Weight Loss Workouts For Men -Do you know that in the privacy of your home, you can lose weight and build muscles? That means you can sweat privately and increase the volume of your favorite workout music without anyone looking at you cross-eyed. Cool right?
While going to the gym gives you all the motivation you need from a group of men on a weight loss journey like yourself, sometimes you need to be on your own to get in the mood to workout. You may also get irritated with a large number of sweating bodies walking around, clanking weight, or quietly sitting around to chat.
For days when the gym atmosphere doesn’t cut it for you, doing weight loss workouts at home is vital. Also, if you are too busy to fit gym time into your schedule, you need an alternative to enable you to meet up with your fitness demands. Hence, weight loss workouts at home.
This article contains effective weight loss workouts for men that can be performed in the comfort of the home. Each move is quick, effective, and works significant muscles in the body to help you lose weight and stay fit. Set up a workout space now and get to it!
6 Fantastic Weight Loss Workouts For Men To Lose Weight At Home
Are you having trouble keeping up with your gym schedule? Is your schedule too tight to accommodate gym time? Here are weight loss workouts for men that will help you lose as much weight as you would at the gym. Start making these moves now to see the fat melting.
Squats are a foundational movement in man. It is a compound movement that engages multiple muscles groups and joints like the hip and knee joints. Doing the squat strengthens your muscles, bones, and knees while improving flexibility.
By learning to squat deeply and safely, you are increasing your range of motion and making your body strong; warding off future injury. This is why doing squats is an integral part of any workout routine.
Whether you are looking to lose weight, gain lean muscle mass, or increase muscle bulk, making this move helps you achieve all this and more.
How To Squat:
- Start by standing with your feet slightly wider than hip-width distance. Here, your toes should be slightly pointed out and your stance wide to allow more movement.
- Look ahead with your gaze on the wall before you. Throughout the squat, do not look anywhere except that one spot.
- Then, with your back straight and core engaged, bend your body from the hips and at the knee.
- Stop when your thighs are close to the floor. Ensure you squat deep as the deeper you squat, the more muscles you will use, leading to more calorie burn.
- Stay in the position before going back to standing position. Ensure your back is still straight.
- Do 10-15 reps of the move.
Lunges are a vital part of any workout routine. You can perform them anywhere and anytime, and you’ll see the effects of it in no time. They help you get well-shaped and toned legs and butts. Doing the lunge helps you to develop lower-body strengthening and endurance.
The move is also great for increasing hip flexibility and balance, developing better coordination, improving spine health, enhancing core stability, toning different muscles, and enhancing core stability. If you are making the move right, you are sure to get all these benefits and more!
How To Do The Lunge:
- Stand straight with your feet placed at a hip-width distance apart.
- Engage your core and keep your back straight.
- Then, take a big step to the front with your right leg and shift your body weight to your right foot. Your heels should hit the floor first.
- Bring your body down until your right thigh is parallel to the floor. Ensure that your right knee does not shift beyond your toes.
- While doing this, simultaneously bring your left knee to a bend position behind you while still keeping your weight on your right foot.
- Push into your right heel to return to start position.
- Repeat the move on your other side. Do two sets of 8-12 reps.
3. Mountain Climbers
Climbing a mountain is hard enough; climbing the floor is even harder! This is what makes this exercise more effective. While this looks easy, this workout engages nearly every part of your body and gets your heart racing, which torches calories. It also involves your quads and core.
The move also uses your body weight and can be done anywhere. It is excellent for building cardio endurance and core strength while improving agility. The workout engages your shoulders, arm, and chest to stabilize your upper body while your core stabilizes other body parts.
How To Do The Mountain Climber:
- Get into a plank position by lying face first with your hands supporting your body and your legs extended behind you.
- Then, bring your right knee close to your chest, ensuring that your foot doesn’t touch the floor.
- Return the leg to an outstretched position and quickly reverse the move, bringing your left knee to your chest.
- Ensure your left foot doesn’t touch the ground while bringing it to your chest and return it to an extended position. This is one rep.
- Immediately return your right foot close to your chest and keep alternating legs.
- Make a move for two sets of 15 reps with a 10-seconds rest in between.
4. Jumping Rope
The jump rope move is a simple exercise that you should know of. It can be done in or outside the home with just a bit of space and a rope. It is a full-body workout that engages every part of your body, helping you torch major calories.
The jump rope is a unique training tool that is versatile and easy to use anywhere and anytime. It can also be combined with other workout moves to achieve better fitness. The movement engages you physically and requires mental engagement to do it. It also helps you achieve a good body form as you need an excellent form to perfect the move.
In choosing a rope, we strongly advise beginners to go for weighted ropes instead of cheap plastic ones. This is because using cheap light plastic ropes is problematic because you can’t feel it moving around the body. This causes you to trip up and get frustrated.
But, if you use a weighted rope, you will feel the cable turning as the resistance allows you to do so. So, with a weighted rope, your jump is better, and you can do the jump at your pace and a nice consistent rhythm.
While making this move, you do not need to jump too high. It is enough that you jump clear of the rope. To make the move, skip for 2 minutes at a time and then take a minute break before repeating another 2 minutes move. Keep doing this for 20-30 days.
5. Plank Push-up
A plank push-up is a perfect exercise that combines the core workouts of a plank with the push-up move that works the arms, shoulders, and back. All without needing equipment. The plank push-up works as an added abdominal exercise that improves your workout. Hence, it makes it to our list of best weight loss workouts for men at home.
Since a strong core is a foundational move for different exercises and movements, making the plank move helps you develop power for going through different body motions. It also helps to build stability and strength for doing daily activities like sitting, standing, and turning.
On their own, push-ups are famous for a reason. This is because they use multiple motions to improve strength. They can also be done anywhere and at any time without weight since your body weight is engaged as resistance.
Apart from strengthening your upper body, the move also offers quick muscle engagement and strength building if you are tight on time.
How To Do The Plank Push-up:
- Start by lying face-first on the floor. Then, with your toes on the floor, raise your body off the ground with your arms till your knees are off the floor. Keep your body in a straight line from the back of your neck to your knees.
- Rather than bending at your elbows like the traditional push-up move, lower one arm slowly until your elbows and forearms are on the floor.
- With care, lean on the forearm and slowly bring the other to the same position. This puts you in the plank position.
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds before slowly going back to the start position one arm at a time.
6. Bicycle Crunches
This is a powerful ab exercise that reaches the very depth of your abs and obliques. With its air bicycle maneuver, it works your core without the need for a piece of equipment. Add this move to your best weight loss workouts for men at home exercises, and you’ll get core strength in no time.
A strong core is necessary for maintaining a good posture and doing your daily tasks efficiently. It is also crucial for boosting physical activities as it engages your transverse abdominis, a deep muscle that is often hard to target.
This move also tones your thighs as you use your quads and hamstrings while raising your legs.
How To Do Bicycle Crunches:
- Start by lying down on your back with your feet in the air and your knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Lace your fingers together and place them behind your head while bringing your right knee to your chest.
- Lengthen your right leg and then turn your upper body to the left. This brings your right elbow close to your left knee.
- Now, switch sides while pumping your legs back and forth.
- Do as much as you can.
There go our best weight loss workouts for men to lose fat at home. Although these workouts do not require pieces of equipment, you can also add weights as a modification to them.
Let us know how these moves worked for you. Best of luck in your weight loss journey!