Workouts that burn more fat than running? – Running is one of the most beloved exercises. It helps burn calories, and it is a great stress reliever. It also helps the heart in that it can be reflective and helps to lose fat and shed some extra pounds.
To Burn more fat is to go an extra mile, from other workouts. And running is one of the most common workouts for losing fat but research has found that running may not be as effective as you expect if you’re trying to lose weight fast.
If you’ve been trying to run to lose a little bit more fat, but aren’t really in love with the whole running part of things, there are other exercises out there that can give you the cardio you want and help you drop the fat you want as well.
Running is not the most efficient method for burning calories. The average person burns an average of 10 calories per minute while running.
This article contains short, but intense, workouts that help to burn more fat without burning out.
- 15 Effective Steps to Lose Weight if You Weigh 200lbs or More
- 7 Best Exercises To Lose More Than 15 Pounds In A Week
10 Intensive Workouts That Burn More Fat Than Running
Here are 10 exercises that rank higher than running when it comes to calorie burn. We aren’t saying that running is a bad thing. Running is great! All we want to do is try to help you and give you ideas on how to possibly better your workouts.
Burpees are even more effective than all-out bike sprint, so 10 burpees a minute help you lose 14 calories. This exercise will help you burn fat and improve your metabolism. Burpees are a full body exercise that everyone should do.
You might hate doing them, but you’ll definitely never regret the results you get from doing them.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, weight in your heels, and your arms at your sides
- Push your hips back, bend your knees, and lower your body into a squat
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of, and just inside, your feet. Shift your weight onto them
- Jump your feet back to softly land on the balls of your feet in a plank position. Your body should form a straight line from your head to heels. Be careful not to let your back sag or your butt stick up in the air, as both can keep you from effectively working your core
- Jump your feet back so that they land just outside of your hands
- Reach your arms overhead and explosively jump up into the air
- Land and immediately lower back into a squat for your next rep.
2. Russian Kettlebell Swing
These exercises help you burn calories and sculpt a lean figure while giving your body an overall workout.
This workout is specially designed for beginners who are new to the fitness game but can be done by anyone. It only requires a few minutes during which you can burn up to 10 calories a minute.
It targets the shoulders, back, hips, glutes, and legs and helps to burn more fat around these areas. This gives you a perfectly sculpted body.
- Stand up straight, with feet a bit wider than hip-distance apart
- Grab the kettlebell handle with both hands, keeping the palms face down and arms in front of the body
- Keep knees slightly bent and drive the hips back, lowering the body (do not go too low as it is not a squat)
- Then, in a fluid motion, explosively drive the hips forward while swinging the kettlebell, keeping the glutes and core engaged
- Ensure that you move from the hips, not the arms, as the body returns to standing
- Lower the weight back down between the legs
- Do 12 to 15 reps.
3. Jump Rope
The jump rope is an incredibly efficient, versatile workout tool. Carry it in your backpack or briefcase, bring it with you on vacations and weekend trips for work because this is one of the easiest ways to build cardio fitness, agility, and strength on the go.
Not only does jumping rope burn a whopping 10 calories a minute, but it also strengthens your legs, butt, shoulders, and arms in the process.
Start with just 10 minutes a day and you’ve burned 1,000 calories or nearly 100 grams of fat in a week. Moreover, this is a complete exercise.
The best part about jumping rope is that you need minimal space to do it. You don’t need to be outside covering a lot of ground to get the full effects of this workout.
4. Cross-fit Exercises
Doing Crossfit exercises will help burn more fat on your body. This is because you are forcing your body to use multiple muscles at once.
The typical cross-fit exercise involves numerous different exercises, and many of them can be quite intense. However, you do not need to follow the strict routine, just pick three of the exercises and do them regularly.
Within the first time, you can try for 10 minutes duration but as you continue, move from 10 to 20 minutes.
That is, do 10-20 minutes of any three of your favorite exercises. Mine are
- 5 pull-ups
- 10 push-ups
- 15 squats.
5. Bike Sprints
Bike sprints are great for beginners, as well as for people who have not exercised regularly. Pedal the fastest you can for a minute, and then slow down for another minute or two. For best results, alternate between a cruising speed and a sprinting speed.
Here is a breakdown of a 10-minute bike sprint exercise that helps you burn more fat:
- 2-minute warmup
- 20-second all-out sprint
- 2-minute recovery cycle
- 20-second all-out sprint
- 2-minute recovery cycle
- 20-second all-out sprint
- 3-minute cool-down
6. Jump Squats
Jump squats are one of the most effective exercises you can do to burn more fat, as they can provide amazing effects. These can help you burn 14 calories in 20 seconds hard work.
- Begin squatting. To squat, lower your body as much as you can by squatting down. Bend your knees and assume the position of sitting down. Your thighs should be parallel to the ground. Pause and hold the position
- Launch your body upwards. Lift your hands above your head as you jump in the air
- Try to land in the same position. Bring your arms back to the starting position. Repeat
- As you land, go into the squat to finish one repetition. Try and land effectively (you may have to master this skill)
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps
7. Indoor Rowing
Rowing burns an insane amount of calories. Per hour, you can burn up to 682! Rowing is one of the most intense, and effective exercises you can add to your routine.
While at the rowing machine, you will burn up to 50 percent more calories while strengthening nearly all the muscles from your shoulders to your calves.
- Wrap fingers lightly around the handle and keep wrists straight
- Stretch arms in front of you, keeping shoulders relaxed—no hunching
- Hinge forward from the hips and bend knees until they’re over ankles
- Push through feet, extend legs, and lean back slightly; keep shoulders relaxed
- Draw elbows straight back to sides until hands reach ribs
- To start the next stroke, extend arms, and then bend knees to slide the seat forward.
Dancing is a fun way to burn calories. If you weigh 155 and dance fast for 30 minutes, expect to burn 223 calories in 30 minutes, equal to a cross-country hike.
Slower ballroom dance still sizzles 205 calories in 30 minutes and even a slow waltz fries 105 calories in the same amount of time — the amount you’d burn in a casual game of volleyball. People who weigh more burn a greater number of calories when dancing, too.
Dancing is great fun AND it burns more fat. Dancing burns up to 443 calories an hour! Next time you’re in the club, hit the floor!
- Consistency is the key to successful calorie burning, so whichever activity you choose, aim for 30 to 60 minutes of cardio five days per week.
- Before aerobic dancing, fast walking or uphill walking, warm up for five to 10 minutes with light activity such as walking at 3 mph on flat ground.
- Include stretching in your workout if you wish to increase flexibility, but warm up first or stretch at the end of your workout.
- If you’re inactive now, consult your physician before starting a new exercise program.
9. Rock Climbing
Rock climbing can help you keep your fit body or work toward shedding a few pounds, provided you also consume a healthy diet. After a day of rock climbing, you might move a little gingerly as you nurse your tired body.
Although this workout provides a challenging workout for your muscles, it also burns calories to contribute to fat loss.
Rock climbing has two central elements: ascending the rock face and rappelling down it. The extra effort you must expend during the ascending part of the activity generates a higher calorie burn.
A 185-pound person burns approximately 488 calories during half an hour of ascending, compared with about 355 calories during 30 minutes of the rappelling phase, according to statistics from Harvard Medical School.
Burning these many calories, however, doesn’t mean you’ll be half a pound lighter at the end of the day. To burn more fat, you must put your body in a calorie deficit state, which is the result of consuming fewer calories than you burn.
If you consume too many calories on the day of your rock climb, the exercise won’t lead to the loss of any fat.
10. High-Intensity Interval Training
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is one of the most efficient exercises to burn more fat – HIIT can be used to describe any exercise that alternates between intense bursts of activity and periods of less-intense activity or rest. exercises, such as burpees, push ups, pull ups, and squats among others.
HIIT has long been a favorite training method for athletes for good reason. There is a great deal of science that shows HIIT training to be an incredibly effective way to reach your body goals!
A single HIIT workout can burn up to 16 calories per minute, nearly twice that of running. Plus, HIIT is a total-body workout strengthening everything from legs to butt, shoulders to arms, core to back.
HIIT workouts not only help to burn more fat, but they also help you continue to do so after the workout is completed!
A 2006 study found that after just 8 weeks of HIIT training, subjects were able to bicycle twice as long as they could before while keeping the same pace
There is no magical formula to help you lose weight. All you need to lose weight is the resolve and dedication to a workout plan and a healthy diet.
This post is more beneficial to those that really want to burn more fat but do not know where to start from.
Are you ready to tone your muscles, burn fat and boost your metabolism? Showing up every day and working your body is the key to sustainable weight loss and fitness. Get started now and burn more fat off your body than running will do.