tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Two tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Two tablespoons of chopped basil
- One tablespoon of olive oil- this is optional.
- Two tablespoons chopped mint
- Two tablespoons of chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- One tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Two tablespoons of minced pistachios or nuts of choice
- Salt and new ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, add broth, quinoa, a clove of minced garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Let the broth boil, reduce heat, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat after the 15 minutes is over, make sure the lid is intact and keep it on the side.
- Then check the quinoa with a fork, add the scallions or chives, basil, parsley, and all other ingredients.
- While adding those ingredients, mix!
- Add additional salt, lemon juice, and black pepper to taste.
6. Veggie Sushi
Veggie Sushi, as one of the vegan recipes, is an exciting way to feed your cravings. It contains a lot of raw vegetables, used as a topping for brown rice, with ginger, creamy avocado, and a drizzle of soy sauce!
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1/2 of a medium cucumber
- One teaspoon of rice vinegar
- A sheet of Nori seaweed
- One large carrot
- One teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 1/4 of a large red cabbage
- One teaspoon of gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 of a small avocado
- Two tablespoons of ginger
- Cook the rice as on the package instructions.
- Combine the cooked rice, a crumpled sheet of nori seaweed, and rice vinegar.
- Split the cucumber into matchstick-sized, peel carrots using a vegetable peeler, chop cabbage into small bits and slice the avocado.
- Divide the rice and cut vegetables into two bowls. Top with avocado, sesame seeds, sushi ginger, and a spray of soy sauce
This of the easy to make vegan recipes is a mix of Hungarian cabbage and noodles, with the delicious bacon. It is so easy to make, and it has a pleasant aroma.
- One large green cabbage
- One teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper- keep more on the side
- Three tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil
- One 16-ounce pack of eggless ribbon pasta or vegan bow-tie pasta.
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos- to serve
- Split the cabbage into halves and remove the core.
- Cut the halves into quarters and the quarters into squares.
- Slightly heat the oil using a large pot on low heat.
- Maintain the low heat and stir cabbage at intervals till it is cooked, brown, and soft- this should take about an hour.
- After an hour is over, remove from heat and let it cool on the side.
- Boil water in a large pot to cook the pasta- do this as instructed on the pasta pack.
- Sieve the excess water and add it into the pot containing cooked cabbage. Mix well!
- Serve with black pepper and the Liquid Aminos to give the cabbage a sweet taste.
Vegan Recipes For Dessert
8. Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- Three overripe bananas- peeled and mashed
- 2 Eggs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil- melted
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- A teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- A cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare a loaf pan by oiling it with coconut oil and lining with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix bananas, brown sugar, and egg in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, almond milk, baking soda, and baking powder and stir,
- Gently fold in the flour until it is well incorporated.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- When it is done, remove from heat and let it cool in the pan for 30 minutes before popping onto a wire rack.
9. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- One ripe banana- peeled and mashed
- Two tablespoons of honey
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup of gluten-free chocolate chips,
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a small pan on medium heat, add mashed banana, almond butter, vanilla, and honey.
- Stir until smooth.
- Let the mixture boil before you remove it from heat.
- Stir in the oats and chopped nuts, continuously.
- Let it cool before adding the chocolate chips.
- Scoop at least a tablespoonful onto the baking sheet and carefully studding the top with the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pop the baking pan into a freezer and leave t for about 30 minutes- until it sets.
10. Health Nut Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- A frozen banana
- A handful of little fresh spinach
- One tablespoon of natural almond butter
- One tablespoon of dried unsweetened coconut
- A cup of almond milk
- 3-5 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend on the highest speed until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Being vegan does not mean that your breakfast choice is limited to smoothies, energy bars, or oatmeals. It also doesn’t mean that your lunch, dinner, and desserts only have to be a granola bar or chia puddings.
On the contrary, you can enjoy a wide variety of delicious meals while still maintaining a vegan lifestyle.
This article contains vegan recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts. With these recipes, you can enjoy a hearty meal serving that is delicious!